No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On reflection it was cool, and if I wasn't so hung over at the time, I probably could've put my fan-girl pants on and asked for a group selfie or something. In all seriousness, I'd challenge anyone to casually act natural in that situation and not feel slightly awkward.

I can happily say g'day to one or two players if I see them out and about, but a lift full of AFC's including Tex, Danger, JJ, Betts & Jetts, Sauce... yeah nah, I'll be trying not to embarrass myself by rudely breathing in too much of the oxygen in the area.

Boy do they get harrassed at airports though. Took them about 10x longer to get in and get sorted.

I once stood behind Tex, Dangerfield and Lynch in a line at a coffee shop in Melbourne. I really wanted to say something cool, then I realized they're all a solid 3-4 years younger than me and I suddenly felt really weird about it. I said nothing and avoided eye contact.

I once stood behind Tex, Dangerfield and Lynch in a line at a coffee shop in Melbourne. I really wanted to say something cool, then I realized they're all a solid 3-4 years younger than me and I suddenly felt really weird about it. I said nothing and avoided eye contact.
I ran into Tredrea at a team building day at Alberton once. He was in the weights room, I booed him and quickly ran off feeling like a hero

On reflection it was cool, and if I wasn't so hung over at the time, I probably could've put my fan-girl pants on and asked for a group selfie or something. In all seriousness, I'd challenge anyone to casually act natural in that situation and not feel slightly awkward.

I can happily say g'day to one or two players if I see them out and about, but a lift full of AFC's including Tex, Danger, JJ, Betts & Jetts, Sauce... yeah nah, I'll be trying not to embarrass myself by rudely breathing in too much of the oxygen in the area.

Boy do they get harrassed at airports though. Took them about 10x longer to get in and get sorted.

Where are they going, on a Tuesday??

Ran into Josh Jenkins here in Melbourne on Chapel street the day after the Carlton win. Got seated next to him having lunch. Bloke can down a parma in like 2 minutes.

Ended up having a short conversation with him about the game the day before and let him know he played a blinder and was the difference to why we won.

My misus then decided to take a photo of his mashed patato.. she's a crazy cat.

I nearly ran over Rob Chapman as he crossed King William Street this morning.

Ran into Josh Jenkins here in Melbourne on Chapel street the day after the Carlton win. Got seated next to him having lunch. Bloke can down a parma in like 2 minutes.

Ended up having a short conversation with him about the game the day before and let him know he played a blinder and was the difference to why we won.

is that some sort of euphemism?

Been there.

Is mashed potato code for penis?

*Parmi

IMHO Danger is going to reserves games and doing all the 'extra' things which is making people think he's staying, but really it's because he's trying to protect his legacy and to make it easier to walk out on the club. There are no more excuses left for why he hasn't signed. He's gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think he's staying based purely on all his recent social media (changing his pic from fishing to him in a Crows top). He's either staying or trolling the supporters, and I don't think he would be the sort of guy to troll supporters that he know would be looking for any small sign.

You should have berated him into staying ben Kingsley sexy beast style.

Shared an elevator with Danger and a dozen other players at the airport. Just me and all them.

Walking up and stepping in, I boldly decided to get an answer from him then and there, right in front of his peers. "Enough's enough, you're killing us over here" I would say. It was my moment to make a line in the sand for frustrated supporters everywhere.

Then I stood right next to him and quickly decided it was best not get on the bad side of a guy as physically intimidating as P.Dangerfield, in a lift full of his physically intimidating mates. Was intimidating.

All that come out was a head nod and a "morning lads".

I blew it, sorry guys.

You should have made the big entrance and said :

You're probably wondering why I gathered you all here today !!!!!

I have had to explain in both the UK and the US how to make a lemon lime and bitters and I kept making the mistake of saying lemonade and then confusing the poor bartender when I corrected myself. Done the capsicum thing in the US as well and was laughed at but my American friend for the silly name we call peppers.

Also I have learned on this trip that the further north you get in Europe they really, really don't like their soft drinks to be cold at all. Almost room temperature is their preference :p Some people are really weird.

Edit: About to go to sleep after a long day braving the hoards of people who want to take selfies of themselves in front of works of art instead of actually looking at the works of art. :rolleyes: Did laugh at a lot of idiots in front of the Mona Lisa and then I took photos of them taking photos. Does that make me as bad as them? Third time I've seen the old girl though. She's holding up pretty well and still kinda smiling.
I would very much like some good news when I wake up (but I kinda doubt that it will happen)
Well lucky to get close to the old girl . I gave up after trying over shoulders and realised a lot better art and displays rather than get sandwiched there .
So though I would break away from sauce talk.
You would have to think not signed next 2 - 3 weeks that not going to happen .
Just hope able to scrape a decent trade for rather than bl---y AFL compensation.

IMHO Danger is going to reserves games and doing all the 'extra' things which is making people think he's staying, but really it's because he's trying to protect his legacy and to make it easier to walk out on the club. There are no more excuses left for why he hasn't signed. He's gone.

By my own extrapolation, do you also then believe the 7 other RFA's that haven't signed yet with their clubs are moving on too?

Those being Leuenberger, S.Selwood, Bellchambers, Garland, Gilbert, Dempster & Kreuzer.

(I think first 2 yes, last 4 no, and Belly maybe)

I still think he's staying based purely on all his recent social media (changing his pic from fishing to him in a Crows top). He's either staying or trolling the supporters, and I don't think he would be the sort of guy to troll supporters that he know would be looking for any small sign.

He might be doing all this in the hope that when he leaves we won't go all Tippett on him.

By my own extrapolation, do you also then believe the 7 other RFA's that haven't signed yet with their clubs are moving on too?

Those being Leuenberger, S.Selwood, Bellchambers, Garland, Gilbert, Dempster & Kreuzer.

I think its highly likely that all of those guys will be on the move at seasons end Kreuzer is the interesting one i wonder whether Carlton will look to let him leave and take the compo pick

Where are they going, on a Tuesday??
I'm assuming it was Monday?
It was before the Sydney game.

The story of what was said by who and who to got slightly embellished as my weekend celebrating a 10-year premiership reunion went on.

I think by Sunday the story goes I grabbed Danger in a headlock and we laughed like old mates about it through the terminal.

I use to have one on one regular meetings with a 300-game legend of our club. The meetings were to talk about his kid, but every now and then I would throw in some cool, footy banter. It became apparent very quickly that what I thought was cool, he thought was so-so. Still, was pretty surreal having serious convos with a guy who only 5 years earlier I'd lose my sh!t over with the inspiring things he did on the field for our club.

Shared an elevator with Danger and a dozen other players at the airport. Just me and all them.

Walking up and stepping in, I boldly decided to get an answer from him then and there, right in front of his peers. "Enough's enough, you're killing us over here" I would say. It was my moment to make a line in the sand for frustrated supporters everywhere.

Then I stood right next to him and quickly decided it was best not get on the bad side of a guy as physically intimidating as P.Dangerfield, in a lift full of his physically intimidating mates. Was intimidating.

All that come out was a head nod and a "morning lads".

I blew it, sorry guys.
You're sacked!

time for a Blightesqe sweep out.. Danger, Thommo, VB, Hendo gone
Anyone as good as Jarman to bring in, because we need one of those. We've been needing a a bit of clean out for a long time but with the number of teams the top end talent is getting harder to rope in.

Last edited:

Leuenueuenueneueberger and Selwood are gone. Bellchambers, Garland, Gilbert and Kreuzer will stay. Dempster may retire, otherwise he'll probably stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back