Malthouse claims Trigg admits Adelaide had Betts 'stitched up' with 18 months to go on his contract

Remove this Banner Ad

pretty happy with the way the club has positioned themselves in the media since Fages has turned up.

You've got two guys close to the club in Roo and Bicks on the radio - who importantly don't fall into the trap of barracking while still being able to whack down bullshit - and we've shut out Rooch the flog and opened up channels at The Age to get well written and positive pieces out to sell the club.

Plus we've got Fages, Walshy and Tex doing work in the pressers that makes Trigg's regime look like an absolute joke.

Getting an investigation is a story.

Rooch wrote a story calling for life bans, draft sanctions etc. None of which are possible sanctions AFAIK. He's tried to be judge jury and executioner before even doing any research. After 13 hours and a few calls, he know has evidence of no wrongdoing. If he'd waited til he'd made a few calls, he could have avoided writing such an inflammatory article in the first place.

No other media identities wrote "sanctions" stories.

No other media identity covers SA footy

LOL. You got me. But I didn't add that bit.

I've never edited a Wikipedia article before, I had no idea it was so easy. For a laugh i looked to see if I could glean anything from the edit history but it didn't seem to be a "rompingwins" kind of page.

Gold

Absolute
****ing
GOLD !:D:D:D

[ddd QUOTE="Messiah, post: 38775602, member: 23492"]Some of that sounds like it was written by Carl.

Rooch - You're taking it out of context!
Bicks - It's the headline
Rooch - I only said it was possible he might lose his job in about the 12th paragraph!
Bicks - It's the headline.
Rooch - Maybe you should have a word then with whoever at the Advertiser wrote that headline!
Bicks - Its got your name on it. Maybe you should have a word.

This was classic stuff. Well done Bicks![/QUOTE]
Wasn't the headline a quote from the article ?

Bicks smashed him like a guitar

I like it when Bicks was telling Roach to " calm down"
and Roach's voice got higher and more shrill.

He's a s**t journo and a s**t commentator
There is nothing here to see except a diversion from the paers 3 losses in a row

No other media identity covers SA footy
Someone on Facebook gave a link to this really good article

http://indaily.com.au/sport/2015/05/27/formal-eddie-betts-inquiry-appears-unlikely/

"A formal AFL investigation into the circumstances of dynamic forward Eddie Betts’ now-controversial signing with Adelaide seems unlikely to proceed.

As it stands, there is no formal investigation, however the league will be asking some informal questions of key stakeholders “in the next couple of days”."

A very good, balanced article. Thank you, Tom Richardson. Maybe the Advertiser should be looking at your resume.

Someone on Facebook gave a link to this really good article

http://indaily.com.au/sport/2015/05/27/formal-eddie-betts-inquiry-appears-unlikely/

"A formal AFL investigation into the circumstances of dynamic forward Eddie Betts’ now-controversial signing with Adelaide seems unlikely to proceed.

As it stands, there is no formal investigation, however the league will be asking some informal questions of key stakeholders “in the next couple of days”."

A very good, balanced article. Thank you, Tom Richardson. Maybe the Advertiser should be looking at your resume.

Why would he want to ruin his career by working in that den of *s.

I really like this bit: "But league sources suggest that since Carlton had “last rights to (Betts’s) services”, media suggestions of another Kurt Tippett-esque finale, with suspensions, life bans and draft sanctions doled out like candy, seem monumentally farfetched."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Ralph and Michaelangelo Rucci are sorry souls. They get absolutely zero access to any genuine information because no one trusts them or respects them.

So they only have two options - 1) Use quotes from public press conferences or already-published articles; or 2) Make s**t up.

When they go Option 1 no one cares because it's nothing new. When it's Option 2 they over-reach because they're always playing catch-up so they gun for the "big story", but no one takes them seriously.

And when questioned, they squib it.

the article states that the investigation will widen however provides absolutely no further information

I also forgot about the Waite acquisition, Malthouse claimed that Waite went back on his word

Mick seems to have a bit of form
I thought mick had dinner with him the night or nights before and Waite said nothing to him?

Just read what Mick said about Betts playing cautiously, what a s**t thing to say

Mark McLure was saying on 360 tonight that Carlton players won't play well unless they believe in their board members. And they have got Thomas blaming the media for Malthouse's sacking.

How precious are these guys? Mick had no hope.

Very much just a Rucci style article, with things like "The AFL’s investigation had widened on Wednesday night to take in eight interviews so far" written to make it sound like its all happening with some great urgency and he's breaking some new twist in the story late at night.

No, its been 8 people since this afternoon and so far everyone is pretty happy with where it is at, but that doesn't create enough controversy for that paper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back