Player Interview Transcript - Kornes & Lonie

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2004
Burton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Southampton FC
Mark Williams: Come on in Kane, um…sit down and ahh…….Kane!!.KANE!!!! you can stop running and sit down.

Kane Cornes: Sorry Choco, gotta keep up the fitness levels.

Mark Williams: I see your still wearing your Mad Monday outfit.

Kane Cornes: No Choco, I always dress like this.

Mark Williams: So how do you feel you went this year Kane?

Kane Cornes: Well I bettered my 2007 time trial so I’m pretty happy about that.

Tony McGuiness: You won the Betht and Fairetht thith year tho what are the areath of your game do you feel you improved on?

Kane Cornes: Well other than my ability to shut down the opposition’s best player while getting heaps of the ball myself I believe my kicking improved a fair bit.

Mark Williams: I disagree and um….. still feel you need to work on your kicking Kane.

Kane Cornes: What makes you say that Choco?

Mark Williams: Well every time we play at the Telsta Dome we get a letter of complaint from AFL about the dents in the roof.

Peter Rohde: You seemed to struggle at times to get rid of the ball, can you explain that?

Kane Cornes: Well I normally pass it to Chad so when he wasn’t playing, I got a bit confused.

Tony McGuiness: What are your planth for netht theason?

Kane Cornes: Well I want to break all the records for the time trials and skin folds.

Mark Williams: What about on the playing side of things?

Kane Cornes: Best and Fairest again.

Mark Williams: Thanks Kane, can you send in Lonie on your way out

Kane Cornes: Is he still here?

************************silent pause************************

Mark Williams: Come on Nathan; don’t be scared, we are not going to bite.

Nathan Lonie: Hi Guys, thanks for having me.

Mark Williams: OK Nathan, it wasn’t a great year for um…….opportunities so how do you feel you went in the ahh…limited amount of um….games you did play.

Nathan Lonie: I was very grateful to get those few games Andrew Jarman was doing my head in. I actually got a hard ball get in one of games to so I’m pretty proud of myself.

Peter Rohde: That being the case, it’s fair to say that you steer clear of the contested ball situations during games. Do you feel this is a fair comment?

Nathan Lonie: I’m not trying to avoid the hard hits its just that I feel I need to stay wide of the play so I can perform my role as a link man if we manage to clear the ball.

Mark Williams: Yeah…….. well it’s pretty bloody hard for our players to get the ball to you in the grand stand.

Peter Rohde: That’s a slight exaggeration Choco but you do position yourself to wide Nathan.

Nathan Lonie: (sniffing) I’m just trying to perform my role the best I can.

Tony McGuiness: Itth OK Nathan, here grab a tiffthue.

Mark Williams: Jeez Nathan you cry more than Gary Ablett why can’t you play like him?

Peter Rohde: What do you think you can improve on?

Nathan Lonie: For next season do you mean?

Peter Rohde: Well you might say that.

Nathan Lonie: Hard ball gets, I would like to play more of an enforcer type role.

Tony McGuiness: Are you theriouth Nathan, you would thtruggle to forthe a thower curtain open.

Nathan Lonie: You are going to delist me aren’t you Choco?

Mark Williams: Probably, and our supporters will look forward to that.

My favourite bit

Kane Cornes: Well other than my ability to shut down the opposition’s best player while getting heaps of the ball myself I believe my kicking improved a fair bit.

Mark Williams: I disagree and um….. still feel you need to work on your kicking Kane.

Kane Cornes: What makes you say that Choco?

Mark Williams: Well every time we play at the Telsta Dome we get a letter of complaint from AFL about the dents in the roof.

:D:thumbsu:

Mark Williams: Come on in Kane, um…sit down and ahh…….Kane!!.KANE!!!! you can stop running and sit down.

:thumbsu:

---

Mark Williams: Thanks Kane, can you send in Lonie on your way out

Kane Cornes: Is he still here?

************************silent pause************************

---

Nathan Lonie: You are going to delist me aren’t you Choco?

Mark Williams: Probably, and our supporters will look forward to that.[/quote]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back