Preview Round 13 Changes v orange team Sunday June 11 3:20pm @blundstone

Remove this Banner Ad

Recent matches suggest they won't bat much deeper than Green, Coniglio, Callaghan and Ward as far as on-ballers go though.

View attachment 1708190
Ward and Callaghan stepped up the last 2 weeks in Kelly's absence. Callaghan looks good.

I reckon they could be tough to beat in there, especially with 3 of our best missing in the guts.

I love the backing of our youth this week. They're going to lead us for the next decade or so.

im also dissapointed for Cunners. I absolutely love the guy. I thought for sure with Greenwood out they'd need a senior body in there.
But I have absolute faith in our future midfield brigade.

A treasure trove of info cheers!

For North

• LDU and Simpkin clearly our top 2 choices atm (which makes the recent run of form even impressive given significant absences)
  • Troubling signs for the Cunners if he couldn't crack more than 38% center square time in his last game. Might need to reinvent himself as a forward to be able to crack into the seniors again given the likely improvement, and therefore more reliance, of Wardlaw, Phillips and Thomas in the center as well as the returns of Simpkin and LDU.
  • Since the start of the season Greenwood and Shiels have generally assumed more responsibility largely at the expense of Powell and Zurhaar.

Some healthy competition is brewing.

Arthur Jones (WB) had 0 disposals and 6 tackles tonight. Imagine, if Phoenix turned in a performance like that or us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
And I can guarantee he won't be dropped and that Spicer could grab 6 tackles and 5 disposals and people would still be calling for him to be dropped and delisted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arthur Jones (WB) had 0 disposals and 6 tackles tonight. Imagine, if Phoenix turned in a performance like that or us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If that was Spicer half the board would be saying that was a good game.

Spicer is in his 3rd season and has only had more than 6 tackles once.

Jones has four goals this season. Spicer in 3 season's has never kicked 1.

people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Hopefully lots of Thomas and Sheezel in the middle. But also expect some Zurhaar, given that Cunners and Hugh are out.

People who live in glass houses shouldn’t run around in the nude.

Shark Tank Writing GIF

You don't develop young players by punishing them for not being perfect.

I think that the coaches would be telling Spicer that they want him to focus on forward pressure and not worry about goals. They will come with time.

The last couple of weeks he has been excellent at that. Even drawing praise from the coach. That's why he gets another game.

If, in the meantime, he gets comfortable and starts sneaking goals then we have found ourselves a pretty good small forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back