Preview Changes: R21 vs Gold Coast, Saturday August 5th, 1.40pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

If Schoenberg continues to play like he has last 2 weeks or bette till be fuming if he’s left out next few games

He needs to play to help set up our midfield for next year

What happens in these scenarios is it becomes obvious who shouldn’t play - either thru form or injury so I’m expecting it to be more clear after the weekend
Jeff, Schoenberg is still double clutching at most balls .....his one clean take was when he grabbed the ball with his wrists

Having "soft hands, one grab takes" is a sign of a good footballer ......both Schoenberg & McHenry don't have clean hands under pressure

Nankervis is the definition of a one grab player

Jeff, Schoenberg is still double clutching at most balls .....his one clean take was when he grabbed the ball with his wrists

Having "soft hands, one grab takes" is a sign of a good footballer ......both Schoenberg & McHenry don't have clean hands under pressure

Schoenbergs last 2 weeks have given me enough to want him see play out the season however.

Imagine Smith plays wing again, that got lost a bit last week, they finally dragged him out from his armchair as loose halfback and it helped the defence function so much better and provide so much better run from that line.

Actually seeing senior players dragged from their carved in rock position on ground is a new feeling, hopefully paves the way for his phasing out next year.
It was one of the biggest positives from the game seeing Smith moved up the ground.
The young guys down back really gelled and were great to watch.
Hinge has been our most improved this year, what a player he has become

No real complaints from me.

Will be a big test for our midfield and Crouch in particular. Without checking the stats, it seems like Laird really struggles against Rowell and Anderson, so someone else needs to step up.

That will be the test.

Who does Pedlar come in for?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think that question depends on what you want Rachele to do. If it's to be a pure forward for the rest of the campaign, McAdam makes way. If it's forward with a good helping of midfield minutes, probably Schoenberg or Murphy.

I think that question depends on what you want Rachele to do. If it's to be a pure forward for the rest of the campaign, McAdam makes way. If it's forward with a good helping of midfield minutes, probably Schoenberg or Murphy.
Why does this even need discussion, surely it's Murphy

Why does this even need discussion, surely it's Murphy

Nope. It's all on how you want Rachele to finish the year. If you want him forward, you keep the guys who are going to hunt the ball further up the field to assist with our outside midfield game. McAdam isn't that player, and as the forwardline is flushed with goalscoring potential and defense, he drops out.

Whereas, if you're using Rachele to bolster that outside game as a fifth midfielder, you've made Murphy or Schoenberg redundant in our lineup. Personally, I lean with the latter, as it gives a rough idea how much reinforcement we need on our inside to get Rachele to be our fifth midfielder. You hold onto McAdam until you get Rankine back.

There isn't a wrong answer either, seeing all that matters is we're pumping games in Pedlar and Rachele, and they're performing at a solid click. How we use them in this period doesn't matter.

Nope. It's all on how you want Rachele to finish the year. If you want him forward, you keep the guys who are going to hunt the ball further up the field to assist with our outside midfield game. McAdam isn't that player, the team is flushed with goalscoring potential and defense, and Rachele is the better player, so he drops out.

Whereas, if you're using Rachele to bolster that outside game, you do need what McAdam provides more than what you need Murphy/Schoenberg. Personally, I lean with the latter, as it gives a rough idea how much reinforcement we need on our inside to get Rachele to be our fifth midfielder.

There isn't a wrong answer either, seeing all that matters is we're pumping games in Pedlar and Rachele, and they're performing at a solid click. How we use them in this period doesn't matter.
I want Rachele to take Murphys forward/midfield role in the side.

It's that simple

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. It's all on how you want Rachele to finish the year. If you want him forward, you keep the guys who are going to hunt the ball further up the field to assist with our outside midfield game. McAdam isn't that player, and as the forwardline is flushed with goalscoring potential and defense, he drops out.

Whereas, if you're using Rachele to bolster that outside game as a fifth midfielder, you've made Murphy or Schoenberg redundant in our lineup. Personally, I lean with the latter, as it gives a rough idea how much reinforcement we need on our inside to get Rachele to be our fifth midfielder. You hold onto McAdam until you get Rankine back.

McAdam works up the ground all the time though..

not sure where you’ve gotten this idea he doesnt from..

the next two that need to come out of that forward line are murph and keays.. two talentless hacks.

our best, most talented and strongest forward line combo is mcadam, rankine, pedlar, tex, fog, rachele and TT.

play those 7.. at any one time you will have one of them either on the bench having a rest.. or in the ruck (TT) or playing as a mid (one of rankine rachele or pedlar)..

keays and murphy dont even deserve to tie the boot laces of those 7..

Mcadam back has instantly added a new dimension/dynamic to that forward line.. talk of dropping him instead of murph or keays is pure madness.

Firstly, Excellent Fxxkn Rant Clamy. I would have expected nothing less 😄.

A few facts;

1) I have watched Tariek play live on at least 20 occasions and I have been encouraged by his steady improvement. I have never made a negative comment about Tariek in any game day thread.

2) I don’t believe Tariek will perform as well as some of our marginal small forwards if he is given a chance this year.

3) Amongst the small group of Bigfooty posters who closely follow our SANFL team, I can’t think of anyone who supports your views on Tariek.

4) My opinion re Crouch, Sloane, Murphy and McHenry is that they are not in our best 22. They are fringe players that sometimes play their role.

5) I believe Keays has many weaknesses but has some strengths that put him currently in our best 22.

GENUINE QUESTION;
How long since you last attended a Crows match (SANFL or AFL)?

Have you ever attended an AFL match?

Your comments often sound like someone who has only ever watched the game on the tellie. Not a criticism, just an observation.

I think on current output, Crouch is most probably in our best 22. Rankine and Pedlar in for Murphy and Sloane makes our current best 23.

the next two that need to come out of that forward line are murph and keays.. two talentless hacks.

our best, most talented and strongest forward line combo is mcadam, rankine, pedlar, tex, fog, rachele and TT.

play those 7.. at any one time you will have one of them either on the bench having a rest.. or in the ruck (TT) or playing as a mid (one of rankine rachele or pedlar)..

Mcadam back has instantly added a new dimension/dynamic to that forward line.. talk of dropping him instead of murph or keays is pure madness.
Yeah for sure McAdam gives us that extra dimension and were better with him in the team.

I don't think Keays is that bad, leaves opponents in his dust and always seems to sniff out a goal or two, still in front of a couple I reckon

That’s why he needs to keep playing and eventually the game will slow down in his head

In meantime he’s adding quite a bit different thing to our midfield and performing

We definitely not dropping McAdam

But you do realise that he has been one of our deepest forwards last 2 weeks? ( also generally consistent with his career )

I think talent is one thing but then roles are another , can’t have all marking targets , all offensive players or all ground ball players . Need a different mix of players

If all our forwards were good defensively and offensively like Rankine is then we’d just pick all the most skilful and talented

Last edited:
Another debut. Tick.

Rachele back after a rest, Pedlar resting after struggling a bit. Seems we might be getting the hang of resting players. Still need to work on it as we could've done better to not need so much resting late in the season if we'd gone a bit earlier starting to rest them I feel.

I can tolerate not too many changes with trying to get another little continuity group going.

This week is a real test for Crouch. Not going to have ROB dominating. In fact going to be a test for our mids as a whole, not going to have it on our terms from the taps as a whole, perhaps only late in the game and maybe some qtrs when Witts tires from going with ROB and his tank. I think its fair to say we don't go near as well in our mids (and as a result forward and back) when we don't have ruck dominance. So hopefully we've got something worked out for it, being attacking off someone else's taps would be a good thing to add to our repertoire. Couldve brought in a second ruckman too, but bad luck me on that one.

Gonna be a test to for our even more inexperienced backline. Two key backs with under 5 games each doesn't ring out like its going to be a good result.

These pricks have been in some form too. Gonna be good if we can stuff up their run. Should be a dry game on a clear low wind day. Really wanting to see Nank in nice dry conditions to see how many of those marks he can hang on to.

Anyway, not really confident on this one, still feel it could be a 50-50 contest, which, considering we are at home is less confident than I typically am. Bring it on I spose.
Yes I know the HO stat isn't everything a ruckman is, but Witts is second only to ROB in this year's total HO, but has played 2 fewer games to give him an average of 39.3 per game compared to ROB's 38.7. They were the top two last year as well, with Witts leading but ROB played 2 fewer last year. Witts was leading on average 37.9 to 36.9.

We definitely not dropping McAdam

But you do realise that he has been one of our deepest forwards last 2 weeks? ( also generally consistent with his career )

I think talent is one thing but then roles are another , can’t have all marking targets , all offensive players or all ground ball players . Need a different mix of players

If all our forwards were good defensively and offensively like Rankine is then we’d just pick all the most skilful and talented
Are you suggesting mcadam isnt the type thats willing to defend and apply pressure when he gasnt got the ball?..

Come on.. The lad tackles and chases like a maniac..

Rankine tackles and chases like a madman.

Rachele chases and tackles hard..

Tex tries to.. but he’s more of a lumbering old big man..

Fog loves bring the heat.

TT could do better.

Pedlar chases and tackles..

We simply dont need murphy and keays.

Are you suggesting mcadam isnt the type thats willing to defend and apply pressure when he gasnt got the ball?..

Come on.. The lad tackles and chases like a maniac..

Rankine tackles and chases like a madman.

Rachele chases and tackles hard..

Tex tries to.. but he’s more of a lumbering old big man..

Fog loves bring the heat.

TT could do better.

Pedlar chases and tackles..

We simply dont need murphy and keays.
No not at all re McAdam

He defends well without the ball

He doesn’t play high up the ground though and he’s more a marking target than ground ball player

Still in my best 22 , he’s prob our best lead up player in our side and helps spread defence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back