Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone listened to Farmikos? I ended up buying their album after listening to Eddie Trunk keep mentioning them. Joe Holmes a former Ozzy guitarist is behind it, Rob Trujillo recorded bass for the album and the singer sounds like Chris Cornell. Got it a while back, couple of good songs.

Not my type of thing however the musicianship is top rate. Joe Holmes first class. Bit too grungy for me (what I have heard anyway) but that's just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just flicked onto Ch11 to watch the original Friday the 13th only to find out it's the frickin re-make. Goddam it, I need some campy 80s horror.

I looked for it today. Will def get.

Haven't listened to the entire thing through yet but doesn't seem like Allen is hitting as many highs. Not sure if that's intentional and he's trying to be more aggressive or if his vocals are aging. Still so far so good though. Pretty standard what you expect from them. V is still where it is at for me.

Needed to block out the cricket commentary tonight:
van halen's 1&2, fair warning
shout at the devil
kill em all
Sabbath bloody sabbath
Screaming for vengeance
Virgin killer
Symbolic
Billion dollar babies.
That should do it!

Heard two new Motorhead songs and dunno...something not really grabbing me about this material. Has a real feel of being one of those filler type albums that Motorhead put out every 3-4 albums or so...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

30 seconds of new Maiden song on youtube (link is on Blabbermouth). Impossible to make any sort of 'judgement' of course but at least its not the typical Steve Harris mid-tempo meandering stuff that has dominated the past few albums.

Last edited:
Haven't listened to the entire thing through yet but doesn't seem like Allen is hitting as many highs. Not sure if that's intentional and he's trying to be more aggressive or if his vocals are aging. Still so far so good though. Pretty standard what you expect from them. V is still where it is at for me.

He has been spreading himself pretty thin of late - Adrenalin Mob, Level 10, Allen-Lande in late 2014 and now this.

Black Breath " Sentenced to Life". Not bad. Growing a little tired of the retrospective Stockholm sounding bands to be honest when the originators did it just fine.

All the man did was growl his way through Iconoclast. Underworld is a return to the sound of Paradise Lost and earlier. A plus is my books.

Sentenced to Life is pretty great. Heavy and catchy, and that guitar tone. Absolute chainsaw.

Yeah guitar tone + overall sound is good but you know I already have Entombed's "Wolverine Blues" and "To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth" and they are both better. Still, I am enjoying the album - don't get me wrong. Sounds awesome on a good system.

Last edited:

Good win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back