Appeal ASADA v Dank (AFL) WADA V Players CAS(Nov), WADA v Dank? New evidence players tested TB4

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the way Hird's unwavering positivity and optimism is threatening to so many. Also that it frustrates so many here who hoped this saga would be the end of Essendon and Hird, that it hasn't turned out that way :D
Its denial, not positivity and optimism.

And Hird is * ed. Guaranteed. Essendon is not at the end but face years in the wilderness now.

Many here have lived in hope day after day this saga would be the end of Hird and Essendon. Their continued frustration is a great laugh for me and others while we await for the almost inevitable second not guilty verdict :D

Actually, the rhythm of the saga so far indicates guilty. It has always been about Essendon thinking they are clear, only to get whacked again. And again. And again.

But we shall see.

Anyway, the damage is done. You had a decent team in 2012 and with the right additions, via the draft and free agency - and with decent coaching - coulda been a contender.

Now you're shot and need a full rebuild and are the laughing stock of the comp.

Many here have lived in hope day after day this saga would be the end of Hird and Essendon. Their continued frustration is a great laugh for me and others while we await for the almost inevitable second not guilty verdict :D
You have a peculiar sense of humour if you can laugh about it. Your club is the laughing stock of the Australian sporting world and tarnished for a generation. You face years of languishing at the bottom of the table. And as for Hird, how big and brightly coloured does the writing on the wall have to be before you can see it?

You have a peculiar sense of humour if you can laugh about it. Your club is the laughing stock of the Australian sporting world and tarnished for a generation. You face years of languishing at the bottom of the table. And as for Hird, how big and brightly coloured does the writing on the wall have to be before you can see it?
It's been better than any Christmas!

Sadly for those hoping it would be the end of the club and Hird, it isn't and won't be.

The pain of this saga will be temporary in the life of a great football club - much to the dismay of many.

Nothing surer than we'll be back and adding to our already record number of premierships :thumbsu:

Sadly for those hoping it would be the end of the club and Hird, it isn't and won't be.

The pain of this saga will be temporary in the life of a great football club - much to the dismay of many.

Nothing surer than we'll be back and adding to our already record number of premierships :thumbsu:

No one wants Hird gone anymore, he is like a self inflicted punishment upon Essendon, currently the worse coach in the competition, costing your club a fortune not too mention the laughs he is delivering may his reign never end.

#standbyhird :thumbsu:

So you said. Again and again. Unfortunately repeating something over and over does not make it so, even if that has been your clubs strategy throughout this saga.

Bottom line is that CAS really doesnt matter any more. Essendon is on its knees and Hird is on his way with his reputation toxic. Of course the club will rise again but not for a long time and Hird is gone for good without any chance of redemption.

More accurately it will be yet another chapter in your long history of cheating.

So you said. Again and again. Unfortunately repeating something over and over does not make it so, even if that has been your clubs strategy throughout this saga.

Bottom line is that CAS really doesnt matter any more. Essendon is on its knees and Hird is on his way with his reputation toxic. Of course the club will rise again but not for a long time and Hird is gone for good without any chance of redemption.

Repeating something that is so, doesn't make it any less so.

The 'CAS doesn't matter any more' mantra is becoming an echo here and reeks of the growing pessimism for WADA's chances at CAS ;)

I disagree. If the players decide the case shouldn't be consolidated that's it. And why should they? It's a separate matter whatever you think about evidence that might come up.

Quite aside from the fact that everyone knows Dank isn't going to go through with his appeal. He didn't even defend himself in the actual trial, he doesn't even deserve the right to an appeal in my mind.

WADA haven't even presented the grounds they are going to appeal on. That's all we're asking for. Not the detail, not the strategy. Just the simple outline of what they are going to do, and the subsequent commitment to actually appealing.. If they can't do that after the longest extension allowable by the process then tough T**ty.

I am honestly surprised you are defending them on this. It's so obvious what they are doing it's amazing they are even trying.

For years now, both sides of the argument have claimed to be seeking the truth. The best holder of the truth is Stephen Dank. If Stephen Dank is able to produce records, as he has claimed now for years, that show EFC innocent of all charges, then of course it is sensible to hear his evidence before proceeding.

He has appealed, or at least said that he will. If that assists the attainment of the truth, then that's a good thing.

Repeating something that is so, doesn't make it any less so.

The 'CAS doesn't matter any more' mantra is becoming an echo here and reeks of the growing pessimism for WADA's chances at CAS ;)
I am not pessimistic, I honestly could not care less about whether it gets to CAS or not now. The consequences of the clubs actions in 2012 have provided a sufficient penalty in my eyes, and it is ongoing. Hirds death throes will continue to hurt the team and the club and the pending CAS date will likely mean the club has no chance of doing any trading during the off season. You will be able to pick the eyes out of a shallow draft but that is all.

I would like the truth of the injection regime to come out but it never will so thats that.

I am not pessimistic, I honestly could not care less about whether it gets to CAS or not now. The consequences of the clubs actions in 2012 have provided a sufficient penalty in my eyes, and it is ongoing. Hirds death throes will continue to hurt the team and the club and the pending CAS date will likely mean the club has no chance of doing any trading during the off season. You will be able to pick the eyes out of a shallow draft but that is all.

I would like the truth of the injection regime to come out but it never will so thats that.

Great clubs recover from even the biggest challenges - we've seen that time and time again - and we'll be back - much to the dismay of many.

Hird will be around too - much to the dismay of even more.

Once the ASADA begun, WADA finished farce is out of the way things at Essendon will return to normal pretty quickly - again, much to the dismay of many.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway, the damage is done. You had a decent team in 2012 and with the right additions, via the draft and free agency - and with decent coaching - coulda been a contender.

Were they decent or had they just found a way to gain an advantage over the rest of the comp?

Great clubs recover from even the biggest challenges - we've seen that time and time again - and we'll be back - much to the dismay of many.

Once the ASADA begun, WADA finished farce is out of the way things at Essendon will return to normal pretty quickly - again, much to the dismay of many.
Great clubs don't need to constantly cheat to attain success, Essendons record in this area is deplorable.

yawn2.jpg

Great clubs don't need to constantly cheat to attain success, Essendons record in this area is deplorable.

Yarda, yarda. We are one of the greatest clubs in the competition whether you like it or not - and we'll be back to greatness once all this is done with and that won't be that much longer now :thumbsu:

Essendon are one of the greatest clubs in the competition and we'll have great days again. Much to the dismay of those who hoped this saga would be the end of us. Enjoy it while we are down. But there's nothing surer than we'll be back.
I love this post Dan. I really get a picture of you on your feet with an Elgar soundtrack - land of hope and glory for preference - only standing on a desk like those guys in Dead Poets Society :)

Tradition! Mother England! Cricket!

Yarda, yarda. We are one of the greatest clubs in the competition whether you like it or not - and we'll be back to greatness once all this is done with and that won't be that much longer now :thumbsu:
I don't care really I support a greater club, but no matter how you look at it your clubs history is littered with attempts to cheat going back to the early 1900's.

No one really wants Essendon gone we just want the chance to play against your club on a level playing field, no drugs, no salary cap cheating etc etc.

I don't care really I support a greater club, but no matter how you look at it your clubs history is littered with attempts to cheat going back to the early 1900's.

No one really wants Essendon gone we just want the chance to play against your club on a level playing field, no drugs, no salary cap cheating etc etc.
Tanking is okay though - so long as Bombers aim to do it on Saturday

Were they decent or had they just found a way to gain an advantage over the rest of the comp?

Before that. Knights left Hird (Thompson really) a very decent list.

rinse....repeat....rinse....repeat...

I love this post Dan. I really get a picture of you on your feet with an Elgar soundtrack - land of hope and glory for preference - only standing on a desk like those guys in Dead Poets Society :)

Tradition! Mother England! Cricket!

This is the best bit of the whole thing.

For a long time Essendon have sold and the rest of the comp bought this bullshit image of them being serious and sober and one of the "blue chip" clubs.

We at North have always known they are dirty, lying, cheating scum, as trustworthy as a harness racing trainer with a coke debt to pay.

Now the rest of the league sees their true nature.

Actually, in the AFL you rank alongside North with two flags. One of which was salary cap cheated for.

You actually rank alongside Port.

A once big and important club in a defunct comp that has seriously struggled to adjust to the new reality, only taking the chocolates once.

Now you're an international laughing stock and your great hero is disintegrating before our eyes.

This is the best bit of the whole thing.

For a long time Essendon have sold and the rest of the comp bought this bullshit image of them being serious and sober and one of the "blue chip" clubs.

We at North have always known they are dirty, lying, cheating scum, as trustworthy as a harness racing trainer with a coke debt to pay.

Now the rest of the league sees their true nature.
True, I've never given a thought to it before.

What does get up my nose a bit (and most supporters don't do this, note) is the harping on about money. My club is a powerhouse so ha ha we can pay out any fines etc.

How is this a source of pride? Makes me think of a dick of a kid in primary school that thought that crapping on about his daddy driving a Beemer invested him with special properties (and friends).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back