Delisted #11: Will "Meatball" Snelling - Delisted 25/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Incorrect decision from my perspective but admit I may view him with rose coloured glasses
I think not trading Shiel and retaining Heppell made it impossible for him to stay

Whilst some people won't be happy, which I understand, it's absolutely the right decision made.
Easily got the most out of himself a couple of years ago which reflected in how finished in the Crichton.

Thanks Snello, I'll never forget those little kicks that went no further than 8 metres and how you hated shooting for goal.

Suspect us landing Duursma was the final nail for him but you can't help but respect him carving out a career based purely on hard work, hard running and doing a job.

All credit to him for getting the most out of himself.

Have said it before, but he was our Brady Rawlings, who said at the North B&F..." If I'm up here again next year, we're in trouble"..

If Essendon is going anywhere next year, Snelliing should've been nowhere near getting a game, and that's not meant as a slight on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was nearly the first on his band wagon and have been a fan but the reality is his form over the last two seasons has not been great. Certainly not at the 2021 level. Last year never got going after his injuries and this year he struggled to do what he had previously.

Was a good serviceman of the club, always gave his all. Still young so could get a chance somewhere.

Unfortunately he was a product of the bygone Truck era - bringing in VFL/SANFL players and trying to emulate the Richmond formula of turning them into consistent AFL contributors.

Wish him the best, but a sign that we're getting serious with the list.

I was nearly the first on his band wagon

Of course you were. You're the first in everything Essendon related. You're the Oracle.

Of course you were. You're the first in everything Essendon related. You're the Oracle.
Being first is not always right. Sometimes it equates to being the first dumb ass. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back