Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Red wings, Tigers, Patriots
MRATxsc.jpg

Ubisoft has officially announced Far Cry Primal, a new entry in the first-person shooter series that takes players to the "savage Stone Age." It will be released worldwide on February 23, 2016 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, followed by a PC release in March.

Described as a "full-fledged single-player experience," Far Cry Primal is set in 10,000 BC, at a time when "massive beasts like the woolly mammoth and sabertooth tiger ruled the Earth." As Takkar, a hunter and last surviving member of his hunting group, players arrive in an area called Oros with the singular goal of survival.

"They will meet a cast of memorable characters who will help them push back and tame the dangers of the wild," Ubisoft explains. "Players will journey as the first human to tame the wilderness and rise above extinction.

"Along the way, they will have to craft weapons and tools partly from the bones of slain beasts, hunt for food, master fire, fend off fierce predators and face off agains other tribes to conquer Oros."

Coming out a lot sooner than I'd expected! Not even going to have an E3 showing this time, which has been their best showings in the past.

Not 100% convinced on it, for one the world looks REALLY similar to 4.

Gameplay looks similar to the drugged out parts in 4, which doesn't exactly fill me with much confidence either as I don't really know how they're going to have a great variety of weaponry. There's only so many different types of spears, arrows and bows you can use right?

The only other thing I could potentially see them doing is maybe trying to tie in the Ubi universe and offering a bit of an Assassin's Creed modernisation aspect to the game. Which would allow for some things outside the time period.

I'll keep an eye on it, but I'm not instantly wanting to dive in just yet.

I wanted dinosaurs. :( Damn poll getting my hopes up.

Looks interesting though. It'll be difficult to make the combat engaging but keen to see how they manage it. Will watch closely.

Horizon will have robo-dino's but wont be out till late next year.

Would be instant buy if it was Blood Dragon 2 with dinos. but this looks like it might be a pass for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty meh, Last one was ok, expect this one will be ok. They'll * up the pc port no doubt

FWIW I was hoping they'd go for the South American drug jungles, luckily the new Ghost Recon answered my prayers :D

Have been a massive fan of Far Cry since I got the first one on PC. Definitely looking forward to this one! Have been playing Far Cry 4 through using just throwing knives and a bow so the lack of guns appeals to me! Hope they have some form of fast transport in this though (not the fast travel). Maybe riding a mammoth around?

What weapons besides a hatchet, spear and bow?

Massive Far Cry fan but yeah this was my first thought too, will be interesting to see how they get around this. Can't imagine they'd release a Far Cry game where you literally have 3 weapons all game.

Will probably still get it if reviews are around the mark, agree though with those saying it just looks like an expansion on the druggy parts of FC4.

Sounds like a lot of fun, love the stone age concept though I'm a bit hesitant that it'll allow for a prolonged game play. There's only so much you can realistically do with the minimal tools available to use and literally zero technology that has been a feature of previous editions - outposts, bell towers, etc - be interested to see if they're involved and if so, how. Hope you can ride the mammoth much like you can elephants in 4.