Mega Thread Malthouse, Trigg, the Players, Game plan - The Official 'Where is Carlton At" thread (2015 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeez I hope Carlton hire Worsfold. Just to prove they've learnt nothing.

After that, maybe they can get John Elliott to rejoin the board.

Why would hiring Worsfold be proof they've learned nothing? He is ex-Carlton having spent 2 years there as an assistant, but he's not a jobs-for-the-boys Carlton person.

Worsfold is only 46 and is currently out of the coaching game. It's not like they would be poaching Clarkson or Longmire or Lyon and just expecting success to follow.

Worsfold's coaching leaves a bit to be desired tactically, but he took over a West Coast side in a similar position to where Carlton are now and got them playing competitive footy straight away. He was lucky to inherit a young Cousins, Kerr, Cox, Glass, Embley etc. but half the 22 from the 2006 GF winning side weren't on the list when he arrived, and some that were looked like de-list material too. He's a sensational leader and motivator.

I am getting tired of this attack on coaches and a demand for them them to be sacked by the media.

Carlton made it clear that they were going to commit to Mick till the end of the year. The media have pushed and pushed until they have finally got what they wanted which is for the club to essentially say he is gone in two weeks time.

My question is:

Would the players and club be in such a poor position if the media had accepted this and jumped on a different band wagon?

The media focus on the club surely hasn't helped.
They are a pathetic bunch of bottom feeders.
Carlton will still struggle with another coach because they are rebuilding.
Like I said the media are *s and have made this about wins/losses.
They are the ones trashing the Carlton brand.

baf9f88e_torches-and-pitchforks-simpson.jpeg

Realistically, Mick may as well walk. Jump before he is pushed.

Why stay on and have his win/loss record take a hit.

Pretty obvious Carlton will chase Stewart Dew or similar.
In B4 KFC jokes.

I cant remember the last multi club premiership coach to be sacked midseason at his third club. First time ever if it happens? Its a big story.

Blighty would be closest...but yeah that's why the media keep going ad nauseum.

Bruce Matheson - does he still exert control at Carlton? I understand he is no longer on the board but I have heard it said that the new Carlton president has his backing.

Matho's grubby hands are all over carlton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do gooder, bleeding hearts pink frilly knickers. This is a result based business - get results in 2-3 years or on your bike.

Bruce Matheson - does he still exert control at Carlton? I understand he is no longer on the board but I have heard it said that the new Carlton president has his backing.

His nephew is on the board.

Mick took a million dollar a year job to lead Carlton to a flag. He has failed miserably and completely destroyed their list. Why shouldn't he be getting this sort of attention? He shouldn't have agreed to the job if he hadn't accessed the list
Properly. Oh and Dale Thomas on 700k lmfao funny how every pies supporter knew they were making a huge mistake spending that money.

Oh and Dale Thomas on 700k lmfao funny how every pies supporter knew they were making a huge mistake spending that money.

We had to listen to how Liam Jones would prosper too at Carlton.

Even got told in the pre-season we had egg on our faces and Jones was making people eat their words.

It has to be all over after that interview. If the board has any balls he should be walked out the door in the next 2 hours.

Go to www.sen.com.au if you havens heard it. Its up and ready.

He also dropped Trigg in the poo as well. He stated that Trigg told Carlton that the Betts deal with Adelaide was done 18 months out. AFL may be interested in the ins and outs of that arrangement.

Just want to say well done Mick on coming out swinging against the board's decision to give you two weeks. Good on you. Hold your ground right to the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back