Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha if missing straight forward marks, kicking zero goals as a key forward and 'crashing packs' to bring the ball to ground makes you an AFL footballer nowadays we should get Horace to dust the boots off and plonk him in the goal square...

FFS he was s**t - stop sugar coating it.

Waite and Petrie kicked a few junk time goals, so Maj will be the one to go this week. We are directionless as a club: mediocre now, and yet so intent on playing old guys that we're sacrificing any player development. Our season is shot, Maj and Brown need to play every game from here on out. Petrie and Waite can compete for the third spot. Won't happen though, they both have golden passes...

Haha if missing straight forward marks, kicking zero goals as a key forward and 'crashing packs' to bring the ball to ground makes you an AFL footballer nowadays we should get Horace to dust the boots off and plonk him in the goal square...

FFS he was s**t - stop sugar coating it.
All true except he actually didn't crash any packs really.

2. Majak Daw returned to his best with a dominant first half and threatened to blow the game open before Sandringham put more time into him.

“No one could tackle him and he was super-strong in tight,” Dyer said.

“He was marking the ball well and was forcing turnovers too. He faded a little after halftime but it was a much better showing from him after last week.

“He had a couple of shots on goal but couldn’t convert unfortunately.”

I've just about run a line through Majak, reckon he's gone. The only hope I see is if we get rolled in the next few and finals are gone. Which may equal B.S gone and maybe a new coach would give Maj a chance. A pity they shot John Lennon...

I've just about run a line through Majak, reckon he's gone. The only hope I see is if we get rolled in the next few and finals are gone. Which may equal B.S gone and maybe a new coach would give Maj a chance. A pity they shot John Lennon...

me to NN, as coaches we hear them preach take the game on, but their words are much louder then their actions.

I was all for Maj having a year at VFL level this year and replacing Drew when he hangs the boots up. now I believe Maj can not gain much from playing VFL and he needs an extending stay at the top level, for us to benefit from the years of patience we have shown.

1. After a quiet fortnight, Majak Daw bounced back in emphatic fashion.

His 49 hit-outs, eight tackles and seven clearances in tricky conditions was labelled as ‘sensational’ by Senior Development Coach Gavin Brown.

“He’s had his 49 hit-outs and (Mark) Jamar has only had 28 and Spencer 19. Maj dominated the ruck,” Brown said.

“He was really, really good and even better after half time. Some of his tackling was outstanding for a ruckman, they were a bit Goldy-like.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Brown having an ordinary game, could Maj replace him this week? Brown looked pretty sore after landing awkwardly.

You've got to wonder how Maj would go in a game where our mids dominate. I don't buy into "put a line through him". The club wouldn't be that stupid.

With Brown having an ordinary game, could Maj replace him this week? Brown looked pretty sore after landing awkwardly.

You've got to wonder how Maj would go in a game where our mids dominate. I don't buy into "put a line through him". The club wouldn't be that stupid.

I agree but why bother, they will give him 30 minutes and if he hasn't taken 6 contested marks and nailed 4 goals, they will sub him off.

I agree but why bother, they will give him 30 minutes and if he hasn't taken 6 contested marks and nailed 4 goals, they will sub him off.

The thing is we've actually seen what he can produce when our midfield is on top.

Brown wasn't flash on the weekend but by no means deserves to be dropped.

Still think it would have been nice to not have got Waite, Maj would have got a lot of games this year and we could have really seen where he is at.

Good to hear Maj bounce back, I know its been a tough few weeks for him.

Brown wasn't flash on the weekend but by no means deserves to be dropped.

Still think it would have been nice to not have got Waite, Maj would have got a lot of games this year and we could have really seen where he is at.

Good to hear Maj bounce back, I know its been a tough few weeks for him.

Yeah Brown only comes out if he's sore

Going on the weather forecast and the game being at the G this is not the week to bring in Majak , maybe the week we play Freo with that being the week they rest half their team .
I think Brown is great and the future BUT if his stats at half time this week belonged to Majak he would of been subbed out at half time , my question is why is Majak marked so harshly ?
I'm a massive Majak fan because I believe in the " X Factor " , but I can't see him at our club next year because the club sees our Premiership window open and can't leave him in the VFL for another season waiting for some kind of opertunity . I hope I'm wrong and his still around in 2016 preparing for the post Petrie - Waite years

I think I've said it before, but Maj shouldn't be ignored just cos it's wet. He's played at Werribee the last couple of years after all so he's used to tricky conditions. Plus given he doesn't mind laying a tackle, he can be useful in a slogfest.

That said I'd only have him in if Brown is sore and needs a rest (his knees have copped a battering recently) and even then I'd be tempted to bring in Wood for a more flexible forward line and let Drew pinch hit in the ruck if necessary.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-03/key-roo-petrie-looks-for-oneyear-extension-to-contract

Casley also manages Petrie's teammates Brent Harvey and Majak Daw, who both also come out of contract at the end of the season.

Daw has played just one senior game this season, in round 14 against Gold Coast, and 15 in total in six years at Arden Street.

The forward/ruckman has been outstanding for Werribee in the VFL this season, kicking 23 goals in 14 games, but has been unable to displace Petrie, Jarrad Waite and Ben Brown in North's team, while Aaron Black was preferred to him when the Roos last had to replace one of their first-choice tall trio in round 16.

Casley has spoken with North about Daw's future but does not envisage a decision will be made until the end of the season.

"Certainly I've had some talks with North regarding Majak, and obviously from our point of view it's been frustrating for Maj not being able to break into the side," he said.

"He's had a pretty solid year in the VFL so I think where it's at is that we'll sit down at the end of the year and see how he finishes the year and see how he fits in with the Kangaroos going forward.

"He's just got to keep playing good footy."

Hmmmmm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back