List Mgmt. The Core-Who stays and who goes;re-signings and departures

Remove this Banner Ad

I have heard the same again today. Agreed to terms with Collingwood, $700k per year.
If it plays out that way then its all about getting value in return, and perhaps even looking to get more games into Steele and Ahern rather then giving games to a guy that won't be at the club after this year but that said lets not rush to conclusions just yet.

Last edited:
If it plays out that way then its all about getting value in return, and perhaps even looking to get more games into Steele and Ahern rather then giving games to a guy that won't be at the club after this year but that said lets not rush to conclusions just yet.

You guys have done very well so far , and the names you have mentioned plus what you having coming in this year , its probably not so bad to age average your list a bit. The advantage you have is you have so many gun kids the one your losing enables you to replace them with more guns. And getting an extra high pick in will advantage you when the bid happen.... looks like both your kids are rated R1.

So if Treloar go's... worth? Pies R1 enough?

You guys have done very well so far , and the names you have mentioned plus what you having coming in this year , its probably not so bad to age average your list a bit. The advantage you have is you have so many gun kids the one your losing enables you to replace them with more guns. And getting an extra high pick in will advantage you when the bid happen.... looks like both your kids are rated R1.

Nope the pick wouldn't be pick 1 or 2 so would need to be significantly sweetened.

Unless he nominates the saints (or whomever finishes last) it doesn't matter..

Not coming on here to be a pest etc.. but as we have found out , as most other clubs have found out it does matter. For whatever the reason players usually get to the club they want to get to , at a discount to what the it would have taken if contracted. And in this day and age , does anyone get traded for P1? Has anyone been traded for just P1 . The last P1 that was involved was 2001 and that was multiple picks and multiple players.

Their R1 and maybe icing I think would be it , unless you drag more out of them than I think you can. If you can good luck to you.

Not coming on here to be a pest etc.. but as we have found out , as most other clubs have found out it does matter. For whatever the reason players usually get to the club they want to get to , at a discount to what the it would have taken if contracted. And in this day and age , does anyone get traded for P1? Has anyone been traded for just P1 . The last P1 that was involved was 2001 and that was multiple picks and multiple players.

Their R1 and maybe icing I think would be it , unless you drag more out of them than I think you can. If you can good luck to you.
I doubt Ads will want to screw the club though wanting to leave or not.

I doubt Ads will want to screw the club though wanting to leave or not.
Ads= Treloar?
Its often heard comment.. that the player love the club he is at, and if he leaves he will want to make sure he leaves on good terms and ensure good comp. It flies in the face of a player deciding to leave , and wanting to go to a strong destination club. IMO , once they decide to go , they want out and just want it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies will likely have a first rd pick between 12-14 so there would need to be a player added in to get a deal done or even some cap relief.

Pies will likely have a first rd pick between 12-14 so there would need to be a player added in to get a deal done or even some cap relief.

Try for Boyd deal again? Well never hurts to try. Been a long time since someone went to PSD so you have some leverage... but I suspect there is a Gentlemans type agreement to a degree if a player goes to the PSD nominating one club. Also , if he puts 1.0M on his head would others be able to take him for that...I suspect he would slip thru to them ...just like the Pies did with Ball.

What player are you thinking?

Try for Boyd deal again? Well never hurts to try. Been a long time since someone went to PSD so you have some leverage... but I suspect there is a Gentlemans type agreement to a degree if a player goes to the PSD nominating one club. Also , if he puts 1.0M on his head would others be able to take him for that...I suspect he would slip thru to them ...just like the Pies did with Ball.

What player are you thinking?

Think were too far out to know how things will actually play out especially given the changeable nature of Adam but in theory you would think if our back up rucks don't show enough this year could see us showing some interest in ex sydneysider Witts.

Think were too far out to know how things will actually play out especially given the changeable nature of Adam but in theory you would think if our back up rucks don't show enough this year could see us showing some interest in ex sydneysider Witts.

Mmm thats a hard trade to judge. Not sure it would be R1 and Witts.

Can't disagree with you on 2015 form brother.

He's been poor all year.

Perhaps that's why his form hasn't been as good as it was last year. Had other things on his mind. Still think he'll stay with you guys. As much as I'd love him to come to the Pies I like seeing young guys stick to their original club.

Cannot see what Collingwood could give up to get him. The Academy situation means it needs to be an early pick (at least top 5) or otherwise we lose it. Pies offer would be something like 1st rounder and Ben Reid which equates to bugger all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back