Preview Changes: R7 vs Collingwood, Sunday April 30, 4.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I would prefer Berry over Crouch. Berry has a lot more pace and is a better footballer so it's a strange call by Nicks. Berry must be out of favour as it makes no sense why he wouldn't be the automatic inclusion if Laird is injured. Hopefully Laird gets up, if he is right to go he needs to play. Having two players in the midfield who are slow and can't chase such as Sloane and Crouch won't end well for us. A better option is to bring Schoenberg into the 22 if Laird misses and play more of Soligo, Rachele, Pedlar in the midfield to help Dawson and Sloane. I don't want to see Crouch play for us ever again.

I don’t think Berry is out of favour - just underdone/out of form
Expect him to have a couple in the Sanfl and be back in the mix

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm comfortable with it. Laird's not a top player in the league.

Embarassing was pea brain claiming he was better than prime Scott Thompson.

Nothing like claiming our highest potential youngster is a potato.
Don't forget another stupid comment "Rachele will have fun at Collingwood" only after seeing he can play in the midfield ;)

Wow, according to the consensus I am hearing from too many Collingwood supporters, the four points from tomorrows game is already in their bank, they are basically invincible, the Crows are overrated pretenders, our admin is useless for letting one of the recruits of the century, the prodigy Billy Frampton, who will rip us a new one tomorrow, go. They are so good and fit that the five day break, travel and away game, isn't a factor. Aah, lookinig forward to this one!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Crouch in for Laird. Berry is the obvious replacement but he's underdone at the moment.

The problem with Crouch is he's one dimensional, but with Laird out he can come in and play his natural game. Accumulate the ball and use his hands in the clearances to get it out to Dawson and co.

I don't think we lose too much

I like Crouch in for Laird. Berry is the obvious replacement but he's underdone at the moment.

The problem with Crouch is he's one dimensional, but with Laird out he can come in and play his natural game. Accumulate the ball and use his hands in the clearances to get it out to Dawson and co.

I don't think we lose too much
I'd say we lose a lot of defensive pressure around the midfield, so if Crouch isn't getting his hands on the ball first it's a big loss. Laird is typically a pretty high tackling player beyond just his clearance numbers. Laird is a big loss but it will give Crouch a chance to play his natural game where he's the primary extractor so hopefully we'll see the best of him.

If Crouch comes in this will be his prime opportunity to show he's still an AFL player so he better be up for it.

I think the only people left who think otherwise are the ones who still believe that your 6th or even 7th Forward are the difference between winning and losing footy games.

He's a half back flanker that averages over 36 touches and a goal a game...

Dear AFL coaches,

CLAMP THE F**K DOWN ON THAT GUY!

Sincerely, the history of the game.

No, I'm against it, and I wouldn't say that in most situations. Mainly it just seems to be setting up for a preformative failure and I have no doubt in eight weeks, the conversation will be Daicos is untaggable. Really, a half decent half back flanker is untaggable.

This whole talk about Daicos is a trap. You stop Daicos being influential by belting Collingwood midfield and making the defenders around him life a living hell for two hours. You don't (and can't) stop Collingwood by trying to stop Daicos. That's going to do sweet * all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back