Review 2009 Draft Revisted: Your Wish Lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Draft Picks 10, 24, 26 & 33

How is this draft thing working tomorrow night? I know the top 10 are going to be picked earlier, to be announced from 10-1 on the telecast. Now, are the top 10 read first, or will things kick off effectively from pick 11, leaving the suspense for the top 10?

If they are reading 10-1 first, then better make sure we are strapped in front of the TV ready as we would be first cab off the rank.

This concept the AFL have come up with to build hype for the draft is stupid.. It'd build a bit of a climax, but I wanna know would the players know which club they will be goin to "Live" or at the televised version "Top 10 countdown"??

If we pick Moore, there is going to be one epic s**t storm.

Ridiculous comment. Moore is very impressive. If he get's picked at 10 then there will a definite reason for doing so.

In saying that I think we are more likely to go with Lucas or Melksham if available.

How is this draft thing working tomorrow night? I know the top 10 are going to be picked earlier, to be announced from 10-1 on the telecast. Now, are the top 10 read first, or will things kick off effectively from pick 11, leaving the suspense for the top 10?

If they are reading 10-1 first, then better make sure we are strapped in front of the TV ready as we would be first cab off the rank.

Positive they are starting at 10 then going backwards to 1, before going back to 11 and continuing in correct order.

Surely they wouldn;t make everyone sit through 70 odd picks before naming the top 10.

Ant555 it just being one day out from the draft, do you still want Talia? Would you consider mid at 10 and if you had to choose out Lucas, Melksham, Stevens and maybe Moore who would it be?

And lastly who you reckon the club will choose?

Talia is still my top pick but i do not think we will select him. Best listen to mudflap , it will be one of Lucas or Moore unless Butcher slips down the order.
I would not be unhappy with Lucas or Moore.

Talia is still my top pick but i do not think we will select him. Best listen to mudflap , it will be one of Lucas or Moore unless Butcher slips down the order.
I would not be unhappy with Lucas or Moore.

I pretty sure I posted a disclaimer that comes with these comments!

I think the fact they would be happy to take Butcher certainly brings to fruition your thoughts a while ago of taking a KPP.

I personally think it would make great viewing for the club to bring out footage after the event of the discussions that go on behind closed doors during this phase.

Excuse my uneducated youtube opinion but i just can't see how Moore could be a top ten selection. I know that he has obviously played better games than the youtube footage shows, but what it does show is a kick that is 'uppity' with little penetration. He looks like a bit player, where as Lucas looks like a star!!

Anyone wanna elighten me as to why he is valued so highly. Thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to afl.com.au there is late mail that Moore will be off to Port, however if this happens and Essendon is given the choice between Melksham and Lucas, they said Essendon would opt for Melksham.

Personally I'm hoping we take Lucas with 10 (yn)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/87514/default.aspx

Does that then open up any chance that port may choose Moore + Melksham, leaving Essendon a choice of Butcher/Lucas/other... ???

As long as it is not a utilty mildfielder in Moore I will be happy. Will be happy with melksham or Lucas!
Why not? If we pick Moore ahead of Lucas I will be dissapointed, but not too much. Moore is a very good player still

Why not? If we pick Moore ahead of Lucas I will be dissapointed, but not too much. Moore is a very good player still

I want a genuine midfielder. Pretty simple. I hate picking players on "utility value". Too me that screams jack of all trades, master of none. I'd rather get a guy who is FANTASTIC in one postion. That to me is Kane Lucas or Jake Melksham.

Basically my wants are:

10- genuine midfielder

24- outside midfielder

26- midfielder

33- small crumbing forward OR ruckman.

If we overlook Lucas for Moore, wait for the Myers/Palmer comparisons.

On a completely unrelated topic of course, I'd like to hear Kelvin's thoughts on who we should and should not draft prior to the draft.

No more hindsight heroics.

I said earlier I'm not too fussed. As long as we hit the mark with 3 out of 4 we'll be doing ok.

It's the recruiters job to pick the right person.. not mine. If they can't see that Palmer or Rioli is a better get than Myers then I'm in my right to have a go at them.

I dare say that we are yet to select a genuine mid in our first round for a long long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back