Certified Legendary Thread Future of James Aish, for a limited time only! (trolling opposition supporters automatic day off)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok ....here's another theory/ baseless speculation:

The Lions have had a decent contract/offer on the table for ages but are not prepared to go any higher based on Aish's output in his 2 years at the club.

"This is what we're offering. We think it's a fair deal but if you think you can do better, feel free to explore other opportunities"

Aish is inclined to sign but is advised by Pickanose to sit and see if something better comes along.

Aish tells Pickanose that the terms of a rival offer have got to be significantly better than what the Lions are offering because (contrary to popular belief), he's actually quite happy in Brisbane and doesn't want to screw over the club that's drafted him . irrespective of monetary compensation, he wants the Lions to get a fair deal

Pickanose comes to him with various scenarios, none of which (to date) sit comfortably with young James.

I know there's a lot of ill-will and even outright hatred of the apparent reluctance of Aish to recommit to the club but he appeals to me as a genuine and thoughtful sort of a bloke, so I for one think we should all take a big chill pill and let it play out as it will. He's 19 years old and I get the impression that he may well be feeling conflicted between a lot of choices that are being thrown at him.

The dragging out of his decision plays a lot better for us than if he had done a "Henderson" and gone early with his disaffection with his current employee.

The Lions have had a decent contract/offer on the table for ages but are not prepared to go any higher based on Aish's output in his 2 years at the club.

"This is what we're offering. We think it's a fair deal but if you think you can do better, feel free to explore other opportunities".

Why wouldn't Pickering be advising James Aish to test the market, before making a final decision on whether to re-sign with the Lions or not? If I were a player manager that's exactly what I would be advising my client to do.

I think you guys are letting yourselves in for disappointment. It's round 22 and he hasn't re-signed. The balance of probabilities is really against us on this one.

If he did re-sign I won't be to disappointed in that fact but more so that we are paying him 400k+... paying for POTENTIAL is always a risky move.

Couldn't agree more.

Which is why I think we've probably drawn a monetary line in the sand with Aish.

Ball firmly in his court.

I think you guys are letting yourselves in for disappointment. It's round 22 and he hasn't re-signed. The balance of probabilities is really against us on this one.

Existing contracts do not expire until October 31st.

Some key dates for the 2015 season around club list requirements, AFL Trade Period and the AFL Draft Process that would involve Aish.

Monday 12 October 10am - AFL Trade Period Commences

Thursday 22 October 2pm – AFL Trade Period Closes

Friday 23 October 5pm - Application to Relist a Player Close

Friday 30 October 2pm - List Lodgement (1) ; Rookie Promotion to Primary List; Retained 2nd & 3rd Year Rookies; International Scholarship Player; Alternate Talent Player Nominations; Club Notification of Rookie Players Not Accepting a Contract of Offer; Nomination of Draft Eligible Father/Son Players Lodged; TPP Pre-Season Estimates (1).

Saturday 31 October - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Commences

Monday 9 November 5pm - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Closes

Monday 9 November 2pm - Out of Contract Listed AFL Primary List Players Draft Nomination Form and Player Request for Removal from List Form Lodged with AFL

Tuesday 10 November 2pm - List Lodgement (2); TPP Pre-Season Estimates (2)

Wednesday 11 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Commences

Tuesday 17 November 2pm - Delisted Primary List Draft Nomination Form Lodgement; Non–Retained Rookie Players Draft Nomination Form Lodgement; Players Not Registered or Played for Three years Rookie List Form lodgement; New or Expired (after 3 years) Draft Nomination Form Lodgement.

Friday 20 November 5pm - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Closes

Tuesday 24 November - AFL Draft Selection Meeting (Adelaide Convention Centre) including Father/Son & Academy Players Bidding.

Wednesday 25 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) Commences

Thursday 26 November 2pm - AFL Delisted Free Agency Period (3) Concludes; AFL Club List Lodgement (3).

Friday 27 November 11am - NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft Selection Meeting (Telstra Webex)

Tuesday 1 December 2pm - Final AFL Club List Lodgement; Final TPP Pre-Season Estimates

Last edited:
Why wouldn't Pickering be advising James Aish to test the market, before making a final decision on whether to re-sign with the Lions or not? If I were a player manager that's exactly what I would be advising my client to do.

My point exactly.

The fact that it's still all up in the air can only mean that his decision to stay or go is not as clear cut as most think. (including the self-appointed media gurus)

And who else hasn't resigned? That rocky radio interview on sen said zorko hasn't resigned, it's round 22 is he out the door?

And who else hasn't resigned? That rocky radio interview on sen said zorko hasn't resigned, it's round 22 is he out the door?

He hasn't re-signed for 2017 onwards - he's already in contract for next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Existing contracts do not expire until October 31st.

No, but how often do players stall on a contract offer for 18 months then sign? Probably not as often as they resist a contract offer for 18 months then leave I'd say.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I don't like our chances.

Yeah... but even the Lions aren't confident of keeping Aish. Clubs rarely get these things wrong.

But by some reports are still trying to persuade Aish to re-sign. Moreover the Lions reportedly still believe they are in with a chance - the probability of that chance varies depending on who one talks too.

Dustin Martin went through something similar last time before recommitting to Richmond. We just have to let this play out. Club has dealt with this really well IMO, keeping it in media early so expectations are tempered. If he stays, that'll be an even bigger win.

Hopes really need to be tempered here that he'll stay. It would be beyond a miracle if he stays from this position. Much greater chance Leuey stays than Aish - he couldn't be much more gone than he is right now. Just hope everyone's aware of that and expectations are in check.

Defs expecting him to go. Would feel like a win for the club if they talked him into staying from this position.

Massive win. To talk him back from the current situation would be bigger than if we'd talked any of the GH5 into staying back in 2013. He's that far out the door it would be a miraculous effort and an incredible show of faith in the club if he reversed his decision from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back