Unofficial Preview R7: Changes v Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I couldn't believe what I was watching on Talking Footy tonight.

They were billing this weekend's game as some sort of grudge match because of "what happened last year." I scratched my head and asked myself "What happened last year?" Then they played grabs from Beveridge and a Bulldogs player saying how bitter they were about the Talia/Cheney incident.

giphy.gif

Two things.

1. Bulldogs players, coaches and fans - nobody in Adelaide even knows what the hell you're talking about. We're over it, it hasn't crossed our minds since you spent a month squealing about it last September. You all sound mentally ill.

2. Luke Darcy - you really need to get professional help about 97/98. Your hate for Adelaide is out of control. And don't think we didn't notice your blatant barracking masquerading as commentary in last year's final.
One thing is certain this week. Either the Bulldogs win or they'll feel like they should of.

One thing is certain this week. Either the Bulldogs win or they'll feel like they should of.
Michael Talia's intel still has currency. Will be the difference.

Michael Talia's intel still has currency. Will be the difference.

If the Crows really want to troll Bevridge have Michael Talia sit in the coaches box on Saturday night at the Dome.

If we turn up and at most lose Laird to injury and no VB, we will win.

We are a lot healthier than what the Dogs are and IMO playing the better footy. Also we play the Dome well.
Turn on your sarcasm detector.

Yes I agree we are a good chance.

The chip on the shoulder from this mob is out of control. Beveridge comes across as a grumpy no charisma douche. That Talking Footy opening tonight was Darcy at his pathetic worst also. When you break it down, their issue last year was over absolutely nothing any of our players actually did wrong. Michael Talia played for them ffs, not us. As for 97 and 98, well they lost. Not our fault again. If it was due to umpiring, well go have a cry. Bottom line, their gripes against our club are purely and simply from losing to us so often. I hope we smash them.

Last edited:
I cannot believe that there's still some stupid people here believing that a player that is producing a good outcome at the moment should be discarded for a player that may produce as much in six or seven weeks' time. It is almost like saying that Thommo will run out of puff in six or seven weeks so we may as well replace him with CEY now. FFS, why don't we wait until we can definitely state that from this week on, a Milera will contribute more than a DMack because Milera is already better now or DMack is stinging it now. Who the hell thinks that we can afford to drop an extra 10-15 good possessions in every game for the next 5-6 games? Because, imo, DMack at the moment is worth 10-15 better touches than Milera or Menzel or Right can supply.
So, until we cannot make the 8, let alone the top 4, stop f...ing saying "we must think of the future, because these players will not get us to premiership"!
Rant Over!:straining::D

I cannot believe that there's still some stupid people here believing that a player that is producing a good outcome at the moment should be discarded for a player that may produce as much in six or seven weeks' time. It is almost like saying that Thommo will run out of puff in six or seven weeks so we may as well replace him with CEY now. FFS, why don't we wait until we can definitely state that from this week on, a Milera will contribute more than a DMack because Milera is already better now or DMack is stinging it now. Who the hell thinks that we can afford to drop an extra 10-15 good possessions in every game for the next 5-6 games? Because, imo, DMack at the moment is worth 10-15 better touches than Milera or Menzel or Right can supply.
So, until we cannot make the 8, let alone the top 4, stop f...ing saying "we must think of the future, because these players will not get us to premiership"!
You make a good point. It's just I don't want to drive my old car, my new one looks slicker and I'm dying to test out its new features. I know what the old one can do!

The chip on the shoulder from this mob is out of control. Beveridge comes across as a grumpy no charisma douche. That Talking Footy opening tonight was Darcy at his pathetic worst also. When you break it down, their issue last year was over absolutely nothing any of our players actually did wrong. Michael Talia played for them ffs, not us. As for 97 and 98, well they lost. Not our fault again. If it was due to umpiring, well go have a cry. Bottom line, their gripes against our club are purely and simply from losing to us so often. I hope we smash them.
73 points was umpiring???? :drunk:

And the 97 one they gave up a 33 point lead

It's extra pathetic given that it's the coach who is one of the drivers of the bitterness over Taliagate. Supporters getting salty is par for the course but a coach of a modern, professional AFL side should not be making excuses all these months later. So instead of helping his players improve after such a defeat, he's just fed their egos that they were robbed this whole time because of a bloody text message? We won because we were more efficient going forward and didn't piss away our chances. Simple as that! The sook needs to move on!:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cracking reply Kane, I will re-read but I am not sure that's what I said. You also left out my edit

Out of curiosity, how do the SANFL grounds stack up against the Docklands for firmness? (Genuine question)

The Dogs have had 4 games in a row at Docklands over past seasons and I don't remember them having the same level of injuries. Could their injuries be coming from playing a cast of thousands through their midfield ?

I stand by my statement, if Brad is fit and ready to go he plays....
Sorry for the intrusion. Reckon the cap rotation may be impacting us. Playing at Docklands hasn't bothered us previously but couple that with being out there for longer at a time and i reckon it could play a part. Last year we heavily rotated from week to week, with most weeks bringing 3-4 changes with it. This year it is a lot more settled, apart from forced changes. That could also be add to it. Anyway am pretty keen for this weekend, hopefully it's another good showing from both teams like last year's final.

He's one of the genuine dogs of the game - few players I'd hate more than L Thomas
Nah, he's a genuine kangaroo, and us Dogs fans are happy about that :)
This is a massive test for us.

We've won games off huge scoring but we'll be playing the number 1 defence in the comp. Pressure on the ball carrier, will be interesting if we can play our running game.

We were lucky Freo were horrid at converting chances cause they did well at slowing us down.
Have you seen us trying to convert our chances? Will be groundhog day for your mob if we don't do something different up forward.
If we turn up and at most lose Laird to injury and no VB, we will win.

We are a lot healthier than what the Dogs are and IMO playing the better footy. Also we play the Dome well.
Think we'll do well to get within a goal or two. Injuries taking it's toll, but no excuse. Should be a cracker i hope.

Last edited:
They were talking about how us vs the Dogs is one of the most bitter rivalries in footy. Huh? I dont see us having any rivarly with them. We have kicked them out of the finals race three times. So what?
Bitter for the dogs... But sweet for us!

No excuses here, we need to win.
I'd also love to see us take a turd on Beveridge's smug face in the coaches box.
I'll be sitting aisle seats right where Beveridge makes his way down to the ground, I'll make sure to let him know that he needs to mark Eddie Betts that's for sure.

Accidents do genuinely happen. But that wasn't an accident.
To be honest I think it was an accident, I don't think Thomas intended for things to go the way they did. In my opinion what he did do was show a complete lack of care for the safety of Hunter by attempting to tackle him front on. Think of it like someone texting whilst driving and then hitting a pedestrian, there's no intent to hit someone so it's technically an accident. In no way am I trying to defend Thomas though, for me he deserved a bigger suspension than he got, playing like that is bound to get someone hurt sooner or later.

Their biggest problem in the 1998 prelim was McLeod and Robran kicking as many goals between them as the Bulldogs did.

I will be in Melb this weekend for a Sunday wedding and will be at the game Saturday night

Can't wait

Heading over also to catch the game with a Crows supporting mate living in Melbourne. Last game I went to with just the two of us was the Petrenko kangaroos game at Etihad. More of the same thanks.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back