Malthouse claims Trigg admits Adelaide had Betts 'stitched up' with 18 months to go on his contract

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a nothing story and we probably have no impact if not for triggs record. Mick knows that Trigg is still very wounded and all he needed to do was pour a little petrol on the fire and media would do the rest. It will be interesting to see how Mick weasels his way out of this. There could be a defamation case.

Unfortunately its not just Rucci its also his employer who obviously doesn't put an emphasis on quality journalism

Lets just all bombard the Adelaidenow and Rucci twitter accounts in protest of his sloppy work

You do realise the Advertiser is a New Corp publication! Enough said and the sooner its boss, Rupert Murdoch, decides to curl up his toes and goes to hell the better off our society will be.

Don't waste your time on Rucci, not worth it.

And also went on a bizarre rant accusing Sos Silvagni as being a major agitator behind Malthouses demise something to do with coming in to Rebuild the list to spite Mick . Said "He's not a liar" ad nausium.
Stephen reached new uncharted lows in credibility last night. When this is put to bed he should apologize to our club.

Rucci and the chadveriser have gone mental on this. I hope that the club gets a chance to give the one finger salute to them once this is done. They should get nothing from us.

I really hope that this Saturday night against Freo the EDDDDIIIIEEEEE chant is nice and loud before the players come out of the race! He has done nothing wrong and hopefully it fires him up knowing he made the right decision to leave that shambles of a club.

What exactly to some people think we might be guilty of?
With my very ignorant understanding the only issue here is if we had a signed agreement with Eddie Betts before he was out of contract yeah?

Or are we not even allowed to talk to him whilst he is contracted? (but presumably can still talk to his manager?)

Further to that, what is it that Mick has done exactly. Wasn't the context of the claim basically an excuse as to why they let Betts go and reasoning for his form dip. The term used was stitched up, which doesn't necessarily imply signed. I thought he was just really excusing himself for choosing Daisy over Betts and provided the background that Betts had mentally checked out and that at the time his form didn't warrant what he was asking for.

I'm guessing that I might have missed something along the way.

Mick is definitely being very mischievous and he knows it. Is that lying. I would say it is.

I actually think that Mick is trying to deflect any blame away from himself for letting Betts walk and giving Daisy that massive contract. He knows it will be one of the questions that people will ask him whether it was a mistake letting Betts go, so rather than be criticised about it, he's gone on the front foot and claimed that Eddie was already gone. It's a typical Malthouse move, I actually don't think he expected this to have the repercussions that it did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When this be investigated and when will this blow over?? we need this to be sorted out and put to bed!
nothing better come of it!

I actually think that Mick is trying to deflect any blame away from himself for letting Betts walk and giving Daisy that massive contract. He knows it will be one of the questions that people will ask him whether it was a mistake letting Betts go, so rather than be criticised about it, he's gone on the front foot and claimed that Eddie was already gone. It's a typical Malthouse move, I actually don't think he expected this to have the repercussions that it did.
you don't think he was deliberately having a shot at Trigg on the way out? That would also be a typical Mick move.

Rucci and the chadveriser have gone mental on this. I hope that the club gets a chance to give the one finger salute to them once this is done. They should get nothing from us.

I think this had already been happening hence rucci stooping to new lows.

I agree though the crows really need to show that this is bullshit what rucci and the advertiser are doing. Subtle digs at press conferences would be a start.

You do realise our major board member, inaugural coach, and captain all work for the paper don't you?
Not to mention our star player.

I think this had already been happening hence rucci stooping to new lows.

I agree though the crows really need to show that this is bullshit what rucci and the advertiser are doing. Subtle digs at press conferences would be a start.
ensuring that they never have access to players or any of our advertising dollar would also be good

I can't find the free agency rules anywhere. Rule 4.7 seems to be the one in the mix here. Can talk just can't 'come to terms' I think. No idea how that is worded and how enforceable it is.

What is very amusing is the articles where Trigg bangs on about the geelong visit to Port and how the rules need to change for stuff like that to not be allowed... if there is ANY truth to what MM says (and I'm very skeptical)....
I thought I read that the penalty for breach is a $50k fine.

Sort of puts Rucci's article in perspective with regard to the amount of research he does!

They are already getting the cold shoulder from our club, hence the attacks on the afc. We are aligned more with the Melbourne Age and other Melbourne papers and giving those journalists access to the club, players and staff that the Advertiser staff wish they could be getting. I for one am quite pleased with the treatment of the Advertiser by our club. Also in terms of the reach of the Advertiser public, it won't create new fans for us, but reaching out into other markets, i.e. Melbourne, to get more of a profile there is a very good thing.

If anyone needed anymore evidence that we are coming out of this fine then listen to Jon Ralph, his comments on SEN this morning were along the lines of, "nothing will come of this, it's just Mick throwing a hand grenade"

JON F@#$&ING RALPH, one of the biggest s**t stirrers there is and even he is putting this to bed straight away.

When this be investigated and when will this blow over?? we need this to be sorted out and put to bed!
nothing better come of it!

funny-gif-cats-jumping-shadow.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back