Preview Changes: R21 vs Gold Coast, Saturday August 5th, 1.40pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Sloane has done nothing.

What are you on about, rarely wastes his disposal? He's never been an effective disposer of the ball, and it's gotten worse. He's had one goal assist since week 12 for crying out loud.
Haha I'm not gonna argue with someone who's got know idea. You were probably one of those that were calling for Milera to be dropped a couple of weeks ago

Have you watched Berry play this year ?

Thankfully Schoenberg is finally playing , he’s the main young player this year that’s been mismanaged but I hope they realise that finally
I don't have any confidence in our ability to develop midfielders (or to draft them for that matter).

I don't have any confidence in our ability to develop midfielders (or to draft them for that matter).
We’ll see how the development of some of our current guys go

The level that Soligo and Rachele reach will be a good indicator. Also think Nank could become one, in time

I've got a bad feeling about this. We have a number of players who like to bump players as they kick, hopefully they get the memo that it's going to be penalised.
Fair enough too as it’s a very dangerous act. I was at Metricon Stadium when Powell had his leg broken when McHenry came in like a kamikaze when the bloke was in the act of kicking. Shocking sound and massive injury. The kicker is totally vulnerable and duty of care needs to be shown.

Fair enough too as it’s a very dangerous act. I was at Metricon Stadium when Powell had his leg broken when Murphy came in like a kamikaze when the bloke was in the act of kicking. Shocking sound and massive injury. The kicker is totally vulnerable and duty of care needs to be shown.

McHenry? Not Murphy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Number 22 - Nathan Williamson. Drives me crazy.

Yeah, he is the worst umpire imo.

He seems to be doing more Friday night games now, which is OK with me as we are not playing.

Too true , I remember Luke Beveridge mentioning in their premiership year they actively recruited midfielders as half back flankers

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Terry Wallace used midfielders at centre half back.

Robran enjoyed it too...

It's weird that playing a game largely equivalent to Ben Keays gets Pedlar 'managed', but not the senior player.

This is a pretty naive comment from you. Just watching Peds during a game and he is gassed early on. Played a good last quarter in the showdown but his second halves for the 3-4 weeks prior indicated he is pretty well out on his feet

Regardless of stats though, Burgess would be watching his load management so we get him through the full year

Keays just keeps running like a sheep dog. That can’t be denied - regardless of kicking ability!

This is a pretty naive comment from you. Just watching Peds during a game and he is gassed early on. Played a good last quarter in the showdown but his second halves for the 3-4 weeks prior indicated he is pretty well out on his feet

Regardless of stats though, Burgess would be watching his load management so we get him through the full year

Keays just keeps running like a sheep dog. That can’t be denied - regardless of kicking ability!

What's naive about it?

All of Keays hyped gut running produces performance equivalent to a young player who requires managing.

Why then such faith?

Doubt it. I don’t think any one player will play sub 5 weeks in a row. Hopefully the boys on the edge in the team play well and push him out altogether

If they won't bring Cook back into the 22, I'd like to see him Sub a few times. Preference is for him to be in the starting 22, but if not I think he could do well as sub.

But if his hitting the wall production is comparable to the senior players, why is it only a concern about him?

So last 5 weeks second halves disposals

Keays 11. Pedlar 4
Keays 15. Pedlar 3
Keays 5 Pedlar 5
Keays 12 Pedlar 3
Keays 7 Pedlar 8

So 50 disposals for Keays against 23 for Pedlar

Keays hardly missed a game since he has been at the club, Pedlar first year stringing games together after years of injury

I think Pedlar will become our best CBA midfielder over the next two years but it is blindingly obvious why they would rest him - and not Keays from an injury prevention viewpoint

He had what, three games? Sloane has had 20 games and done nothing.

One of the two might actually improve, and yet he's been banished for the while season.

Sloane has averaged 20 touches a game on reduced game time this year (around 65% on average). If he were playing typical midfield minutes aka Laird/Dawson then unquestionably he would be up around 24-25 touches a game

While I agree he has dropped away since the bye - his year has been nowhere near as bad as some on here paint it to be

Top 5 for disposals for the year(including average disposals) (top 3 for tackles) in a season where his game time has been managed in almost every game - which the club has indicated a number of times.

Let’s not just use hyperbole to describe players on here all the time

What's naive about it?

All of Keays hyped gut running produces performance equivalent to a young player who requires managing.

Why then such faith?
Important to have Keays-type senior role players who have the capacity to hit the contest hard, run both ways, provide avenues to goal etc. Can’t have too many of them in the one side, though (assuming one or two glaring weaknesses per player), which has been a problem for us in recent times

Pedlar obviously has the higher ceiling and is a more potent player, but it’s about finding the right mix and balance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back