Goulburn Valley FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Rochy has just announced their seconds coach ( Nick Hayes ) . He will be a playing coach with some help from the bench.
Is it pretty late to be filling coaching spots.
They announced coach, captain and vice on the day.

My question is do clubs in the GV see the seconds as a stepping stone or path way to the seniors or do they see it as a place for their extra 5/6 seniors to get a run and keep match fit. Some seconds side have a hug turn over of players each yr but quite often are made up of your local life blood of the club. ????

I see Rochy has just announced their seconds coach ( Nick Hayes ) . He will be a playing coach with some help from the bench.

My question is do clubs in the GV see the seconds as a stepping stone or path way to the seniors or do they see it as a place for their extra 5/6 seniors to get a run and keep match fit. Some seconds side have a hug turn over of players each yr but quite often are made up of your local life blood of the club. ????

Would be very surprised if reserves football is still around in a few years time...which is a real worry as they are the life and soul of the place.

what happens is what ever club wins the gv 2nds flag or has a strong side, lower leagues like kdfl, pfdl etc target these players for a bit of cash and a go in the ones, which gv clubs cant match payments for fringe players. sad as alot of kids should try and play the highest level they can

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From left field so happy to get howled down but looking forward would this be do able ....

Major League's play Seniors and say under 19s, still have squads that train thru the week but then those fringe players, seniors returning from layoffs alig themselves with a neighbouring minor league club?

I still believe 2's footy is 2's footy wherever you go, as even in recent times some of your clubs battle to field consistent two's teams, why not offer these guys 2pm footy against grown men and in time their development could maybe be fast tracked. Of course us "scrubbers" will target your fringe players, lot of hours and commitment for potentially 2-4 games a year so why not offer them a few bob and more 2 o'clock footy

From left field so happy to get howled down but looking forward would this be do able ....

Major League's play Seniors and say under 19s, still have squads that train thru the week but then those fringe players, seniors returning from layoffs alig themselves with a neighbouring minor league club?

I still believe 2's footy is 2's footy wherever you go, as even in recent times some of your clubs battle to field consistent two's teams, why not offer these guys 2pm footy against grown men and in time their development could maybe be fast tracked. Of course us "scrubbers" will target your fringe players, lot of hours and commitment for potentially 2-4 games a year so why not offer them a few bob and more 2 o'clock footy

Common sense Doona!

But Billy can play and agree he should go well at local level. Plays on ball and will get plenty of it. Bit slow these days but is a rugged type player, rather than physical at the man..

Bloody hell fellas it sounds like the Sherminator has bought reinforcements!
This bloke sounds Stephen Ash-like in size but it sounds a tad more nastiness towards opposition bodies.

Bloody hell fellas it sounds like the Sherminator has bought reinforcements!
This bloke sounds Stephen Ash-like in size but it sounds a tad more nastiness towards opposition bodies.

For all the Sherman bashing is he building a side that could be the biggest threat to Benalla?

Billy killed it in 2013 but fell out with the coach in 2014....dont play for Vic without talent!

Ringo, Sorry if it didn't come across right as I'm not disputing Billys talent. I have watched 2-3 games per year of Port over the last 4-5 years, and I'm sure his the one with the long straight hair.
Will be a good pick up for sure but not sure his that intimidating (He not no10 who the itimidating one) but does get the hard ball and has courage. Great get for KY if it's true...,
Anyway just wanted to clear that up!!

Interested to see how Shermo goes recruiting players or have KY got a recruiting manager who does this stuff! who else have they pick up boys.,

Over & out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back