Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys and gals, I'd just like to point out that, as I've told a couple of people in PM's, the club at this stage has not received any word from Ben or his management regarding his plans. As far as we're aware he's still deciding.

That's not to say RnL is wrong - he may well be right! He's obviously got access to different information streams than me.

I'm just pointing out that until we (and by we I mean HFC) hear definitively the trade is still ongoing.

And as the great man used to say - keep punching.
I’m not sure you’ve posted anything of note.
RnL posts at least commit to something and it’s pretty self explanatory that until HFC says something it won’t be confirmed.

Guys and gals, I'd just like to point out that, as I've told a couple of people in PM's, the club at this stage has not received any word from Ben or his management regarding his plans. As far as we're aware he's still deciding.

That's not to say RnL is wrong - he may well be right! He's obviously got access to different information streams than me.

I'm just pointing out that until we (and by we I mean HFC) hear definitively the trade is still ongoing.

And as the great man used to say - keep punching.
I believe this to be correct .
Ben has not notified any club on his intentions yet to my knowledge .

That'll be interesting. North have 16, 39 & 53. Even if they get their compo pick they wont pay a top-5 pick for Stephens and I'm sure Swans would ask for more than 16. They've got pick 11 but they'd be desperate to get into the top 10.
What about if North have made an agreement with Sydney about directing McKay there way that his salary guarantees Band 1 comp along with pick 16 going to North. I’m sure all this would be against the rules and would obviously mean McKay would have to agree to go there but it’s not like the Swines haven’t bent the rules before. Just throwing it out there as they’re as desperate as us for a KPD.

That'll be interesting. North have 16, 39 & 53. Even if they get their compo pick they wont pay a top-5 pick for Stephens and I'm sure Swans would ask for more than 16. They've got pick 11 but they'd be desperate to get into the top 10.
Where did North get pick 16 from? Swans would be lucky to get better than that for Stephens, he hasn't shown a huge amount, reckon ~20 is what he is worth.

What about if North have made an agreement with Sydney about directing McKay there way that his salary guarantees Band 1 comp along with pick 16 going to North. I’m sure all this would be against the rules and would obviously mean McKay would have to agree to go there but it’s not like the Swines haven’t bent the rules before. Just throwing it out there as they’re as desperate as us for a KPD.
There are rules?
Are You Sure Season 7 GIF by The Office

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This probably works in our favour if we need to trade a F3 for McCabe points. Good.
The interesting bit is if we get the suns pick we won’t be able to trade any futures from r2/3/4 without getting a replacement back in. With the talk of the draft being shallow I think it makes sliders in the 20-40 range more likely as there are always surprises in the first 20 picks. If true we would want to be able to trade back in especially for KP so going to be quite a strategic time for MM. that’s why I floated the crows trade idea with the suns pick, pick 4 and f3 to them for pick 9 and their f1. We still get a top 10 player add back an f1 and having an f1 allows us to trade our f2 to come back in this year.

I reckon they'd be happy with 16 tbh
If they did they would already have a deal in place (or hoping they do) to package 11 & 16 for a pick inside the top 8.
Most clubs want to get inside there as there's a pretty sharp drop-off.
Those first eight are going to either be 200-game stars or at worst best-22 roleplayers. We're talking Reid, Curtin, Watson, Duursma, McKercher, Caddy, Sanders & Walter.
After that there's a drop. You might still get a star, maybe a solid player but might also get a 40-game dud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back