Multiplat Fallout 4

Remove this Banner Ad

I personally don't rate charisma. Keep all the items that increase your charisma, so when you need to influence someone just chuck those items on.

In Charisma, at least spend points so you can get the local leader perk, so you don't have to grind to get it when you get obsessed with building settlements.
First point is entirely valid re using stat buff items to help you out in speech checks.

But re the second part, you need 6 charisma to get local leader. That means even if you don't rate it, you need to spend some points in it on your initial build. 6 is actually a lot of points to put into an initial stat so it definitely is something to consider. Anyone dropping only say, 2 points into charisma with their first build is going to have a bad time burning precious perk points to get the required 6 charisma. That's exactly what i had to do and it sorta annoyed me that i couldn't use those points on better perks.

I personally would not build a character with less than 5 Charisma, 4 is doable, but i'd probably up that straight away when i got the You're Special book

(re that brahj , look under your sons cot when you first get back to your old home after the vault. Its gold)

If you want supply lines for your settlements (and you sorta need that if you are going to do any sort of building without frustration), you need 6 charisma. I wouldn't skimp

Also, if you get caught out wearing your std armour and get a speech check option (yellow, orange or red text), look away from the person you are talking to, pop on your charisma duds (suits, fedoras etc), and then look back at the person and continue the situation. You will now greatly increase your chances of a successful speech check.

"Hmm, that's pretty low for a dangerous job...how about some more caps"

"ok...hows 100 caps sound"

"not enough"

"200?"

"ok that'll do"

Me in every mission convo

Preston Garvey is an absolute tosser. Hancock is gay for pantskyle. Cait is a junkie whore. The residents of Abernathy farm are 'in' on a kidnapping syndicate. Floors floating in mid-air without supports will still hold multiple 100lb + machine gun turrets. Captain Ironfists is boss. Good luck ;)

At least he took a chance at love in a wasteland where he is viewed as a second class citizen.

Alright, after weeks of Reddit suggesting I play this game I've caved and gone and bought it.

At approximately 5:10pm I'll be getting into this, so what I want to know from all you legends of the Wasteland is s**t you wish you knew before starting your game...
Firstly decide what type of character you want to play.

Do you primarily want to use guns or melee? Do you primarily want to be stealthy or a tank? Do you want to use drugs to enhance your combat regularly?

All options work but having a bit of an idea can help you tailor your character when building it and selecting perks.

Luck is pretty handy for all classes with better criticals, mysterous stranger and idiot savant perk. Scrounger is pretty handy to find extra ammo - good source of income selling surplus.
Agility is great for VATS points in combat and stealth, ninja, mr sandman, blitz perks - gunslinger perk fantastic if you want to be a pistol wielding mofo.
Strength is important if you want to be a tank and will mean you do extra damage if you like punching/hitting things - not sure on the best strength perks for melee yet.
Charisma is handy if you want to build a lot of settlements as you will need to get it to 6 to get the local leader perk.
Perception gives you bonuses for targeting enemies in VATS - recommended perks lockpicking, awareness, rifleman great for using rifles and shotguns.
Intelligence - get enough for basic hacking and perhaps scrapper perk if you want to do a lot of weapon/armour mods/building. Gun nut is handy if you want to mod guns - science if you want to mod energy weapons.
Endurance important if you are going to be a tank or rely on chemical enhancements.

But mostly just have fun!

Firstly decide what type of character you want to play.

Scrounger is pretty handy to find extra ammo - good source of income selling surplus.
QUOTE]

TIP: Collect as much pre-war money as you can, weighs 0, pop a grape (berry?) mentat and watch the caps roll-in when trading. Was shocked when i first did this, pre-war money instead of being worth 1 cap, was then 6 caps per, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :)

Yep prewar money is easy caps.

Another tip for trading is grow a good size crop and harvest it all before trading it all in. Mutfruit have the best caps to weight ratio here.

The mentat trick works here too. You'll quickly start using up all the traders available caps, but then just start trading good stuff from them, like ammo, rare guns/armour, fusion cores etc.

Best thing about farming is it is exponential. You start with maybe 6 plants, use the fruit from them to grow another 6, then another 12, then another 24.

Abernathy farm is great for growing. Keep in mind they need to be assigned to a settler to bear fruit. I keep abernathy as a strict farm. Walled off, unmanned turrets, no shops or guard posts to burn settlers. Just grow grow grow

Abernathy farm is great for growing. Keep in mind they need to be assigned to a settler to bear fruit. I keep abernathy as a strict farm. Walled off, unmanned turrets, no shops or guard posts to burn settlers. Just grow grow grow
The orchard is also good for that type of settlement.

First point is entirely valid re using stat buff items to help you out in speech checks.

But re the second part, you need 6 charisma to get local leader. That means even if you don't rate it, you need to spend some points in it on your initial build. 6 is actually a lot of points to put into an initial stat so it definitely is something to consider. Anyone dropping only say, 2 points into charisma with their first build is going to have a bad time burning precious perk points to get the required 6 charisma. That's exactly what i had to do and it sorta annoyed me that i couldn't use those points on better perks.

I personally would not build a character with less than 5 Charisma, 4 is doable, but i'd probably up that straight away when i got the You're Special book

(re that brahj , look under your sons cot when you first get back to your old home after the vault. Its gold)

If you want supply lines for your settlements (and you sorta need that if you are going to do any sort of building without frustration), you need 6 charisma. I wouldn't skimp
Yeah, fair point.

I started off with 2 Charisma, and I wasn't entirely enthused by building settlements at first, so it didn't bother me.

But, by around level 30, I made a choice to start grinding and leveling, and putting points into settlement building and making money, so I did end up putting 4 points into charisma, plus 2 into local leader..

Floors floating in mid-air without supports will still hold multiple 100lb + machine gun turrets.

Haha, yep. That reminds me.

PresentHighDore.gif

Alright, after weeks of Reddit suggesting I play this game I've caved and gone and bought it.

At approximately 5:10pm I'll be getting into this, so what I want to know from all you legends of the Wasteland is s**t you wish you knew before starting your game...
When making mods for your guns and armour, and your building defenses and structures at your settlement, you always will run out of aluminium and copper. So make sure you always loot aluminium cans, and any items that break down into those 2 materials. Also, the main food sources you should grow are mutfruit, tato and corn. If you see dirty water when questing, pick it up.

Lock picking is IMO a lot more useful than hacking. There are more safes/locks etc in the Wasteland than terminals/computers, and half the time if you cant hack a computer a password or security card is lying around that will give you access anyway.

Quirks of fallout. Dirty water is very useful for crafting but is pretty rarely found.

Yet every single puddle/stream/ocean is full of the stuff, but oh no, you can't use that

Yeah, similar to the way you can basically build a massive piece of wall using 4 wooden spoons and a tin can

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, fair point.

I started off with 2 Charisma, and I wasn't entirely enthused by building settlements at first, so it didn't bother me.

But, by around level 30, I made a choice to start grinding and leveling, and putting points into settlement building and making money, so I did end up putting 4 points into charisma, plus 2 into local leader..
Good points by all. I think ur initial special point spread is dependant a lot on the difficulty setting you're playing. Im on V Hard and needed the initial points to ramp up gun mods etc just to survive. Charisma and settlement building was low on the priority list. Once OP'd as heck, then smash the points on Charisma.

Actually game is getting a fair bit easier now that I've picked up my second wounding weapon.

Now have an auto 10mm pistol and a double barreled shotgun. They are ridiculously OP.

Supposedly the shotgun does 25 bleed damage per pellet! :eek:

I have gone from normal>hard>very hard as i've got more and more OP.

Keeps things very fresh. You never feel like you are a invincible tank, which gets a bit dull.

Plus you get more awesome legendary pickups

No shame in starting the game on normal then ramping it up imo. Getting smashed at the start is no fun when you're still learning the games quirks

Keeps things very fresh. You never feel like you are a invincible tank, which gets a bit dull.

I think I'll move up to very hard, I haven't picked up an improved/better weapon for around 20 levels or more.

No shame in starting the game on normal then ramping it up imo. Getting smashed at the start is no fun when you're still learning the games quirks

Yeah I moved to very hard pretty early on and switch between it and survival depending on how difficult areas are.

It hurts initially when you move up a difficulty. I remember the first enemy i found on V hard was a pack of mole rats and they raped me!

It was like i was chucking spit balls at them

It eventually gets easier though
Dirty little *ers!

Do you get more xp on harder difficulties?

Im the oppotiste. I realised the other night I can't play it if I am only gonna get an hour. I need to play a session to enjoy it otherwise the game shits me.

Dirty little gooses!

Do you get more xp on harder difficulties?

From what I've read XP stays the same but legendary creatures that drop the good loot are much more frequent.

There are also multipliers for enemy damage done to you and that lessen the damage you deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back