Malthouse claims Trigg admits Adelaide had Betts 'stitched up' with 18 months to go on his contract

Remove this Banner Ad

He said stitched up first, then said something about Eddie not playing well because he'd already signed.

That's no different to what a heap of paranoid posters here thought about Kurt in the final against Sydney. If Betts had made the decision to move, perhaps it did take 5% from his effort. For mine, Mick was simply offering an excuse (Eddie's poorish form) for allowing him to leave in what was effectively an exchange for his boy Daisy Thomas. As of yesterday morning, while Mick was still coach, that decision was looking like one of the worst calls in recent memory. Betts off a very good year and in something close to career best form and Daisy struggling to get on the park and then struggling when he's on the park. Seems a pretty natural deflection to explain a god-awful decision that is biting them pretty hard. Of course, the club in question having gone through it's own issues with player contracts quite recently provided the fuel for what was a pretty tiny and otherwise meaningless spark. You'll note that I didn't actually mention Stephen Trigg's name there out of courtesy to you.

Have it right here in front of me.
Back page say NOTHING TO HIDE. Hardly inflammatory and a story that HAS to be reported on.
Front page has two Carlton men and one ex-Carlton man pictured. Again, not really inflammatory, Betts isn't even shown in our colours but in the indigenous guernsey that looks very blue.
Inside are articles from Melbourne about Carlton, apart from Rucci and a little dig at Port Powers inability to keep coaches from Fjeldstad. Then a halfpage on Impey re-signing.
Page 66 has a full page from our inaugural captain talking about Carlton.
Page 65 has a full on fluff piece about a demolition of Freo.

Seriously, stop being paranoid, we OWN the Advertiser!

Rucci doesn't damage the brand TRIGG DOES!
maybe you should have a look at how its presented on Adelaide now. You can't tell me that calling it alledged draft tampering and theorizing that Eddie could be banned is not inflammatory.

Yep, stuff him. Don't bite, don't read, let's just get on with supporting the club and our boys. Leave the cockroach to eventually turn on his own team like he always does. Here's hoping for a miracle weekend where we beat Freo and the powerless go down.
I stopped reading the Advertiser years ago largely because of him. So personally Rucci is irrelevant. Yes we need a miracle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rucci will demand that a wider ruling body similar to WADA appeal the AFL's decision that there's absolutely no grounds for an investigation. He'll argue that Brian Cunningham chair the procedures, Brian will later state that "it was the best $50k I ever earnt."

They've said they'll make a few phone calls, pretty much to refute Mick's claims, and that should be it, as per the inDaily article.

Yeah I'm not saying the AFL wouldn't investigate something that needed it, but right now they're asking questions with their fingers crossed because the last thing the game needs right now is another cap breach or Essendon-like ongoing pile of crap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back