Steven Motlop dropped

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks what a bunch of dibber dobbers.

"I was due to come off anyway," Mitchell said, when asked if he had suffered any effects from the hit.
"It was just a glancing blow. I didn't need any medical treatment or anything, so I'm sure he will be fine."

Hawks what a bunch of dibber dobbers.

"I was due to come off anyway," Mitchell said, when asked if he had suffered any effects from the hit.
"It was just a glancing blow. I didn't need any medical treatment or anything, so I'm sure he will be fine."

Dobber culture. Bunch of bloody boy scouts.

How were Hawthorn to know Geelong didn't know about this already?

This whole thing astounds me. The Hawks picked up on some ammo they could use during the game, and they did. This happens all the time. I'm not keen on sledging myself, but usually this sort of thing stays ON the field, not brought up by sooking club captains after a loss.

What really amazes me is the only person who has done the wrong thing here is Motlop. The Hawks have done nothing wrong, and yet for some unknown reason, they are getting the blame for it? Seriously, the world has gone mad.

Warning to all clubs playing Geelong. Be careful what you might say on the field this year or it could be splashed all over the media.

LOL @ the bleeding Geelong fan who bumped this thread :D

Good one!!!

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope he does.

Very undisciplined was Motlop writing himself off just days out from a big game he was playing in.

Really poor.
And how undisciplined was it for hodge to just write himself off for a final. Oh wait he plays for hawthorn so he was just learning a valuable lesson whilst risking people's lives. He is a good bloke is Hodgey always trying to learn lessons.

Something is clearly not right at Geelong at the present time. This comes after Christensen left due to a "toxic environment", Smedts & Simpson's driving incidents, Hartman's hit & run then going home indefinitely.

The Cats from what I can tell have dropped Motlop for just one game. Perhaps a stronger punishment was needed but at least it's something.

Perhaps a stronger punishment was needed but at least it's something..... Oh wait hang on a minute

Cats players heard several key Hawks taunting Motlop during the contest and are understood to have raised the issue after the game, disappointed that he would be drinking just days out from the season opener.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-09/motlop-stood-down

I guess it's different when it's your captain breaking the law and its before the finals .

.068 is not good but hardly the end of the world either

this is a matter for the legal process and the club
Spoken like someone who hasn't lost a family member to drink driving. If you have I unreservedly apologise, but the limit is in place for a reason, there are very observable ways in which a 0.068 BAC can impact your driving ability and that can well and truly be the end of the world for some families.

Cats players heard several key Hawks taunting Motlop during the contest and are understood to have raised the issue after the game, disappointed that he would be drinking just days out from the season opener.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-09/motlop-stood-down

I guess it's different when it's your captain breaking the law and its before the finals .

Not sure you can compare the two incidents, outside of alcohol being related.

Motlop, drinking a few days before playing, without club knowledge/approval. Against team rules. Players only found out due to hawthorns sledging

Hodge, had permission from the club to have a few beers, not playing this week. Obviously the dui will see him penalised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back