Preview Changes: R7 vs Collingwood, Sunday April 30, 4.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Pendles a huge out for them but Adams back is a solid in...

Wouldn't surprise me if there is a late change for us on Sunday... Something seems afoot given all the talk on Hinge/Laird...

Surely this is the game big ROB sets himself to towel up Willbur Frampton!!

This week has been pretty epic on that front.

1) Only an idiot would tag someone in modern footy. We shouldn't tag Daicos.

2) Malcolm Blight says only an idiot wouldn't tag Daicos. We should definitely tag Daicos.

3) Damien Barrett thinks we should tag as well.

Hmm, well, maybe we shouldn't tag
Craig McRae himself said today that the opposition should tag Daicos.

Craig McRae himself said today that the opposition should tag Daicos.
I think the only people left who think otherwise are the ones who still believe that your 6th or even 7th Forward are the difference between winning and losing footy games.

He's a half back flanker that averages over 36 touches and a goal a game...

Dear AFL coaches,

CLAMP THE F**K DOWN ON THAT GUY!

Sincerely, the history of the game.

Last edited:
I think the only people left who think otherwise are the ones who still believe that your 6th or even 7th Forward are the difference between winning and losing footy games.

He's a half back flanker that averages over 36 touches and a goal a game...

Dear AFL coaches,

CLAMP THE F**K DOWN ON THAT GUY!

Sincerely, the history of the game.
He’s not a half back flanker. He starts there but then just plays as the extra midfielder going where he wants.

I just don't know why Crouch would be in the 26 then

If he's not next in and he's not a sub option?

Hopefully Laird is good to go and we never find out

Crouch will replace Laird as like for like. Schoenberg and Cook are much more outside whereas Crouch is a ball getter. If Laird plays then expect Schoenberg to be the Sub
Cool probably cover for Hinge.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He’s not a half back flanker. He starts there but then just plays as the extra midfielder going where he wants.
Then why does it matter if we use our opposing 6th forward as a tagger?

They start there, but then they just go where they want... but in this case where they want happens to be everywhere Daicos also wants to be

I genuinely believe the role of AFL midfielder is incredibly broad in terms of what's required mentally and structurally. And eventually it catches most young midfielders out, and causes them to dip in form/confidence.

Playing simplified roles for a stretch of games is a great way to help young mids build the expectations/ mental side of the role up, so it becomes instinctual to them, rather then overwhelmingly stressful.

I definitely believe Jones benefited from it. Probably even more then the coaches thought he would.
Maybe Blighty was onto something in playing all our gems like Goody, Edwards, Roo as HBF first then moving them midfield.

Over the last couple of coaches they start kids out in the graveyard of half forward or throw them centre and they struggle in yr 2. Think Jones, Schoey, Berry in recent times.

All would be well served playing HB for a while and shifting HB like Milera, Diedee etc on ball

Something about it perhaps being better to miss 1 game rather than doing it worse and missing 3-4

Looking at our record against them, is there a viable strategy in treating Collingwood games as a rest week?

Death, taxes, and Collingwood beat us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crouch will replace Laird as like for like. Schoenberg and Cook are much more outside whereas Crouch is a ball getter. If Laird plays then expect Schoenberg to be the Sub
Cool probably cover for Hinge.

I would prefer Berry over Crouch. Berry has a lot more pace and is a better footballer so it's a strange call by Nicks. Berry must be out of favour as it makes no sense why he wouldn't be the automatic inclusion if Laird is injured. Hopefully Laird gets up, if he is right to go he needs to play. Having two players in the midfield who are slow and can't chase such as Sloane and Crouch won't end well for us. A better option is to bring Schoenberg into the 22 if Laird misses and play more of Soligo, Rachele, Pedlar in the midfield to help Dawson and Sloane. I don't want to see Crouch play for us ever again.

Last edited:
I really dont understand this Crouch/Laird is like for like talk .

Besides age profile, how are they like for like?
One goes forward, one goes backwards. One is zippy, One is crab like. One provides defensive pressure the other trotts along to the next ballup when not directly involved in the play. Is it stat sheet figures maybe? Leadership? Games played?

I really dont understand this Crouch/Laird is like for like talk .

Besides age profile, how are they like for like?
One goes forward, one goes backwards. One is zippy, One is crab like. One provides defensive pressure the other trotts along to the next ballup when not directly involved in the play. Is it stat sheet figures maybe? Leadership? Games played?
Has anyone said they are like for like? I don't think anyone here actually thinks Crouch can come in and provide the same impact as Laird.

Looking at our record against them, is there a viable strategy in treating Collingwood games as a rest week?

Death, taxes, and Collingwood beat us.
In the past we've always considered playing our sore/injured seniors a necessity, therefore...

Holy mackarel batman, it's non sequitur spam boy and he's up to no good
STO, why don’t you just own up to the stupidity of this previous comment (Laird is a C Grader) assuming you haven’t already. if you have owned up I apologise and I hadn’t noticed.

Then posters won’t keep reminding you of it. But let’s face facts, you are by far and away the greatest perpetrator of repeating other posters wrong calls, especially when they don’t reverse their initial call when evidence clearly proves them wrong. For example, you have baited Vader DOZENS of times re Fog who he made a wrong call on inc using a derogatory term for a Crows youngster (Without going into all the greyness of the issue and Vaders arguments). If Vader turned around and said “yep, I was wrong. And never been happier to be wrong. Bring all of the egg people so we can all now move on” then we would move past it and I would hope that YOU as the key protagonist would then move on and let it go. But he hasn’t and therefore you keep repeatedly baiting him (which is actually quite boring for the rest of us but anyway…)

You have owned up to being overly emotional about closing the club down - tick, well done.

You have owned up after saying Rankine can’t kick - tick, well done

Just own the silly s**t you have said and we can all move on. Laird is not a C Grader to any sane football fan. If you haven’t retracted this ludicrous statement you will keep getting reminded of it.

I am genuinely just trying to be constructive and help here so the board can be a better place, minimising trivial bickering and moving on from past issues to focus on big picture stuff going forward. We ARE all on the same side here!

Have a good weekend mate.

If Laird doesn't play, I'm hoping Soligo takes his midfield minutes and they bring in Cook on the wing

If Laird doesn’t play the minutes will go to either Sloane or Crouch - probably Crouch

They have Dawson, Rachele and Soligo running through there now - Nicks will want an experienced in and under mid. Like for like replacement. He isn’t going to give the keys over to inexperienced players in the biggest game he has coached so far

STO, why don’t you just own up to the stupidity of this previous comment (Laird is a C Grader) assuming you haven’t already. if you have owned up I apologise and I hadn’t noticed.

Then posters won’t keep reminding you of it. But let’s face facts, you are by far and away the greatest perpetrator of repeating other posters wrong calls, especially when they don’t reverse their initial call when evidence clearly proves them wrong. For example, you have baited Vader DOZENS of times re Fog who he made a wrong call on inc using a derogatory term for a Crows youngster (Without going into all the greyness of the issue and Vaders arguments). If Vader turned around and said “yep, I was wrong. And never been happier to be wrong. Bring all of the egg people so we can all now move on” then we would move past it and I would hope that YOU as the key protagonist would then move on and let it go. But he hasn’t and therefore you keep repeatedly baiting him (which is actually quite boring for the rest of us but anyway…)

You have owned up to being overly emotional about closing the club down - tick, well done.

You have owned up after saying Rankine can’t kick - tick, well done

Just own the silly s**t you have said and we can all move on. Laird is not a C Grader to any sane football fan. If you haven’t retracted this ludicrous statement you will keep getting reminded of it.

I am genuinely just trying to be constructive and help here so the board can be a better place, minimising trivial bickering and moving on from past issues to focus on big picture stuff going forward. We ARE all on the same side here!

Have a good weekend mate.

I'm comfortable with it. Laird's not a top player in the league.

Embarassing was pea brain claiming he was better than prime Scott Thompson.

Nothing like claiming our highest potential youngster is a potato.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back