Workshop Template Feedback Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Cody, sorry for being a dick, but isn't that the same template as design as Scorch's template.
They both traced the ISC template. You'll find that Spanna did the same as well I think.

Cody, sorry for being a dick, but isn't that the same template as design as Scorch's template.
hey mate, basically what fizzler said. I was looking through comps to see if anyone else had traced the same image and I saw Spanna had and I starting cursing, but Spanna has changed his fair bit so if it is alright with him I'll proceed with the template.

For the record I traced this exact image:
7PA5AJS1A-FRONT.jpg

Hey guys... obviously you know my project, and I need some help.

After a couple of requests to try a rear view of the player, I thought I'd give it a crack and this is what I have come up with thus far... however, I'm really really battling with making boots that match the perspective of the front view. Can I have some help or advice please!? This is bugging the hell out of me!

*** PS: The collar and numbers are obviously still a work in progress at this stage.

Hey guys... obviously you know my project, and I need some help.

After a couple of requests to try a rear view of the player, I thought I'd give it a crack and this is what I have come up with thus far... however, I'm really really battling with making boots that match the perspective of the front view. Can I have some help or advice please!? This is bugging the hell out of me!

*** PS: The collar and numbers are obviously still a work in progress at this stage.
Use the shoes from this guy as a base, re-colour and add designs as necessary.
www.bomberblitz.com/mero/NFL-Player.ai
PS Can I also add I'd prefer the arms to meet at the shorts, not above it. It looks like he's shrugging his shoulders. If you were to put your hands on your hips, I would think they would find the top of your pants at the hip bone. The left arm especially looks a little too high.

PS Can I also add I'd prefer the arms to meet at the shorts, not above it. It looks like he's shrugging his shoulders. If you were to put your hands on your hips, I would think they would find the top of your pants at the hip bone. The left arm especially looks a little too high.
(Just reposting becuase I couldnt see the link until I hit reply.

Also, the arms are the wrong way around. The right one should be higher, based on his front figure.

Working on a template for CRCC. I traced ISC's rugby template and went from there. Besides the shape of the front socks, what else should I be focusing on?

upload_2015-7-1_14-55-31.png

Thanks mate... only problem is, I don't have Illustrator. Are you able to just screen print it, and upload the image on to here? Sorry to be a pain in the bum.

Yeah, I can understand what you're saying. I might get around to changing that eventually, it would just mean I would have to re-draw the whole arm and then all the hoops for hooped jumpers :-/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks mate... only problem is, I don't have Illustrator. Are you able to just screen print it, and upload the image on to here? Sorry to be a pain in the bum.

Yeah, I can understand what you're saying. I might get around to changing that eventually, it would just mean I would have to re-draw the whole arm and then all the hoops for hooped jumpers :-/
NFL-Player.gif

Stirltching perhaps? Especially in the shorts
Good point. I've got paths of where I want the stitching I just haven't applied them yet to the shorts.

The original size of the trace was 5x of what appears there, it's scaled down to 20%. The stitching might not be overly visible because I did a 3px stroke.

For those interested, here's BLK's rugby pdf from a few years back.
http://www.bomberblitz.com/mero/BLK-Rugby.pdf
Save it. Open it up in Illustrator.
Choose the jerseys (pages 5 - 7) and shorts (page 8)
Or go crazy and do your own Netball series from Page 10.
Also offers polos, T-shirts, singlets and tracksuits.

Pretty much finished my front-back template combo... I ended up keeping arms as they were originally positioned because it was going to be a nightmare to move them and then have to re-do all of the shading, sleeve hoops, etc. To the rear view I added hair, modern and retro collars, higher resolution numbers, GPS pouch, some background shade, and a banner overlay.

Boots on the back view were a nightmare and didn't look right no matter how much work I put into them, so the banner was a compromise.

... and one with hooped sleeves:

... and one that is a clash jumper:

I'm pretty much done now... not much more I can be bothered doing to this. I need a break. Haha

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back