Goulburn Valley FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wont happen Briggsy doing a great job and P NEWMAN has just been appointed Kyabram Coach......
I think that will be great for ky going forward. Will have the players respect for sure. Any idea ringo who will assist him? Sheldon staying on to help?

Its a done deal!!!!
Coaching job hasn't been advertised yet, but yes I know where you are coming from, who would be stupid enough to not appoint Paul Newman as Kyabram coach? Could nearly say Newman to coach ky has been destined to happen since tongala didn't make the big dance. Very early still but any early ladder predictions?

Coaching job hasn't been advertised yet, but yes I know where you are coming from, who would be stupid enough to not appoint Paul Newman as Kyabram coach? Could nearly say Newman to coach ky has been destined to happen since tongala didn't make the big dance. Very early still but any early ladder predictions?
A bit hard to predict ladder predictions yet , lots of clubs very actively recruiting Seymour dont need many to top them of Rochy in a great position Shepp very active Tat set to announce 6 or 8 quality signings , will be another great year of footy next year I'm sure .

I've heard you say this before Ringo, how do you quantify it? Results show otherwise.

The results haven't been great but I think he is on the right track ..will need to lift the club higher next year. Just want to say how disappointing the supposed insulting and low grade behavior by certain players in the Benalla camp are. Being humble in victory is part of the expectation of properly celebrating a premiership..it comes with the territory. It shows disdain and disrespect of the highest levels and I believe there are excuses from those involved stating phones were hacked.....what happens to you in life is your responsibility and reflects poorly upon those involved...disgraceful IMO! I long for days in the past when the winning team graciously visited the losing team for a beer and chat......

The results haven't been great but I think he is on the right track ..will need to lift the club higher next year. Just want to say how disappointing the supposed insulting and low grade behavior by certain players in the Benalla camp are. Being humble in victory is part of the expectation of properly celebrating a premiership..it comes with the territory. It shows disdain and disrespect of the highest levels and I believe there are excuses from those involved stating phones were hacked.....what happens to you in life is your responsibility and reflects poorly upon those involved...disgraceful IMO! I long for days in the past when the winning team graciously visited the losing team for a beer and chat......

Ringo, sorry about the hour but just got home from a very late arvo shift, I'm with you on your post. It only diminishes what they achieved as a playing group. Lots of average things being said about the club and the town which aren't quite right. Personally I'm not a great fan of them as a club but to be accusing ppl of being drug users and manufacturers/sellers is ordinary at best.
The drug accusations open up a totally different can of worms. ANY club that is naïve enough to say that they don't have a drug problem within their club has their head up their arse. It's an issue plaguing society at every level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree totally with you Ringo. The social media rants from the Benalla players only reinforces the view that many GV followers have of the club in general. A clear opportunity here for Benalla to show some integrity and come out on their club face book page and apologise on behalf of THEIR players for the disgusting comments made to those Ky players.
They won a GF in great style and tarnish the performance by showing complete contempt for the opposition. Says a lot for the club culture.
Just to add... the behaviour of the Benalla morons in the shade cover in the forward pocket. The language and comments made to the Ky girls walking past in club jumpers after the game was an example of "pack mentality" at its worst. Wish the police had of been nearby at the time. How "proud" would these guys have been had their mothers heard their language?
Would confidently say that none of these imbeciles would have an IQ larger than their shoe size.
Note that a number of posts have been removed from yesterday, BIG Brother is watching!

Agree totally with you Ringo. The social media rants from the Benalla players only reinforces the view that many GV followers have of the club in general. A clear opportunity here for Benalla to show some integrity and come out on their club face book page and apologise on behalf of THEIR players for the disgusting comments made to those Ky players.
They won a GF in great style and tarnish the performance by showing complete contempt for the opposition. Says a lot for the club culture.
Just to add... the behaviour of the Benalla morons in the shade cover in the forward pocket. The language and comments made to the Ky girls walking past in club jumpers after the game was an example of "pack mentality" at its worst. Wish the police had of been nearby at the time. How "proud" would these guys have been had their mothers heard their language?
Would confidently say that none of these imbeciles would have an IQ larger than their shoe size.
Note that a number of posts have been removed from yesterday, BIG Brother is watching!

Guys ease up on the Benalla bashing. Not condoning the stupid comments made on social media, but fair go. We can go tit for tat what was said on the side lines by Ky supporters, including one mug who was yelling out "$1000 to anyone who kills Benalla player .......". Really, poor displays are not just representitve of one side. Disappointing to hear of some of the behaviour. It will be dealt with.

Last edited:
Guys ease up on the Benalla bashing. Not condoning the stupid comments made on social media, but fair go. We can go tit for tat what was said on the side lines by Ky supporters, including one mug who was yelling out "$1000 to anyone who kills Benalla player .......". Really, poor displays are not just representitve of one side. Disappointing to hear of some of the behaviour. It will be dealt with.

No bashing..just reality! When you put something on social media..then you need to expect some backlash..it was and is disgusting!

I think passing off the SERIES of facebook posts as 'stupid comments' works to diminish what is a despicable character assassination of Kyabram players who have been outstanding football people over many years. The excuse that my account was hacked ... at least three times is equally pathetic and simply doesn't wash.

While I do not care to comment on some of the other accusations being thrown at Benalla footy club and its supporters, to say the entire thing is 'tit for tat' is naive. Benalla footy club are at risk of becoming the football pariah's of the GVFL unless they are seen by the league and its clubs to be taking serious action on the misuse of social media and its consequences .

Last edited:
Interesting to see Brodie filo (League BnF in bendigo) will be at shepp United next year! From my view United the top talent to match anyone in the league barring Benalla but it was their depth tht killed them! They fell away very very quickly after that first crop of 10 good players

Silver Tongue, please read my post again before you post glib comments calling me naive! If you read what I said , the comment 'tit for tat' referred to the banter on the side lines which you can attribute to both sides.

How poor are things going when supporters have to get online and defend the club after what should be one of the best times Benalla FC have had over the last 40 years.
I know they are young but what a massive mistake. I can hear the truck reversing beeper but don't see anyone backing up. Hopefully a few calls have been made to rectify the situation.

There was nothing insincere or glib about my sentiments freak. Do a straw poll at the next league delegates meeting.

Anyway, Filo should be an excellent pick up for Shepp United. Another four and they will be competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back