Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys & Gals .....remember with academy bids this year where a second round may be required for the points ....it may result in our 2nd round picks being advanced 3-4 spots ....i.e 28 becomes 24
It won't change the players available though.

Danger is the prize however the others have really struggled this year

S Selwood is really struggling, not in Eagles best 22

Henderson has had one really good year in 7 season, this years form was awful

Zac Smith probably not in the best 10-12 ruckman in the comp
I think you are underselling it a fair bit. Selwood has had injury issues but he is best 22 for a lot of teams out there.

Henderson is a great fit for the role they see him playing and fits very nicely in that team.

Smith is a very good ruckman cut down by injuries. He will be great for them if he stays fit. Best ruckman they had since Ottens and Mumford days. You would have said the same thing about Jacobs when we got him from Carlton.

They identified the players brilliantly and all 4 are in their best 22 easily. The trick is to identify assets that are not getting a chance and/or are undervalued at their current team but improve your team significantly. We did a similar thing with Hampton. Geelong is just doing it at a much greater scale.

Guys & Gals .....remember with academy bids this year where a second round may be required for the points ....it may result in our 2nd round picks being advanced 3-4 spots ....i.e 28 becomes 24
Only if the 2nd rounder they burn is before ours in the draft order. GWS have a 2nd round pick ahead of us. Sydney are after us, so their 2nd round pick disappearing has no impact on us whatsoever - we'll be finished with our "live" selections before that pick anyway.

I think you are underselling it a fair bit. Selwood has had injury issues but he is best 22 for a lot of teams out there.

Henderson is a great fit for the role they see him playing and fits very nicely in that team.

Smith is a very good ruckman cut down by injuries. He will be great for them if he stays fit. Best ruckman they had since Ottens and Mumford days. You would have said the same thing about Jacobs when we got him from Carlton.

They identified the players brilliantly and all 4 are in their best 22 easily. The trick is to identify assets that are not getting a chance and/or are undervalued at their current team but improve your team significantly. We did a similar thing with Hampton. Geelong is just doing it at a much greater scale.
For mine it depends where they intend to play Henderson. Also, Selwood won't make their midfield of Duncan, Guthrie, Jelwood, Motlop, Dangerfield and Caddy.

Only if the 2nd rounder they burn is before ours in the draft order. GWS have a 2nd round pick ahead of us. Sydney are after us, so their 2nd round pick disappearing has no impact on us whatsoever - we'll be finished with our "live" selections before that pick anyway.
Brisbane & GWS b4 us .....how many academy players do each want .....ok so maybe advance 2 spots

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think so

Yes Selwood has injuries this year however IMO if he stayed at the Eagles would have struggled for opportunities to push into the Eagles midfield that will get stronger again through this trade period

Zac Smith, another player with injury concerns and another player who choses to change clubs opposed to winning back the number 1 ruck role.... To me this is always a test of character

Henderson, ill be honest i have never rated..... I think he is solid and will play a role however nowhere near the asking price

Yes Geelong are bringing in some names however I am far from convinced on this trio

Look i understand the romanticism of getting potentially two top 10 picks and secure some excellent talent ......but they're 3 years away from producing anything like top shelf footy

How about the fact we finished 6th this year ...have lost Dangerfield ...and instead of recruiting for now, we look like recruiting for the future .....when does now become now!

Contrast Geelong .....they've recruited last two years juniors & now have gone readymade players .....and may i say, not depth players

If we don't pickup at least one other ready-made good player + Hampton in this trade period, we'll fall back out of the 8 and bugger me Geelong will overtake us .....and that combined with Dangerfield will give me the irits.:mad:

I can see it .....why aren't the the recruiters seeing it .....add a Treloar, or Parker + Hampton and Anderson & we are in contention

Go on our current path and again we're in middleland where mediocrity thrives :(

That is my daily rant :)
They are having a crack behind closed doors trust me, only problem is convincing players to come, that is the main problem at the moment for whatever reason

Brisbane & GWS b4 us .....how many academy players do each want .....ok so maybe advance 2 spots
Forget about this as doesn't change the talent pool, if mills is bidded for at pick 3 he's rated the 3rd best player and we still get the 9th rated player by the league at pick 9

There is no moving up, the only people moving up are the swans in this scenario

Talk of 3rd rounder and Matt Wright for Hampton.

START THE CAR !!!!
We don't have a 3rd rounder (this year).

I know Wright draws some flak here, but that's a good deal for the Giants. Underrates Wright.

Talk of 3rd rounder and Matt Wright for Hampton.

START THE CAR !!!!
Good work GWS. They've been after Matty Wright for years...
nxxg6DN.gif

No evidence thus far to support your theory

WW

Honestly common sense says that the club would plan for both scenarios:

1. A fit Brad Crouch
2. A injured Brad Crouch

With this in mind the club would have full Intel on Brad's type of injury, the risks and given his recovery to date the likelihood in getting a good season out of Brad after a long spell in rehab.

To think that the club would.blindly pencil 22 games out of Brad next year without contingency planning that just would not happen.

Do you think the Demons are putting all their planning around Jack Trengrove next year, simple answer is no....

Wright is s**t. lol
175cm, no pace no elite skills, no nothing.
The main reason he made it into the AFL system was through hard work and a Rookie list contract, good on him.
But he's not up to the level to be honest, neither is VB or MacKay.
He played 16 games this year predominantly in the forward line and came up with the meagre tally of 6 goals 4 Behinds for the year.

Ummm..yeah sorry Wright, you are the weakest link...GOODBYE!

How would you feel about these trades:

Kerridge and 28 for 20
32 for Hampton
2016 2nd for Anderson and Hawthorn's 3rd this year

I'm not that keen on getting Michael Talia, I think I would prefer Hartley, and we could use hawthorn's 3rd to get him.

This would mean the changes so far to the senior list would be:
In: Hampton, Anderson, Gore, O'Brien and Kelley, with picks 9, 13, 20 and 57? to use on Hartley or Talia.
Out: Podsiadly, Reilly, Martin, Siggins, Kerridge, and dangerfield.

So that makes 9 in and only 6 out, I would delist Wright, and Shaw and re-draft Shaw as a rookie. But that still leaves us with one too many, possibly trade Lyons or Grigg for a future pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back