Past #14: Gavin Urquhart - delisted at end 11 season, re-listed as rookie, re-de-listed at end '12 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot on, the new and improved Urquart needs to be a human wrecking ball. He's as strong as they come. Needs to throw his weight around, get the ball, then run through 2 or 3 c**** and kick long off HB. Just needs to play like an absolute bull, no regard for his own person.

The most ironic thing out of all this is that the attributes he does possess, have been an ongoing need since he arrived at the club. ...the ****ing irony!!

I hear ya OE! Echoes of Laidley getting excited about the possibility of Urqs and JWS on the wings.

**** this kicking it long s**t, i just want him to come out of defence and hit some targets, that is how he would get a half back flank position.

It is so damn hard to hit a target accurately at 50m+ especially with the pace of the game. Just need smart users who stick the ball out on front of a team mate 30m away and let them run onto it without breaking stride, why is this so much to ask?

Just need smart users who stick the ball out on front of a team mate 30m away and let them run onto it without breaking stride, why is this so much to ask?

Seriously? Is it that ****ing hard? We all share in the pain. But Tas, Urqs main feature is that he does this over the greater distances, more than anyone...at training.

**** it, I'm willing to blame urquart for all our problems. The lock down defender, the 90m player out of defense, the laser kick out, pace in the back half. Hell, if Urqs comes good we could be flag threats this year.

Seriously? Is it that ****ing hard? We all share in the pain. But Tas, Urqs main feature is that he does this over the greater distances, more than anyone...at training.

**** it, I'm willing to blame urquart for all our problems. The lock down defender, the 90m player out of defense, the laser kick out, pace in the back half. Hell, if Urqs comes good we could be flag threats this year.

I am not convince the superboot theory is anything more than a BF myth, i do not recall a single game where he kicked long and accurately consistently. Having range without accuracy the way the game is played is useless. Being able to nail one in five or whatever is not going to cut the mustard unless you are going to rack up 50+ disposals.

It is a bit like the legendary BF Cunnington handball which everyone believes he is going to nail handpasses like that all the time. :p I am sure Gav has some good long-kick highlights but i remember sitting on the wing in one game and in the first quarter he put three balls out in my direction, and I wasn't on a lead. :p

If you are a good long range kick you should be deadly accurate short-range because it is all about being able to judge the speed and angle someone is running and the ability to judge and weight the ball so you put the ball out where the player will be without changing direction or speed. It is fairly easy to do without any pressure, it is hard thing to pull off under the pump and/or fatigued and each meter the player is away makes it that much harder to be able to judge and execute.

So rather than him being an iffy long-range kick, he should become a fantastic short range kick because that is what you need to break through a press, when guys lead into space they don't have much time or space so you need short accurate kicks and once through the press we are on and the opposition is exposed.

Once he is flawless at short-range he can work on extending his range when necessary. Atm trying to get a guy who is struggling to get a game to try and be an expert in one of the hardest facets of footy is asking a lot.

Spot on, the new and improved Urquart needs to be a human wrecking ball. He's as strong as they come. Needs to throw his weight around, get the ball, then run through 2 or 3 c**** and kick long off HB. Just needs to play like an absolute bull, no regard for his own person.

The most ironic thing out of all this is that the attributes he does possess, have been an ongoing need since he arrived at the club. ...the ****ing irony!!
Urquhart? Strong as they come?

Sorry, no.

****ing yes. he used to be one of the top bench pressers at the club, not sure where he sits now. He's a power athlete. May not have the heart of Ziebell but as far as muscle strength goes he'd be pound for pound one of the clubs strongest.
Not sure who you are confusing him with :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have seen Hansen and Thomas there numerous times as well. LT with the pram and Lachie walking around with a smile on his face...

Yeh saw LT with his mrs and im assuming brother inlaw, with stroller in hand too.

I am not convince the superboot theory is anything more than a BF myth, i do not recall a single game where he kicked long and accurately consistently. Having range without accuracy the way the game is played is useless. Being able to nail one in five or whatever is not going to cut the mustard unless you are going to rack up 50+ disposals.

It is a bit like the legendary BF Cunnington handball which everyone believes he is going to nail handpasses like that all the time. :p I am sure Gav has some good long-kick highlights but i remember sitting on the wing in one game and in the first quarter he put three balls out in my direction, and I wasn't on a lead. :p

If you are a good long range kick you should be deadly accurate short-range because it is all about being able to judge the speed and angle someone is running and the ability to judge and weight the ball so you put the ball out where the player will be without changing direction or speed. It is fairly easy to do without any pressure, it is hard thing to pull off under the pump and/or fatigued and each meter the player is away makes it that much harder to be able to judge and execute.

So rather than him being an iffy long-range kick, he should become a fantastic short range kick because that is what you need to break through a press, when guys lead into space they don't have much time or space so you need short accurate kicks and once through the press we are on and the opposition is exposed.

Once he is flawless at short-range he can work on extending his range when necessary. Atm trying to get a guy who is struggling to get a game to try and be an expert in one of the hardest facets of footy is asking a lot.

Agreed, last time Gav played a decent game, the forward press/zone didn't exist and long kicks to a target were easier. These days, those long kicks tend to go to a contest as the zone is in place. I'm also not convinced he's a great user of the footy, I might have been sitting near you on the wing that day, almost took a screamer from Row G.......

The team:

http://www.facebook.com/TheSoCalCoyotes

About
The SoCal Coyotes, champions of the Pacific West Football League, are a AAA Professional Franchise located in Southern California. Quarterback Nate Lewis and Head Coach J. David Miller are the Western Football News Player and Coach of the Year.
Description
The SoCal Coyotes, champions of the Pacific West Football League, are a AAA Professional Franchise located in Southern California. They open their season December 8 in a historic battle with the Arizona Flying Dutchmen on legendary Catalina Island in the Pac West Kickoff Classic.

It will be the first professional game of any kind ever played on the island, and the Coyotes will be greeted by the
Mayor and City Council as they step off the boat. The Coyotes will be the first pro sports organization of any kind to step foot on the island since the Chicago Cubs played there in 1951,

The hungry Coyotes broke every first-year record for any expansion franchise in history before losing the FWFA national title 23-20 to the proud New Mexico Titans in Las Vegas, NV.

The Pac-West Champion Coyotes serve the community with pride and passion, and set quality examples on the field, in the office and within the community. The Coyote organization exceeds fans' expectations by demonstrating the highest character, appreciation and respect for the game.

The Coyotes were the first PWFL expansion team to win a championship, outscoring opponents 251-90. In 2012, the team beat the defending national champions, the defending league champions and a conference champion.

The Coyotes are proud to feature the Run 'n' Shoot offense, the most prolific attack in the Pacific West Football League. SoCal favors the "pure" Run 'n' Shoot, based on the teachings of Darrel "Mouse" Davis, who created the offense 30 years ago. Davis is a frequent consultant to the team and personally authored the Coyote playbook.

Currently, the Coyotes hold every offensive record in the PWFL, and scored more than 40 points four times in its first season, and more than 50 twice. SoCal finished the year with 5,212 yards in total offense.

Doubtful he'll make it, as for the vfl of the NFL, that's College or CFL, it's a great country though, much maligned but really should be on top of everyone's travel destinations. And its not gridiron it's American Football, mods please correct thread title.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back