Player Watch #13: Darcy Tucker

Remove this Banner Ad

Tucker was never meant to the answer for us. He was brought in by clarko to be a stock gape and there to create competition and set the standard for your player such as ford and Taylor.
Yes I do have a personal bias towards him but he obviously isn’t the answer long term hence he was given a 3 year as clarko knows he is going to be there and Be consistent enough until someone like ford is good enough to permanently take his spot. He will be a consistent starter next year

He's not great but this felt like his best game for us. He went in hard many times which is all you can ask for.
Agree. Was his best game for us. Saved two goals directly with desperation and worked his arse off all game to provide an outlet and mostly used it well. Was part of some nice attacking chains. He is a good ordinary player and right now we need plenty more of those.

God I hate the way he kicks the ball. Just wanted to let that out
Legitimately one of the most robotic actions I’ve ever seen.

Like he has to consciously think through every kick.

The reason Tucker divides opinion is because he is one of the very few that works hard from contest to contest.

Because he is actually putting himself in positions to get the ball all we see our the errors. The other duds we have don’t work hard enough to get the contest as much as Tucker so they don’t have the opportunity to * up.

Yes it’s not ideal, but until others are prepared to work to contest to contest, then he most likely will continue to get games.

Has their been a more one sided player to every where the Royal blue and white stripes? Consistently turns into traffic to get to his left.

Will be squeezed out of the side by Easter next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not bailey Scott?

We're taking the p155 as usual. Unfortunately for LMac he pinged his hammy and can't take part this year to collect his 3k AFL bonus.

Pretty sure the clubs offer it to the players and one who needs extra tickets takes it (as they get free tickets for participating). One of the ex sprinters said as much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back