Player Watch #12: David Astbury - Has decided to retire

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a nice deal. Your creativity at work, or something you've heard?
Totally my imagination, But i keep gettingknocked back for the list managment job at Richmond because i dont rate francis jackson

I told him back in the day , This kid fyffe is a good player and would become a good foward - FJ No his too skinny and too short for a ff
Heppell , No again didnt rate him and hated his haie stle saying he's a wanna be Dale Thomas
I said we need a big bodied inside mid , Again No He wanted bloody john lennon's kid

What els can i do, Im going to Cartoon maybe they will appreciate my opinion :oops:

Totally my imagination, But i keep gettingknocked back for the list managment job at Richmond because i dont rate francis jackson

I told him back in the day , This kid fyffe is a good player and would become a good foward - FJ No his too skinny and too short for a ff
Heppell , No again didnt rate him and hated his haie stle saying he's a wanna be Dale Thomas
I said we need a big bodied inside mid , Again No He wanted bloody john lennon's kid

What els can i do, Im going to Cartoon maybe they will appreciate my opinion :oops:
Dude, don't even talk about that s**t. You know that however bad it may be, it's still better than being a Carlton fan

Apart from Dave's slow thinking and leg speed. His other issue is his Centre of Mass when he bends down low . It's so awkward and top heavy that it puts pressure on his legs or at most causes him topple over. Probably the major reason to his injuries
It was a discussion point in his first year at Coburg and he's still falling over too often for a big guy
Dave has too many negatives than pluses and I cannot see how we would miss him bc there are better VFL or state players that could offer us better

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from Dave's slow thinking and leg speed. His other issue is his Centre of Mass when he bends down low . It's so awkward and top heavy that it puts pressure on his legs or at most causes him topple over. Probably the major reason to his injuries
It was a discussion point in his first year at Coburg and he's still falling over too often for a big guy
Dave has too many negatives than pluses and I cannot see how we would miss him bc there are better VFL or state players that could offer us better

But but but we anointed him with the number 12 was gonna be the next richo

Dave was 35 in 2009...not even restricted. Wasn't delisted, so if he is gone, a swap of something had to happen, yes?

We have a certain 2xAA who had that same problem...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back