Pre-Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm catching up with a couple of guys in the footy dept tomorrow. Any specific questions (within reason) anyone has?
Ask them what is with all closed sessions and cloak and dagger s**t and has
Bevo gone a bit Howard Hughes after Taliagate. Also how many games do
they think opposition analysts need to pick apart a game plan and target
the prime movers. And finally have sales of egg and bacon rolls at the
cafe increased significantly in the last two weeks.

Hahaha. He'll love it :)

All questions that demand answers!

Great to see Clay Smith is up there.

Does anyone know when they are shooting to have him back into competitive footy?

Hoping they will make him sit out for at least 12 months instead of the standard 9 - just to give him every chance of getting the knee settled. I know its harsh for the kid, but he has a long future in front of him and I would hate to see him go down again...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm slightly more confused than before I came...

Boyd/Minno/Campbell all in the mix for the ruck-forward role. All going well - Boyd has improved greatly but still a year or two away. Roughy sounds likely for first ruck by process of elimination.

They see a core group of 12-15 players and then the rest rotating around them. Dale, McLean, Caleb, Webb all on a fairly even keen and will get games according to opposition match-ups. JJ still a likely lock down back rather than a wing but will rotate.

Couldn't pick one for my SuperCoach - thinks they'll all rotate and there is a fairly even keel after that 12-15 player core.

New backs going well and will get games. Goetz and Williams likely a year away but the others will all get a chance.

Happy with the specimen and Collins but none of Roberts/Collins et al are a total lock for the tall back roll at this point. Tomorrows inter match will give them a good look at it and they are open minded going into the NAB.

Only 2 players in recovery group and the rest are flying - feeling really good about where we are at.

Hrovat going well and will get chances.

The closed sessions are really important to them and acknowledging that people can sit on the hill they'll continue to just chase them off. they are implementing subtle things they simply don't want anyone to know about so that won't change for the good of the club.

Everyone loves cheese :)

New sponsorship opportunities definitely opening up out of Ballarat. Wouldn't expect a mission level out of it but good opportunities coming and they will have a Ballarat focus sponsor game in round 8.

None of that is new but good to hear it from the horses mouth...

Goetz and Williams likely a year away but the others will all get a chance.
Great post mate. Are you sure this wasn't Goetz and Lynch? All the training reports seem to say that Williams is going really well, Lynch is pretty undersized and Beveridge said that we wouldn't be upgrading a rookie for Crameri because Goetz and Lynch aren't ready yet.

My guess at the core 12-15:
Suckling, Murphy, Wallis, Bont, Boyd, Dahlhaus, Hunter, Stringer, Wood, Macrae, Libba, Dickson, Morris, JJ, Picken.

Great post mate. Are you sure this wasn't Goetz and Lynch? All the training reports seem to say that Williams is going really well, Lynch is pretty undersized and Beveridge said that we wouldn't be upgrading a rookie for Crameri because Goetz and Lynch aren't ready yet.

My guess at the core 12-15:
Suckling, Murphy, Wallis, Bont, Boyd, Dahlhaus, Hunter, Stringer, Wood, Macrae, Libba, Dickson, Morris, JJ, Picken.

I was surprised how even they see the list. Can only be a good thing. I'm pretty sure it was Williams he said was speccy.

Boyd/Minno/Campbell all in the mix for the ruck-forward role. All going well - Boyd has improved greatly but still a year or two away.
giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back