Summer Transfer Window Rumours & Ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
van Persie has agreed terms with Fenerbahçe according to the Guardian/every reliable source in Istanbul.

If it goes through, Utd will have an extra 250k p/w to allocate.
Surely they can't afford to pay much for him and pay him 10M a year for 4 years?

There would not be a United fan who did not want Rafael to stay at the club. The lad is a very good RB but he has become injury prone. He was once a rash challenger who could attack down the RHS. He cleaned up his tackling while still providing United great drive inn the flank. Great talent IMO and one worth persevering with.

After years of being told Rafael is ******* amazing by countless United fans, this just brings a smile to me face

Why? We all still love him and he is absolutely our best RB, LVG just doesn't seem to rate him but he's a player who always improves us, I suspect he's just fallen out of favour due to his on field discipline issues. The only time he managed to put a full season together he was comfortably one of the best fullbacks in the league, if he can stay fit he'll be an amazing pick up.

Ramos admitting he isn't negotiating with anyone doesn't sound good for RM.

Seems like he either doesn't want to talk an extension or they haven't offered one.

There's no talks atm because he's on holiday and has 2 years left on his contract. Talks may resume in the next couple of weeks, obviously nothing forcing either party to rush talks.

Spurs have agreed a fee of about 11.5m pounds with Atletico Madrid for Toby Alderwiereld according to Di Marzio and other sources say that personal terms have been settled and he only needs to undergo a medical.

I have to say I'm still skeptical about this at the moment with some ITK from Spurs forums saying that it's not going to happen and others saying it will. Many Southampton journos have claimed that he's all but nailed on to end up there permanently as well.

Spurs have agreed a fee of about 11.5m pounds with Atletico Madrid for Toby Alderwiereld according to Di Marzio and other sources say that personal terms have been settled and he only needs to undergo a medical.

I have to say I'm still skeptical about this at the moment with some ITK from Spurs forums saying that it's not going to happen and others saying it will. Many Southampton journos have claimed that he's all but nailed on to end up there permanently as well.

Nice work Spurs. What you need is CBs :sarcarstic:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umm we actually do...

Well we actually just need to improve on what we've got.

It's one area I think you go alright in truth, defense. Dier should get more time next season for one.

When I say alright, I mean there's certain potential there.

Fabio is dump, but Rafael could be good for a lower ranked EPL club.

Fabio has become a great little player since we moved him up to Left Midfield. Tracks back and helps defend, and also has pace to get out wide and put in a cross.

Has changed since he left Man U, and sadly has been slowly phased out by Slade who doesn't really care for any players who show a little flair in their game.

It's one area I think you go alright in truth, defense. Dier should get more time next season for one.

When I say alright, I mean there's certain potential there.
We definitely need a good CDM. No question. It's just that if we assume that Kaboul and Chiriches are gone, well that leaves Vertonghen, Dier (who has potential), Fazio and the newly signed Wimmer (who is untried in this league).

So when I say we need CB's it's not necessarily increase the aggregate number but more improving the overall quality. Alderweireld is so so much better than the departing Kaboul and Chiriches. Lloris would have had under 10 league CS last season and we finished fifth. Definitely can improve in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back