AFL Canberra Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

It's hard only having seen that snippet - but does this mean that unless Harman ponies up a second side they are out as well because they won't have the 'match day experience' of two teams at the one ground? What if UC or Ainslie can only field one side next year - are they s**t-canned as well?

Ainslie and UC would play in a separate "North Canberra" grade in that case, where they would alternate between Ainslie and Kippax (or more likely Reid and Jammo) in a "best of 17" type season.

I think I understand what the league is trying to do with this "match day experience" stuff, but the lack of support for one team clubs is pretty poor.

View attachment 181315

Batemans Bay have pulled out by the looks of the email. Not sure where Tuggers are at. Can't see a regional grade this year, I could see Coota going else where for better competition. Goulburn has a meeting on the 12th so my guess would be they will discuss what possible options we have as a club, I can't see us merging home games with Yass would be great for either club.

Southcab - We nominated for regional as far as I am aware.
Coota back to the Farrer league ?

Don't you need 3 grades to play out there?
Probably get away with 1st and reserves , less travel and be able to recruit from wagga easily spesh ex locals playing around wagga, though possibly the reason they left farrer league as they couldn't field 2 senior teams

View attachment 181315

Batemans Bay have pulled out by the looks of the email. Not sure where Tuggers are at. Can't see a regional grade this year, I could see Coota going else where for better competition. Goulburn has a meeting on the 12th so my guess would be they will discuss what possible options we have as a club, I can't see us merging home games with Yass would be great for either club.

Southcab - We nominated for regional as far as I am aware.
What makes you think the bay have pulled out. They have just signed a new coach ?

Probably get away with 1st and reserves , less travel and be able to recruit from wagga easily spesh ex locals playing around wagga, though possibly the reason they left farrer league as they couldn't field 2 senior teams
If Coota had 2 teams I would assume they would just go into the 3rd and 4ths...

If Coota had 2 teams I would assume they would just go into the 3rd and 4ths...
I think coota are in the same boat as yass cooma and coota. Easy to get extra numbers early but if players dont get a game for a while they drift off. I think coota are still a long way off getting 2 teams same as yass

My uncle went to the Chris Judd book signing last night (didn't even remind me it was on) and then to the Kingston Pub for dinner afterwards. Would be a pretty pointless story except that Judd, Keith Miller, David Ellard and someone else he thinks might have been Brent Staker were all having dinner together. Might not be anything, but Eastlake do have some extra money to throw around this year.

Very quite on here lately. Surely there is some goss to keep us all entertained over the off season.

In other news the Gungahlin Jets are kicking off preseason on the Thursday the 5th of November at Amaroo playing fields starting at 6pm.
All are welcome, new and old players. The Jets are still looking for new recruits so if you are new to Canberra, sick of travelling to play footy or simply want an opportunity that you're not getting at your current club PM me or come down to training.

Coota going up a division next year guys??

Hard to imagine there will be a regional grade for 2016, so they might have to? Coota likely would have been at the pointy end of div 4 this year anyway. Guess it will depend on what the league wants to do with their matchday experience etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had our AGM Sunday night and things are looking good for a return to div 3. With 3 guys departing, will look to recruit some key position types. No luck with a coach yet but speaking with a few guys in the area. Hoping to get some pre season runs in before chrissy:)

Had our AGM Sunday night and things are looking good for a return to div 3. With 3 guys departing, will look to recruit some key position types. No luck with a coach yet but speaking with a few guys in the area. Hoping to get some pre season runs in before chrissy:)

Well done guys. Have been strong in 4s/5s for a few years, be interested to see how it goes.

Is the league ok with a standalone team playing in the 3s? Makes one wonder about the structure last year.

Teams starting pre season already ! Wow. We are only just going on our footy trip this weekend..

So im hearing that all the single clubs like Cooma ,Goulburn , Coota, and Yass will be playing Division three next year anyone else heard this ??

So im hearing that all the single clubs like Cooma ,Goulburn , Coota, and Yass will be playing Division three next year anyone else heard this ??

I've heard Coota are the only regional side going to div 3, rest will be in div 4.

9 teams in div 3, 12 in div 4 I think it was, though that seems like too many teams now I think of it.

I'd think about coaching if the $$$ was right
Hahaha travel to Goulburn and I'm sure the club will give you what Rusty got last year. A book of schooner tickets and a coupla free meals after home games. Get to coach a great bunch of blokes which is the sealer.

So the latest correspondence from the league received shows that they want 10 teams in Div 3 and 11 in div 4.Coota so far is the only single team club in div3 Yass have been asked to also go up .This I think is most unlikely .So if the league cant get another 1 of the single team clubs to go up to div 3 they are again threatening to place the country teams back into a regional comp. Lets hope this doesn't happen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back