Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

think he was referring to the Eagles lawyer. Funny how this thread turned into a love fest about that one game against Carlton.

And I love the comments, He bleeds blue and white, loves the club, hada hada hada. Show me any interview where one of our players has dissed the club and said how they don't want to be there!

Love that play against Geelong. More of that and less of the snipping s**t on the weekend. If that was a player on any other team you lot would be on their board saying what a snipping bastard he is. Funny how one week people say how football should all be about the attack on the ball and the next week praising behind the play pick offs!

We better not change the team until all the young guys have had 100 games to develop into so so players

What an absolute load of rubbish. Go and have a proper look at the incident against Reid and then report back.
Oh and by the way learn to spell while you are away. The word is sniping.

A part from the silly diving got to love the way he goes about his footy has a never say die attitude.
Fast becoming one of the most hated players in the league but if anything that just shows that north are starting to go places:)

What I love about Lindsay is the way he acknowledges the goal assists almost every time he kicks a goal. A lot of players are too eager to play to the crowd and take the glory. Lindsay is humble enough to appreciate his team mates. I think that's why his team mates are genuinely excited to see him do well. The bloke is heart and soul NMFC.

As for Brad Scott's comments, one day someone will write the full story. If people only knew what Lindsay has gone through in his life, there'd be a lot less haters.

I thought that was one of the great contests of last year. Both players with eyes only on the footy. Interestingly from 2 blokes that somehow have a reputation for being soft. Buggered if I know why since I can't remember Thomas shirking contests (admittedly I don't see that much of North) and Mackie's generally very courageous.

It's also impressive how he came back from the yips a couple of years ago. I can understand why he's hated by opposition supporters. Doesn't mind a chirp on the ground, is infuriatingly good at drawing free kicks and is just a really good player. I can imagine he'd be a prick to play against but there's nothing wrong with that.

Just as a favour do you reckon you could put him in a Hawks jumper for the weekend and we can just tell Enright he's playing on Rioli again? He wouldn't get near it all day if that's the case.

EDIT: I should add that the stuff about him deserving a suspension this week was a complete joke. Surely we're not soft enough to suspend blokes over accidental head clashes. If anyone should be in trouble for that it should be Harry O for going at a bloke who was clearly shaken from the clash of heads.

I thought that was one of the great contests of last year. Both players with eyes only on the footy. Interestingly from 2 blokes that somehow have a reputation for being soft. Buggered if I know why since I can't remember Thomas shirking contests (admittedly I don't see that much of North) and Mackie's generally very courageous.

It's also impressive how he came back from the yips a couple of years ago. I can understand why he's hated by opposition supporters. Doesn't mind a chirp on the ground, is infuriatingly good at drawing free kicks and is just a really good player. I can imagine he'd be a prick to play against but there's nothing wrong with that.

Just as a favour do you reckon you could put him in a Hawks jumper for the weekend and we can just tell Enright he's playing on Rioli again? He wouldn't get near it all day if that's the case.

EDIT: I should add that the stuff about him deserving a suspension this week was a complete joke. Surely we're not soft enough to suspend blokes over accidental head clashes. If anyone should be in trouble for that it should be Harry O for going at a bloke who was clearly shaken from the clash of heads.

1) Lindsay has always had heart. Staging for free kicks is a different matter, but it has nothing to do with softness unless you are an imbecile that actually buys in to the act yourself.

2) I wouldn't have a clue whether Mackie was soft or not, I don't care either way, and he's not up for discussion in this thread anyway.

3) Couldn't give a * either way about Corey Enright. I prefer it if he doesn't get a kick at all. Likewise with Mackie, he's not up for discussion in this thread.

think he was referring to the Eagles lawyer.

Yes I know. It was a joke, and an opportunity to see if you could resist spewing out your utter crap whenever LT's raised around here.

The rest of your post was all the evidence required.

My kids were stalking him while he he was at the zoo with his family yesterday. Good on him for taking time out to have a chat to them and have a couple of photos taken.

I was at work, and my wife apparently led with the line "You're Lindsay Thomas aren't you??"........

He is a really nice guy if you get the opportunity to talk to him. I wish he wouldn't stage for free kicks because I think he is a good enough player without getting cheap free kicks, but he goes in hard for the ball and doesn't shirk it and isn't soft as butter like most other small forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What most frustrated me about LT when he arrived at the club was that (it appeared to men anyway) he wasn't a hard worker, on game days and in training. He looked like he was cutting corners.
I give him full credit for turning that around and becoming a dedicated professional player.
He deserves full credit for his efforts.

Some time ago I posted how well LT has handled himself with everything that's come his way over the last few years and i just want to say it again.

Off the top of my head he's cured the yips, received a crap suspension, handled the Rohan saga and again this week been smashed over the Reid bump. LT's mental strength to accept to continue to play good footy is a credit to how stong of a character he is.

I checked some stats because I can't believe how little credit he does get in the media, in his last 20 games he has kicked 3 goals or more on 9 occasions and 2 in 6 others.

The bloke is a gun and i'm so glad he plays for North!!!!
If this ^^ OP doesn't get likes from EVERY BF NORTH POSTER I will go crazy! LT has been (apart from maybe Swallow) our most consistent player since '11.
Get a life if you think otherwise...

Come At Me Haters!

826002-lindsay-thomas.jpg

Got Balls?

As for Brad Scott's comments, one day someone will write the full story. If people only knew what Lindsay has gone through in his life, there'd be a lot less haters.
Knock yourself out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back