Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any actual news/realistic (non Boyd related) rumours today? Trying to update the other thread, but not keen to read through God knows how many pages of hrovat and Boyd discussion.

Any actual news/realistic (non Boyd related) rumours today? Trying to update the other thread, but not keen to read through God knows how many pages of hrovat and Boyd discussion.

Nope nothing at all.

I was just thinking of making up a John Butcher rumour, but just found out he's been given a one year contract :cry::cry::cry:

On what i have seen of him, my opinion is that he is not worth a pick 11. Does that spell it out enough?
Not suggesting we don't chase him but he ain't worth pick 11.
28vt5wk.gif

Despite the name, he's ironically a small defender.
I've heard on good authority that he's grown 4 inches since the last time anybody saw him. My mate knows his best friend, who says he looks really tall now.

Had a listen to trade radio for a period today.
Why is it these teams of entitlement always overrate their players and their fans conjur up idiotic trade scenarios that will never occur.?
Carlton fan thought Tom Bell could prise a top ten pick from Brisbane .
Please, enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Latest "rumour" from our board, doubt you guys will like it, but want to get your thoughts.

Tom Boyd & your 2016 first for our 2016 first

You get to dump Boyd's contract on us and get a top 4 pick in a strong draft.

We get boyd and stay in the 2016 draft with your first (14-18).

We obviously would win that trade, but with the success of your mobile forward line, and emergence of talent, is Boyd's large contract expendable, to add different pieces and retain current talent?

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest "rumour" from our board, doubt you guys will like it, but want to get your thoughts.

Tom Boyd & your 2016 first for our 2016 first

You get to dump Boyd's contract on us and get a top 4 pick in a strong draft.

We get boyd and stay in the 2016 draft with your first (14-18).

We obviously would win that trade, but with the success of your mobile forward line, and emergence of talent, is Boyd's large contract expendable, to add different pieces and retain current talent?

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds fair to me. We never would have put Boyd on that kind of money if we knew he wasn't going to kick 100 goals in his second year. Hindsight...
While we are at it, could we interest you in Bontempelli for a swap of next years third rounders?

Please leave and never come back you clown.

Knocks on Hrovat I've read here:
  • No star quality or special tricks
  • Too slow
  • 8th in line in midfield (or worse)
  • Always injured
  • Too short
We can be quick to condemn players on BF.

A year or so ago there were quite a few people saying Wallis was a bust (too slow, no tricks or star quality) and that Wood should go (always injured, ineffective). Fast forward to October 2015 and both are among our best players, one of them an AA and club B&F. They were given time, opportunity and allowed to play to their strengths.

I'm not saying Hrovat has the same talents or elite prospects that those two have but I don't think he's yet been given a decent opportunity to prove himself. He DOES have what the other two have in a strong work ethic, ambition and a strong team orientation. Those characteristics can take players a long way (look at Libba senior as possibly the best example in the club's history ... and he was really undersized!)

As for being 8th or 9th in line in the midfield, that's probably true on his exposed form in 2015 but it might easily change in 12 months, just as it did for Wallis and Stevens in 2015, for example. Also we lost Libba, Clay Smith, Stevens to LTIs and at times we lost other players, so suddenly you need your 7th-9th ranked midfielders to step up.

If the club decides to trade him, so be it - we have greater needs elsewhere and I understand the rationale for using a handy card in your long suit (midfielders) to obtain greater needs (rucks, KPDs). However I don't want to see him traded for too small a return. I'm not even sure I see enough benefit in trading him to upgrade from pick 11 to pick 5 to be honest, as the draft seems to be fairly even after the first 3-4 picks.

And whether we do decide to keep him or not I'll be following his progress in 2016 with some interest. I reckon he could still be a 100+ gamer, if not for us then for someone else.

All I'm worried about now is who are we going to get to replace Talia? Our KPD stocks are thin as it is and we are now losing a fairly promising one with 4 years of development in the system. Carlisle would have done the trick but that ship has sailed (may never have stopped in by some accounts), we may draft one or even two but we need someone with experience to hold down a position if needed. Nobody reportedly available apart from Henderson who seems set on Geelong, anything from left field out there?

Probably won't happen as that's overs. I'd take it begrudgingly if the kid was happy to move.
I like him a lot though and can see a few with egg on their face (not that they'd admit it) if he was given a good run at it in his preferred position.
Maybe they will have egg on their face if he comes good, but what we get for him may allow us to pursue a player that fills a need for us, if thats the case, i believe the trade would then be referred to as win/win which is the ideal result for all trades imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back