Brad Ebert vs Callan Ward

Who do you think will become the better player?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we at least wait until Ebert has a preseason before comparing him with others?

Ward will be a gun though, Richmond must be spewing that they traded for McMahon instead of taking him.

When Ebert plays well, we win. He has become our barometer, but OP issues restricted him from having a pre-season at all since he was drafted, so hopefully he can have a full pre-season this time around.

Ward is going to be a very good player too. He'd be in front right now.

Silly poll. Ebert is slow rubbish.

*Sigh*

Again you show your lack of basic knowledge; Ebert had OP and missed the entire preseason, which obviously took away a lot of his leg speed.

He's not usually the quickest player, but the OP slowed him right down. Just watch him next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ward easily at the moment.

these things can change but im still happy with ebert, the draft can be hit and miss. give him time. hopefully he can get a pre-season under his belt and the start the season with some good form. it didnt really click for him this year after his late start.

ward is looking like a gun player though, like the way he goes about it.

I don't think anyone would dispute Ward is currently ahead, and I honestly would expect him to remain there.

Having said that, Ebert should provide good service to the Eagles.

Got to be Ward, by a pretty substantial margin. Hopefully Ebert does improve though...

I think people are forgetting that the question refers to "the long run". I'm not disputing the poll results but judging by most of the posts here people seem to just be referring to now...

If you where asking me who i would rather at pick 13.

Ebert is all class, for a guy who was struck down by OP late last season he has done pretty well averaging 16.6 Disposals per game this season. Eberts kicking over 40m has degraded quite allot and it has effected his leg speed, so on current form while they are both statistically similar Ward does look like the better prospect.

Ward has great potential it's the consistency that will be the difference between him being good and great because he's got a good tool kit.
Ebert will be a great ball winner in close and is a nice outside finnisher, the key to him becoming a great player especially playing most of his career is endurance, gut running and match fitness (getting over his OP).

Would have loved Ward at pick 20.

Back