Opinion Why Adam Goodes is booed and other anthropological discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem is....they are just targeting goodes...
Which tells me its a personal not racial....but in saying this there are always idiots..which maje up a very small minority..

I dint hear any boos towards Jetta....if there were you may have some substance to your claims...
As others have stated, most people are booing Goodes because everyone else is.

The source of the boos is racist people.

Would you join in on a protest march for Reclaim Australia just because everyone else was marching and it looked like fun?

Booing Goodes is the same thing. You might not be racist but you are adding your support to people who are. Are you comfortable with that?

In my opinion, he gets targeted for his increasingly strong stance on indigenous issues. His sniping wasn't an issue 5 years ago so all of the sudden he has become the greatest sniper. If people boo him for being a sniper, then why isn't Jordan Lewis receiving the same treatment for his sniping hit on Goldstein earlier in the season? Like I have said, if he was being booed for a dog act on the ground then by all means throw tomatoes at him. But before he even gets the first touch to be booed? Sorry, but I don't see the reasoning. Boomer Harvey must feel pretty privileged for being the little sniper he is and get away with it for most of his career.

I think it all stems from a select few in the media who don't like to see him stick up for his own culture. And it seems to resonate with a fair few in the crowd who act upon it.

Also don't use the the likes of Buddy as an example because beside the half tan, they don't even seem to have any connection with the indigenous people and their issues for that matter.

Would you join in on a protest march for Reclaim Australia just because everyone else was marching and it looked like fun?

Booing Goodes is the same thing. You might not be racist but you are adding your support to people who are. Are you comfortable with that?
You have no idea who the source of the people are and their motivation for booing...you are just assuming...

If this said source of people were starting the boos due to racism surely jetta would have copped it too...

In my opinion, he gets targeted for his increasingly strong stance on indigenous issues. His sniping wasn't an issue 5 years ago so all of the sudden he has become the greatest sniper. If people boo him for being a sniper, then why isn't Jordan Lewis receiving the same treatment for his sniping hit on Goldstein earlier in the season? Like I have said, if he was being booed for a dog act on the ground then by all means throw tomatoes at him. But before he even gets the first touch to be booed? Sorry, but I don't see the reasoning. Boomer Harvey must feel pretty privileged for being the little sniper he is and get away with it for most of his career.

I think it all stems from a select few in the media who don't like to see him stick up for his own culture. And it seems to resonate with a fair few in the crowd who act upon it.

Also don't use the the likes of Buddy as an example because beside the half tan, they don't even seem to have any connection with the indigenous people and their issues for that matter.

My guess is because Jordan Lewis gets repeatedly suspended, and Adam Goodes gets repeatedly let off.

No I don't. I'm genuinely intrigued as to why he's been targeted because I don't believe that it is a simple case of 'racism'.

This is what I think. This is why all the people who are booing over faux outrage at things they don't really care about need to stop. All they are doing is supporting hatred and crushing a man's soul for no reason.

No I don't. I'm genuinely intrigued as to why he's been targeted because I don't believe that it is a simple case of 'racism'.

Edit: Ok, thinking this through further, Hawks fans booed Goodes in GF and then again in round 8, which seems to have sparked a competition wide contempt for him. Is there a history with the Hawks that I'm missing?
I may be wrong here but I'm fairly certain the booing started before the round eight match, for sure that was when the media jumped on it in any case there is an article if you type into google when did Adam goodes start getting booed that is written right after the hawks match.

You have no idea who the source of the people are and their motivation for booing...you are just assuming...

If this said source of people were starting the boos due to racism surely jetta would have copped it too...
Nah I'm right though hey.

Keep booing if you like, but you're lending your support to racists.

I boo him because he's a flog, dirty and all round bad guy.

CK6YF27UEAAjDt2.jpg:large

http://youtu.be/kGOidQOizuE
http://youtu.be/t69iP8Xucmc
http://youtu.be/dGHmcKeqVw4
http://youtu.be/Cyw_NZjF3f4
http://youtu.be/KyD_0gN1kC0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the obsession with trying to equate Reclaim Australia with the Goodes booing in this thread? I know you lefties have them as your hot topic at the moment but there's no social equivalence to be had besides making a straw man to use to yell racist at anyone that disagrees with your narrow world view. Have you got it into your heads yet that most people here are arguing that it's not racist aren't actually booers themselves but not happy with the entire AFL fanbase been labelled racist? The fact that you believe you are all self-righteous and above the rest of us seems to have caused you to miss the fact that the AFL believes you too, are racist?

Your comments that only some racism is racism are quite astounding for such a SJW though. Your white man guilt seems to have completely flipped your lid.

Why does race even have to be bought up? As plenty of people have said before he gets booed because he is a dirty little campaigner not because he is indigenous. He gets booed because everyone has lost their respect for him.

What is the obsession with trying to equate Reclaim Australia with the Goodes booing in this thread? I know you lefties have them as your hot topic at the moment but there's no social equivalence to be had besides making a straw man to use to yell racist at anyone that disagrees with your narrow world view. Have you got it into your heads yet that most people here are arguing that it's not racist aren't actually booers themselves but not happy with the entire AFL fanbase been labelled racist? The fact that you believe you are all self-righteous and above the rest of us seems to have caused you to miss the fact that the AFL believes you too, are racist?

Your comments that only some racism is racism are quite astounding for such a SJW though. Your white man guilt seems to have completely flipped your lid.
Because all the Goodes booing stemmed from his activism. He's been a sniper his entire career, he's been getting booed since he started to stand up against racism.

I'm not sure why I'm telling you this, you're a card carrying racist.

Nah I'm right though hey.

Keep booing if you like, but you're lending your support to racists.
See, this is why I hate vegetarians. Hitler was a vegetarian, so there's no way I'm giving up meat and risk being associated with the Nazi's. Well that and it tastes too good, but everything has to have just the one reason.

Yeah, let's ask these people why they're booing Goodes. I'm sure we'll get a straight and honest answer because, you know, historically these people have always been so brave and forthcoming. They've never felt the need to hide and espouse their views and hatred from the safety of the mob. Never. Not at all.

Whether the booing started out being racially motivated or not is immaterial. Racist people and potentially racist groups are now hitching their wagon to this "cause". Why provide them a sea in which to swim? If not careful we could face a similar scourge to that which engulfed European football in the 1980's. That of The National Front and other violent, organised racist groups infiltrating and attaching themselves to various club "firms" to push their agenda and recruit. The political backdrop here and now is frighteningly similar.

Some slightly older folk here may remember Mark Walters' debut for Rangers in the Old Firm Derby in 1988, where Celtic fans, dressed in ape suits, hurled bananas onto the pitch and chanted racist songs at the player. Yeah, we're not there yet but keep giving this s**t a sea in which to swim and maybe one day.....

Last edited:
Yeah, let's ask these people why they're boong Goodes. I'm sure we'll get a straight and honest answer because, you know, historically these people have always been so brave and forthcoming. They've never felt the need to hide and espouse their views and hatred from the safety of the mob. Never. Not at all.

Whether the booing started out being racially motivated or not is immaterial. Racist people and potentially racist groups are now hitching their wagon to this "cause". Why provide them a sea in which to swim? If not careful we could face a similar scourge to that which engulfed European football in the 1980's. That of The National Front and other violent, organised racist groups infiltrating and attaching themselves to various club "firms" to push their agenda and recruit. The political backdrop here and now is frighteningly similar.

Some slightly older folk here may remember Mark Walters' debut for Rangers in the Old Firm Derby in 1988, where Celtic fans, dressed in ape suits, hurled bananas onto the pitch and chanted racist songs at the player. Yeah, we're not there yet but keep giving this s**t a sea in which to swim and maybe one day.....

Wow, that's one unfortunate spelling mistake :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back