FTA-TV The Footy Show - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

footy show jumped the shark years ago, it used to be unmissable tv with eddie breaking stories etc but with the media saturation now its no longer the "go to" for AFL stories. also back when it started it was unscripted and off the cuff, and the players (douggie, dunstall etc) added to the show, whilst now the whole thing it scripted to the letter, and the player give nothing not even sure why they still have them.

Agree, its clearly now just scripted, there are weeks when the panel just doesn't seem to exist, and they rely on old material over and over.

I think the other problem is that the likes of Garry and JB are just mouthpieces for the AFL, so they never really get stuck into really footy subjects, sure they have never been like on the couch but there was a time when they would at least touch on footy stories in some detail, now its just re-runs of old jokes.

It works better when JB and Billy are absent.

Is it really KISS, or a send up?
It's them, but only Simmons and Paul Stanley are the original members, although Eric Singer has played drums with them on and off for many years. I also gather it's Tommy Thayer playing guitar, who's also been with them on and off for several years.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone have the Player Revue where they did Chocolate Salty Balls as I want to see it after seeing it in a montage. Sadly this years will mostly be remembered for Justin Madden looking incredibly awkward during it.

Anyone have the Player Revue where they did Chocolate Salty Balls as I want to see it after seeing it in a montage. Sadly this years will mostly be remembered for Justin Madden looking incredibly awkward during it.
Worst in years, did they bother to get anyone who could actually dance? Bring back David Rodan

They're footballers not dancers. I've always enjoyed watching the ones that can't dance and are making a fool of themselves rather than David Rodan. If I wanted to see good dancing I'd watch one of them dumb dance shows.

They're footballers not dancers. I've always enjoyed watching the ones that can't dance and are making a fool of themselves rather than David Rodan. If I wanted to see good dancing I'd watch one of them dumb dance shows.

exactly, to me that was always the point of the revue. Show them having a crack and something they are no good at and have a laugh. then it was always interesting to see those who could dance (but don't need them on every year).

But its changed last few years, now they have 70% proper dancers hiding the footballers. Good eye candy but kind og defeats the purpose.

exactly, to me that was always the point of the revue. Show them having a crack and something they are no good at and have a laugh. then it was always interesting to see those who could dance (but don't need them on every year).

But its changed last few years, now they have 70% proper dancers hiding the footballers. Good eye candy but kind og defeats the purpose.

great posts both of you. agree on all counts. these days with social media and players needing to grow their own brand, it's never been so important to excel or seen to excel in things. dancing in this case.

it used to be a laugh, but players are taking it seriously.

Will The Footy Show be back this year? I know it seems like a silly question, but each year Sam gets older, and lets be honest there wouldn't be a Footy Show without him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back