Opinion Coach: James Hird

Essendon supporters only - Should James Hird be sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this set of KPI indicators from AFL website, as to what the responsibilities of a coach are.

1. On-Field Performance 30%
2. Improvement in Players/Team 20%
3. Leadership & Management 10%
4. Game Plan 10%
5. Relationship Management 10%
6. Culture 10%
7. Commercial & Brand Development 10%

http://www.aflcommunityclub.com.au/index.php?id=432

seems so weirdly skewed!

id have guessed game plan much higher, thats what they do!

you are hired on your vision of a game plan and fired on it... your game plan defines you as a club, your game style can make you an exciting club, an arcaiac club..a mess, its everything.

In 1994 O.J. Simpson hired the 'Dream Team' and they helped him get off his charge for murder.
In 1998 O.J. Simpson no longer had the 'Dream Team' surrounding him and he was found guilty of murder, and lost everything.

See how very similar it is to our situation?

Bizarre comparison but O.J. Simpson wasn't found guilty of murder in 1998, he was held liable for the wrongful death in a civil trial. Completely different laws, court system, and burden of proof required.

Kingy mounted a bit of a defence for Hird remaining, this morning on SEN. Problem is, it seemed to be based on his media performances pre-game, and how resilient he's been over the past few years. Surely the 'debate' has gone past that? Reminds me of the 'but the players love him' reason for keeping him on last year.
Needs to be assessed on coaching ability alone. Harford, for what it's worth, reckons he looks cooked - and I have to agree. He looks tired, lethargic and uninterested - which is exactly how the team looks/is playing.
It's all academic though - there's no way he'll walk, and no way the club will sack him.
A lot of leaders survive scandals, but not poor results. Would be amazing if Hird survived both. And would be a sad reflection on our club.

Found this set of KPI indicators from AFL website, as to what the responsibilities of a coach are.

1. On-Field Performance 30%
2. Improvement in Players/Team 20%
3. Leadership & Management 10%
4. Game Plan 10%
5. Relationship Management 10%
6. Culture 10%
7. Commercial & Brand Development 10%

http://www.aflcommunityclub.com.au/index.php?id=432
Right so with that

1. Abject failure at present
2. Ordinary, Zerrett and Heppell are guns but slim pickings for improvement in players outside that. Team's gone backwards.
3. Well...
4. Been discussed
5. Apparently pretty good
6. Non-existent
7. LOL

Kingy mounted a bit of a defence for Hird remaining, this morning on SEN. Problem is, it seemed to be based on his media performances pre-game, and how resilient he's been over the past few years. Surely the 'debate' has gone past that? Reminds me of the 'but the players love him' reason for keeping him on last year.
Needs to be assessed on coaching ability alone. Harford, for what it's worth, reckons he looks cooked - and I have to agree. He looks tired, lethargic and uninterested - which is exactly how the team looks/is playing.
It's all academic though - there's no way he'll walk, and no way the club will sack him.
A lot of leaders survive scandals, but not poor results. Would be amazing if Hird survived both. And would be a sad reflection on our club.

i made this exact post re Mick Malthouse exactly a week before he left.

Jade

Maybe you can dig up your thread on Hirds responsibility in the drugs saga? A few common traits appear in his week to week coaching which seems appropriate to these latest cracks at Hird

Which one was that?

Seriously, people- enough with the personal attacks.

I asked last night, and now I've had to delete more posts. If I have to a third time, and you all know I hate doing this, but cards may follow.

Ahhhh memories...... :D

In 1994 O.J. Simpson hired the 'Dream Team' and they helped him get off his charge for murder.
In 1998 O.J. Simpson no longer had the 'Dream Team' surrounding him and he was found guilty of murder, and lost everything.

You know a Google search would have saved you a whole bunch of blushes here....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bizarre comparison but O.J. Simpson wasn't found guilty of murder in 1998, he was held liable for the wrongful death in a civil trial. Completely different laws, court system, and burden of proof required.
Im not talking about the court case.

OJ (Hird) got his Dream Team (Thompson ect.) In and was found not guilty (won some games)
5 years later , OJ (Hird) no longer had his dream team (thompson ect.) And was effectivly found guilty (lost every game).
Its clear you need the dream team.

Im not talking about the court case.

OJ (Hird) got his Dream Team (Thompson ect.) In and was found not guilty (won some games)
5 years later , OJ (Hird) no longer had his dream team (thompson ect.) And was effectivly found guilty (lost every game).
Its clear you need the dream team.

No its clear you didn't know a fact easily available to all and sundry.

What fact would this be

That 'fact'.

He was found to be responsible for the deaths of Ronald Goldman and Nicole Brown. Dont know what else but he did the murder it could mean.

It means this:

"and he was found guilty of murder"

Is dumbarsery from a person that doesn't have the slightest clue what they are talking about.

It was interesting on FC last night Lloydy said Bomber and Goodwin are brilliant AFL tacticians.

Hird's obviously struggling without them, he looks like a lost soul in the coaches box, a coach who's had the life sucked out of him.

All he has is Neeld, the same man who tactic-esised his way to a 148 point loss to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back