Adelaide alleged to have signed Betts 18 months before he left Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

494866-matt-rendell.jpg

I much prefer

819301-hamish-ogilvie.jpg

Rendell has had a number of failures where he went against Hamish's advice and a number of Rendell picks were actually Ogilvie suggestions. ;)

18 months out tho? Seems excessive
Not really - if it's toward the end of one season then he plays the next and leaves it seems like a year out but gets closer to 18.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's bullshit it's even being investigated by the AFL. Disgrace.
Why? If there is a signed contract and the AFL finds it then you're rightfully in trouble. If not, play on.

The real crime is Calrton hiring Trigg in the first place. Look's like they are getting punished for it though.

Melbourne were the fall guys for tanking after Carl, Coll, West Coast and probably several other teams had enjoyed the fruits of the priority picks.

It won't bother me at all if Adelaide take the blame on this one.

It has to stop.

We aren't rugby league. When you sign a contract you play for that team until it's done. If during the trade period in October teams or players want to meet then I can live with that, but for the rest of the year and for free agents you have to wait until that period.

Carlton meeting with Aish was just another one in the list of what should be deemed against AFL rules and should result in fines and for repeated behaviour loss of draft picks.

Melbourne were the fall guys for tanking after Carl, Coll, West Coast and probably several other teams had enjoyed the fruits of the priority picks.

It won't bother me at all if Adelaide take the blame on this one.

It has to stop.

We aren't rugby league. When you sign a contract you play for that team until it's done. If during the trade period in October teams or players want to meet then I can live with that, but for the rest of the year and for free agents you have to wait until that period.

Carlton meeting with Aish was just another one in the list of what should be deemed against AFL rules and should result in fines and for repeated behaviour loss of draft picks.
Given the Crows were punished for Melbourne's tanking through losing Dean Bailey for 16 rounds, we're quite done with "taking the blame" as well...

A big nothing. Eddie's contract was going to be ending, he wanted to go home. Adelaide said they were interested. Nothing signed, just an agreement in principle.

However it is a pretty damning indictment on Betts himself that he knew he was going all through 2013 and played like s**t. Took his last year's salary under false pretences if this is the case.

Trigg is a grub but part of me reckons Malthouse just made this up so he could throw Trigg under the bus. Either way tapping up players is really common.
Part to throw Trigg under the bus, and part deflection on his own part of Betts leaving since he's playing out of his skin this year. "Oh, I wanted to keep Betts, but Triggy says it wasn't up to me since Betts had signed with the Crows 6 months before I got here" while ignoring the fact he was the one who wanted Daisy Thomas and was fine with Betts leaving.

A big nothing. Eddie's contract was going to be ending, he wanted to go home. Adelaide said they were interested. Nothing signed, just an agreement in principle.

However it is a pretty damning indictment on Betts himself that he knew he was going all through 2013 and played like s**t. Took his last year's salary under false pretences if this is the case.
It's another reason why it should be stopped.

Currently there are so few free agents that they all have a heavy weight playing in the final year of a contract and are distracted by the decision and options put in front of them.

If they can get through the season and finish out their contracts without offers put to them it takes that weight off.

Sure in the US sports where Free Agency is a big thing the potential free agents do get discussed but mainly the focus is on the season at hand and teams and players wait until it's finished.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back