Certified Legendary Thread Future of James Aish, for a limited time only! (trolling opposition supporters automatic day off)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For mine, he makes pretty good decisions about low-risk but effective kicks. I haven't seen him pick out pinpoint targets or anything, but he generally makes the right call with it.

I have no doubt that he will turn out a very well rounded footballer. I don't think he's the idiosyncratic type who gets by with an outstanding attribute, but there is nothing he does badly.

I'd love to see him stay, but more than anything I'd just like to know one way or the other.
Afraid I disagree with his decision making. Majority of his touches are rushed, hence the kicking around his body. I'm sure before he was drafted, it was said that it looked like he had more time than others, I just haven't seen that. Yes it's the afl, but you should be able to see that trait in him at least.
Plenty for him to work on in my opinion.
I think his first 5 touches yesterday, we're either blunders or wrong options.(listened on radio, so only going by commentators)
Again, I'm just trying to justify the elite skills comments from the crows board.

He kicks to the boundary line probably the most out of anyone in the AFL... I kid you not.
His best work is in close IMO but when he floats at the back of a pack he plays it way too safe.
Still he played a decent game last night and the pleasing thing was his ground coverage.

His kicking/decision making needs a lot of work, but I was happy with his workrate... as long as he works hard like the weekend he should start stringing some games together, but he needs to improve his field kicking that is for sure.

I wasn't at the game so couldn't tell how hard he was working around the ground but he seemed to get to the right spots and attacked the ball pretty hard. Happy with his game and should see him keep his spot.

Form is a very subtle thing.

He was getting the pill often enough for the thought to occur it only needed one zapper of a pass to turn the corner.

Not far away is my guess.

With Aish's current situation I think we tend to over analyse every single ounce of information that comes to light. But to completely contradict myself, I felt like Brown made a concerted effort and took it upon himself to make a comment whenever Aish went near it. Both praise and criticism

Listening to the game on the radio and they said no problem getting the ball but disposal was terrible by foot. I must admit it sounded like he didn't hit a team mate by foot all night.

Listening to the game on the radio and they said no problem getting the ball but disposal was terrible by foot. I must admit it sounded like he didn't hit a team mate by foot all night.

Pretty much his best atm is like the doggies Macrae's worst. Worked hard and found the ball but yeah he was shakey at times. I noticed he was moved back in periods during the games so Id imagine he could better find a out kick with the way the game was being play. He obviously has quality, but he very well a "Get games into him" type atm. As long as he keeps working hard and finds the pill he should play, and work through these issues at the AFL level

Of course there's always the possibility that the speculation is playing with his mind a bit. Lot of pressure there, whether you think he has brought it on himself or not, must be a factor and not likely that we have seen close to his best yet.

He seemed really disinterested when they came out to play I thought.....but he got right into the game and seemed to relax and be himself.....and was smiling.

Perhaps he wasn't sure of the response from the fans, and was uneasy at the start.

We have to remember he is still a kid with a mansize decision to make........ would have to be weighing him down.

Just wish Pickering would bugger off with JDepps dogs.

Hi guys,

Trying to convince some of the non-believers on my forum about Aish's ability.

Can anyone remember which game it was last year when Aish was running down the wing from the back 50 to the forward 50 receiving the ball, dishing it off, directing the player where to kick it and then I think received the ball again further down the wing?

I can't find it on youtube.

Cheers

Hi guys,

Can anyone remember which game it was last year when Aish was running down the wing from the back 50 to the forward 50 receiving the ball, dishing it off, directing the player where to kick it and then I think received the ball again further down the wing?

Cheers
Well the only game where l can think Aish has played any kind of good football would be the Saint Kilda game last year in NZ. Aish hasn't produced anything close to good football this year so l can understand where these non-believers are coming from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well the only game where l can think Aish has played any kind of good football would be the Saint Kilda game last year in NZ. Aish hasn't produced anything close to good football this year so l can understand where these non-believers are coming from.

Hmm, pretty sure it was in Brisbane.

Hi guys,

Cheers
So, you want us help convince your mates on the Adelaide board as to why he's worth trading for?

Whether he was in the situation he is in atm re possible leaving, or not, he genuinely has been a dissappointment for most of us. I have tried very hard to see things from his pov etc and give him time, but I just cannot see anything of the "immensely talented" player he is supposed to be...he really has showed us zilch.

...and this is not sour grapes or trying to put anyone off taking him....it is my very real opinion. Naturally we hope it is all sorted out one way or the other very soon, but if he goes, on what we have seen, won't be too upset.

If he stays, he will need to put in a lot more than at present....and imo not worth $400,000 or anywhere near it.

So, you want us help convince your mates on the Adelaide board as to why he's worth trading for?

I just think some of their opinions are horribly inaccurate. Highlighting his ability increases his value.

Whether he was in the situation he is in atm re possible leaving, or not, he genuinely has been a dissappointment for most of us. I have tried very hard to see things from his pov etc and give him time, but I just cannot see anything of the "immensely talented" player he is supposed to be...he really has showed us zilch.

...and this is not sour grapes or trying to put anyone off taking him....it is my very real opinion. Naturally we hope it is all sorted out one way or the other very soon, but if he goes, on what we have seen, won't be too upset.

If he stays, he will need to put in a lot more than at present....and imo not worth $400,000 or anywhere near it.

Ok wow, maybe my opinion is horribly inaccurate for Brisbane fans to feel this way as well.

I just think some of their opinions are horribly inaccurate. Highlighting his ability increases his value.

Ok wow, maybe my opinion is horribly inaccurate for Brisbane fans to feel this way as well.
He has a lot of talent and he showed a lot last year and most importantly he was loving football in Queensland I don't know what has changed this year but if he gets he's head right I'm sure he'll get back the talent he showed for us last year

I think that criticism, evaluation of Aish's game (for a second year player) is incredibly heightened due to his contract situation. I think he showed some obvious class at stages last year, there was one 24 possession game he had at the Gabba (cant recall exactly which one) where I turned to my Dad and said "he looks like a young Simon Black". It takes time, he is IMO, going to be a 200 game player, whether he can be elite or not is still to be seen. I can understand some people bemoaning his 'lack of talent' or his not being 'as good as he supposedly is' or whatever, but in all reality - had he signed I wouldnt currently be concerned with his development. He was great againts the Power and average on the weekend, its about what you get from a second year player in most cases. I can even recall Rich, after having an amazing first year, looking average at times in his second and third years. I think in some cases, the contract discussion my be clouding some peoples judgement on Aish.

I think that criticism, evaluation of Aish's game (for a second year player) is incredibly heightened due to his contract situation. I think he showed some obvious class at stages last year, there was one 24 possession game he had at the Gabba (cant recall exactly which one) where I turned to my Dad and said "he looks like a young Simon Black". It takes time, he is IMO, going to be a 200 game player, whether he can be elite or not is still to be seen. I can understand some people bemoaning his 'lack of talent' or his not being 'as good as he supposedly is' or whatever, but in all reality - had he signed I wouldnt currently be concerned with his development. He was great againts the Power and average on the weekend, its about what you get from a second year player in most cases. I can even recall Rich, after having an amazing first year, looking average at times in his second and third years. I think in some cases, the contract discussion my be clouding some peoples judgement on Aish.

Sadly, I think the contract stuff is clouding not only our judgement of his worth but quite possibly his own peace of mind. To me, he not only looks like a second year player but someone who is rattled. Yesterday's double fumble that cost us a gift goal was symptomatic of a young man who is not coping with pressure - on or off the field.[/QUOTE]

Im concerned Adelaide fans are a little TO pleased about his current form.

Despite our best efforts to hide him away, they're onto us.

His form is brilliant and stupendous ....he's Ablett and Carey rolled into one.

By God we're not letting him go cheap!!

First round pick plus an untouchable at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back