Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

What ended up happening with that taxi incident? Was Trent convicted?

With the sub rule being abolished the 22nd player will go back to being a guy that can get 20 touches a game, rather than a burst small forward etc.

Dumont is in our best team for Rnd 1 because of the above imo

The fact he can also play as a half forward almost makes him a lock.

This is our prelim final team.

B

• Michael Firrito,
  • Scott D. Thompson,
  • Shaun Atley
HB

• Lachlan Hansen,
  • Robbie Tarrant,
  • Sam Gibson
C

• Sam Wright,
  • Jack Ziebell,
  • Ben Jacobs
HF

• Shaun Higgins,
  • Drew Petrie,
  • Nick Dal Santo
F

• Taylor Garner,
  • Jarrad Waite,
  • Brent Harvey
Fol

• Todd Goldstein,
  • Andrew Swallow,
  • Jamie Macmillan
I/C

• Ben Cunnington,
  • Kayne Turner,
  • Ben Brown
Sub

• Lindsay Thomas
Assuming Wells comes in, and maybe Anderson. Who does Dumont replace?

This is our prelim final team.

B

• Michael Firrito,
  • Scott D. Thompson,
  • Shaun Atley
HB

• Lachlan Hansen,
  • Robbie Tarrant,
  • Sam Gibson
C

• Sam Wright,
  • Jack Ziebell,
  • Ben Jacobs
HF

• Shaun Higgins,
  • Drew Petrie,
  • Nick Dal Santo
F

• Taylor Garner,
  • Jarrad Waite,
  • Brent Harvey
Fol

• Todd Goldstein,
  • Andrew Swallow,
  • Jamie Macmillan
I/C

• Ben Cunnington,
  • Kayne Turner,
  • Ben Brown
Sub

• Lindsay Thomas
Assuming Wells comes in, and maybe Anderson. Who does Dumont replace?
nb4 Gibson

Maybe, but if it hasn't happened yet, why will it happen next year?

Also, with Scott's move to get Gibson as a defensive player in the finals, and it being so effective (Ellis, Jetta, Gaff) i think he is still best 22.

Is it possible that he only play when we require a second tagger?
Horses for courses type stuff?

I'm not all that comfy with playing two taggers each week. Far too defensive and will get found out by the midfields that bat deep. Eg Hawks, Sydney.

Worked well last year but it won't take coaches long to work out how to exploit it.

Is it possible that he only play when we require a second tagger?
Horses for courses type stuff?

I'm not all that comfy with playing two taggers each week. Far too defensive and will get found out by the midfields that bat deep. Eg Hawks, Sydney.

Worked well last year but it won't take coaches long to work out how to exploit it.
Sydney didn't bat deep when we beat them at home.

Trent really deserves a solid run at it this year.. The glimpses he showed as sub, as well as his performances in the 2s has warranted a call-up for mine. Not to mention the shocking performances of Swallow and Cunnington on the weekend... He can't take his opportunities if he isn't given any.

By my calculations by this weekend he will have played one competitive game in 5 full weeks (happy to be corrected on that one). Not sure why, injury? underdone? other transport related factors? Would have been handy to bring in against the dogs if he had played games and had the opportunity to be in form. More than a little confused on this one......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injury insurance I guess.

Swallow won't play long into his 30's IMHO. Has slowed immensely and I don't think he has the frame to do what he does for as long as some guys do.

kennedy-harris

froggy not yet 21
lets get real nm will have to be v lucky to avoid mid injury so he will get a shot if he performs

What's the priority at the moment, winning games or pumping games into kids who aren't best 22.

Obviously the former, but also getting games into kids that might make us a better 22 this year. Whether he is that remains to be seen somewhat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back