Multiplat Destiny

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start playing Witcher & Batman then IB rears its ugly head...

tumblr_mbhkbxr0Zl1qdb4cxo1_r1_500.gif

That sounds as good as my "keep heavy incase of supers" argument. :)
No it doesn't.

One is positioning. If you see a Titan running towards you, There's an 80% chance he's trying to slam jam you and probably a 10% chance he's trying to shoulder charge. But given their relative slowness if you keep your distance they are easily disposed.

It's obviously easier said than done, a lot of this isn't far off of 'Shoot s**t and don't die'. But people give up way to many deaths by not keeping it simple and I'm one of them.

Position yourself better. You should be aiming to keep Titans as far away from you as possible for most of the game.

You can do stuff, it sounds like you're doing everything possible to hand kills to people with supers though. Now you'll still die to Supers a lot, everyone does. Saying that you can't do anything at all every time makes it seem like you're not good at the game. There's skill in avoid supers as much as there is in using them.
You have no idea how I play. Those added descriptions in my previous post were just in response to the answers I anticipated.

The reality is, you're making it sound a lot easier than it is. You can try all those little tactics all you want, but you'll still die 99% of the time, even when you try to back off and run away. Get out of the Gunslingers line of sight? You realize he kills you in like a second?

Back yourself up with a video of a few matches where you consistently counter and/or avoid supers, then you'll have a case.

You have no idea how I play. Those added descriptions in my previous post were just in response to the answers I anticipated.

The reality is, you're making it sound a lot easier than it is. You can try all those little tactics all you want, but you'll still die 99% of the time, even when you try to back off and run away. Get out of the Gunslingers line of sight? You realize he kills you in like a second?

Back yourself up with a video of a few matches where you consistently counter and/or avoid supers, then you'll have a case.

If you're dying 99% of the time then I know that you play badly. If you read my post I said that you'll die a lot, but I'm at least giving you options to take them on rather than face tanking them all.

But stop this 'woe is me, supers are too OP for me to counter'. Talking about how you constantly see Blade dancers turn the tide of matches. They're probably turning matches because you're feeding them kills.

I can barely be bothered typing out responses to your bleating, let alone make you a Youtube clip of 'Crucible 101' for you. But we'll see how I go this IB, you may get lucky.

If you're dying 99% of the time then I know that you play badly. If you read my post I said that you'll die a lot, but I'm at least giving you options to take them on rather than face tanking them all.

But stop this 'woe is me, supers are too OP for me to counter'. Talking about how you constantly see Blade dancers turn the tide of matches. They're probably turning matches because you're feeding them kills.

I can barely be bothered typing out responses to your bleating, let alone make you a Youtube clip of 'Crucible 101' for you. But we'll see how I go this IB, you may get lucky.
Looks like you don't know what hyperbole is.

I'd already tried everything you listed and more, and I can say with certainty it's not as easy as you're trying to make it sound, and now you're chickening out of giving evidence to back yourself up. I didn't ask for a tutorial video, just a match or two where your "backing away from sprinting titan" tactic works consistently (it's very easy to record on PS4/Xbone). Because of your reluctance however, I'm inclined to believe you're a liar.

Looks like you don't know what hyperbole is.

I'd already tried everything you listed and more, and I can say with certainty it's not as easy as you're trying to make it sound, and now you're chickening out of giving evidence to back yourself up. I didn't ask for a tutorial video, just a match or two where your "backing away from sprinting titan" tactic works consistently (and it's very easy to record on PS4/Xbone). Because of your reluctance however, I'm inclined to believe it's total baloney, 100% made up.

I'll do that if you put together a video of these Blade Dancers getting 10 kills per Super like you were crying about earlier.

If I have a game where I find some dumb Titans I'll record it for you. If not then tough t***ies.

I'll do that if you put together a video of these Blade Dancers getting 10 kills per Super like you were crying about earlier.

If I have a game where I find some dumb Titans I'll record it for you. If not then tough t***ies.
I shouldn't even need to find evidence for Blade Dancers. You obviously don't pay attention to the kills on the left of the screen if you don't often see Blade Dancers get 3-4 kills in quick succession.

I'll post this though (forward to 9:25):

Fair to say this person isn't short of skill, and he's about 10 times better than you could ever dream of being. What should he have done about the Nova Bomb at 9:25? What kind of wisdom will you bestow upon to him? Bear in mind that Nova Bomb could easily be a Fist of Havoc too and the result would be the same.

Supers are obviously frustrating and there is clearly no strategy to ensure that you don't die from them. They are designed to some extent as a way to ensure that everyone gets a kill and from that angle they are clearly effective.

I probably die a few times from a super each game. The main reason is that I position myself on the periphery of battles. Usually I'm trying to flank the main combat area to get cheap kills - guarding important areas - and hopefully protecting my teammates. Also never the be the first player to enter a corridor or area ever.

With the exception of Golden Gun most supers are used to combat a near threat. If you don't want to die from Slam Jam or Nova Bomb then don't operate within their effective area.

The downside to my approach is that I don't get as many kills as the elite players; the positive is that usually I post a pretty good K/D ratio and help the team. That's more than can be said for those players who simply trade shotgun kills for the entire game.

But my strategy can obviously be tinkered with depending on the state of the game. Early on you can be more aggressive since nobody has any supers. If the game is going well you can become more aggressive since fewer opposition players have a super.

Positioning is key in PvP and if you are dying regularly from supers there is a good chance that you are either in the wrong position or you are playing too aggressively for your skill level. Way too many players rely heavily on their shotgun, which leaves you susceptible to supers.

Fair to say this person isn't short of skill, and he's about 10 times better than you could ever dream of being. What should he have done about the Nova Bomb at 9:25? What kind of wisdom will you bestow upon to him? Bear in mind that Nova Bomb could easily be a Fist of Havoc too and the result would be the same.

Clearly their mistake was entering that tunnel. It's easily the riskiest point in the map - which as a player of skill he would have known. Had he held his position near the top of the stairs he wouldn't have died and he would have almost certainly killed the Warlock before he could do any damage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't need to put together a video. Here's one I prepared earlier

Bungie please nerf bladedancer, clearly op /s

Supers are obviously frustrating and there is clearly no strategy to ensure that you don't die from them. They are designed to some extent as a way to ensure that everyone gets a kill and from that angle they are clearly effective.

I probably die a few times from a super each game. The main reason is that I position myself on the periphery of battles. Usually I'm trying to flank the main combat area to get cheap kills - guarding important areas - and hopefully protecting my teammates. Also never the be the first player to enter a corridor or area ever.

With the exception of Golden Gun most supers are used to combat a near threat. If you don't want to die from Slam Jam or Nova Bomb then don't operate within their effective area.

The downside to my approach is that I don't get as many kills as the elite players; the positive is that usually I post a pretty good K/D ratio and help the team. That's more than can be said for those players who simply trade shotgun kills for the entire game.

But my strategy can obviously be tinkered with depending on the state of the game. Early on you can be more aggressive since nobody has any supers. If the game is going well you can become more aggressive since fewer opposition players have a super.

Positioning is key in PvP and if you are dying regularly from supers there is a good chance that you are either in the wrong position or you are playing too aggressively for your skill level. Way too many players rely heavily on their shotgun, which leaves you susceptible to supers.
Your play style relies on having aggressive teammates to eat up enemy supers. Not necessarily a criticism, but if a team solely consisted of players like you, they'd get crushed.

You realize there's more than one way to play to play aggressive? While running Shotgun, you can aggressively look for enemies, and when the appear on the radar, you wait then blast. This is an excellent way to play for a good KDR, the problem is it still gets destroyed by supers.

You can position yourself any way you want, but so long as you're within firing range of an enemy, they can easily dispatch you with a super like Nova Bomb or Fist of Havoc and there's little to nothing you can do about it.

Your play style relies on having aggressive teammates to eat up enemy supers. Not necessarily a criticism, but if a team solely consisted of players like you, they'd get crushed.

You realize there's more than one way to play to play aggressive? While running Shotgun, you can aggressively look for enemies, and when the appear on the radar, you wait then blast. This is an excellent way to play for a good KDR, the problem is it still gets destroyed by supers.

You can position yourself any way you want, but so long as you're within firing range of an enemy, they can easily dispatch you with a super like Nova Bomb or Fist of Havoc and there's little to nothing you can do about it.

Given you appear to be the one getting destroyed consistently by supers - apparently to a far greater degree than others are - are you sure you should be giving other players advice on how to play?

I shouldn't even need to find evidence for Blade Dancers. You obviously don't pay attention to the kills on the left of the screen if you don't often see Blade Dancers get 3-4 kills in quick succession.

It isn't that you need to gather evidence for me. It is if you are asking me to put together a video for you, essentially making me do all the leg work, you can make one as well. I'm not doing all the work here.

It's very easy to go 'show me how you do it'. Knowing that I then have to go play the games and get the footage, etc.

I'll post this though (forward to 9:25):

Don't go through that corridor, that corridor is a Titan magnet and you're ****ed in there anyway. That's positioning as much as anything. If he stayed back nearer to the point he destroys that Warlock as he comes out of the choke point.

Given you appear to be the one getting destroyed consistently by supers - apparently to a far greater degree than others are - are you sure you should be giving other players advice on how to play?
Where did I give advice? I'm explaining that playing aggressive isn't as simple as you make it sound.

Are you trying to suggest people who play aggressively, no matter how good they are, should always be at a constant disadvantage because of Supers? All the while people like you look for cheap kills on the back of aggressive teammates?

Where did I give advice? I'm explaining that playing aggressive isn't as simple as you make it sound.

Are you trying to suggest people who play aggressively, no matter how good they are, should always be at a constant disadvantage because of Supers? All the while people like you look for cheap kills on the back of aggressive teammates?

No I'm suggesting that if you play stupid you are at a constant disadvantage because of Supers. If you can come up with no way to counter them with any sense of regularity then there is a good chance that you are a stupid player.

It isn't that you need to gather evidence for me. It is if you are asking me to put together a video for you, essentially making me do all the leg work, you can make one as well. I'm not doing all the work here.

It's very easy to go 'show me how you do it'. Knowing that I then have to go play the games and get the footage, etc.

So you want me to make a video for no reason other than to appease you for "doing all the work"? If you realize it's very much possible for Blade Dancers to get 3-4 kills in a row with their supers, I see no reason to make a video. There are stacks of examples on Youtube.

Hey, you're probably going to play the Crucible anyway, just press the share button after a match finishes and upload to Youtube. I know it must be extremely difficult labor for you... but it's really not.

Don't go through that corridor, that corridor is a Titan magnet and you're stuffed in there anyway. That's positioning as much as anything. If he stayed back nearer to the point he destroys that Warlock as he comes out of the choke point.
Even if he didn't go through there, the Warlock could've just as easily killed him in the open. As soon as Nova Bomb activates, the user gets super armour, and he's impossible to kill without a rocket launcher or help.

No I'm suggesting that if you play stupid you are at a constant disadvantage because of Supers. If you can come up with no way to counter them with any sense of regularity then there is a good chance that you are a stupid player.
You're an even stupider player for having that mentality.

It's impossible to play aggressively whilst staying clear of supers because it relies on getting close, so by your logic all aggressive players are stupid, even if they consistently get a kdr of 3.0.

I suppose you think the smart ones are cowards like yourself, who don't have the skill to aggressively pursue targets, so you just go for cheap, easy kills.

This debate could go on forever but one positive I find with supers is the interesting mechanic of when playing with a full team of friends trying to chain your supers to create orbs to roll into more supers.
Its a fun little mechanic that adds an extra dimension to the game.

Even if he didn't go through there, the Warlock could've just as easily killed him in the open. As soon as Nova Bomb activates, the user gets super armour, and he's impossible to kill without a rocket launcher or help.

I don't know if your that great at the game, but little bit of advice from an average player such as myself. Don't try and kill people mid super, just work on dodging it.
Nova bomb doesn't even bother me anymore that I use blink because I just dodge where they have thrown it and then murder them.

That's how I know you aren't good. Warlocks can be killed in the motion of activating their super.

He would have killed the Warlock before he got his super off had he been back towards where the heavy drops.

EDIT: That was to seawind, not Mercurial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back