2nds UWS GIANTS - NEAFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Patton 12 goals in 2 weeks

Bring him back
He is probably not ready for the running required at Subi this week. If he goes alright in the magoos this week, bring him in at home next week. He'll get a rousing cheer from his home supporters:)

Silly amount of talent in our reserves. I think they would actually push the Brisbane Seniors at the moment.

Silly amount of talent in our reserves. I think they would actually push the Brisbane Seniors at the moment.

Any one of the reserves' KPFs would be better than what the Lions are trotting out. :(

Any one of the reserves' KPFs would be better than what the Lions are trotting out. :(

... and indulge me for being a little off topic, but do you think the Lions would be interested/trying to to get someone like Stewart? He has massive upside, cost way less than Dixon, is in a big queue behind Cameron, Patton, Tomlinson, McCarthy and Lobb. I really like him and like the Lions so think he would be a good fit, I just see this as an area where we have a glut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

... and indulge me for being a little off topic, but do you think the Lions would be interested/trying to to get someone like Stewart? He has massive upside, cost way less than Dixon, is in a big queue behind Cameron, Patton, Tomlinson, McCarthy and Lobb. I really like him and like the Lions so think he would be a good fit, I just see this as an area where we have a glut.

I think the Lions would or at least should be delighted to pick up Stewart. He's shown more in the seniors than Freeman or Close, albeit in part due to a) actually being injury free, and b) not having the best defender on him each week.

The latter would be the main worry (well, that and his goal kicking, but the Lions have a pretty good history of fixing that) as he'd be up against the main defender every week instead of the second or even third tall.

I think he's a bit further up the queue than you do - I'd definitely have him above Lobb (I feel that Lobb is getting picked at the moment because ruck 2 is needed to be played more in the absence of Mumford), and would put Tomlinson in a completely different queue, but the return of Patton may well force Stewart to look at other options. He's definitely too good to play in the reserves.

GWS-sb-AFLM.jpg

State league affiliate: UWS Giants (NEAFL)
This weekend: UWS Giants v Eastlake - Saturday August 1, 12pm, Robertson Oval

Another strong performance from Jon Patton has the potential to push the key forward ahead of teammate Cam McCarthy in the race to earn senior selection after the Giants' 92-point win against Eastlake.

The Giants had plenty of scoring options in their big win, with Patton (three) and Dylan Addison (four) among the multiple goalkickers.

But McCarthy went goalless after being dropped by the Giants one week ago.

"Cam struggled to have an impact on the game, but he stuck to his guns and his team things were good," coach Brett Hand told AFL.com.au.

"The ball just didn't bounce his way and you have those days. He kept trying and he got rewarded with some touches."

Patton has now played four matches in his return from a knee reconstruction, with his past three games excellent.

The Giants' best player was in-form ruckman Andrew Phillips, Hand said, with Jacob Townsend (two goals) a strong contributor.

Addison's four goals were "good reward for some consistent form over the last few weeks".

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-02...ng-for-your-club-in-this-weekends-second-tier

Only got here at half time so can only comment on the third quarter...

Half this team is wasted in this competition. We need to be playing VFL or a national reserves competition because the standard is just so low, and we're beating up on teams and not learning anything. Mistakes are only sometimes punished, for the rest of it (missing an open man on the wing, instead, kicking it to a two on one in the corridor) it goes unpunished because we're just that much better than the competition.

Some good stuff from Pickett, Marchbank, Hampton and Ahearn. Steele keeps on keeping on. Tomlinson a bit of a shocker including missing one from inside the goal square.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back