Retired #16: Tayte Pears - Has announced his retirement - 8/9

Remove this Banner Ad

i reckon they should get all the players to take turns at umpirinng the scratch matches so they learn where the umpires would be positioned so as best to get free kicks from the bastards
That would assume they already know where to run. What players would get out of it is an appreciation of how difficult umpiring footy is which may lead to a more professional reaction to s**t decisions.

Just wondering why Pears can't get a regular game? Is it him or you guys are well stocked in defence?
Pears has been injured most of the last few years. Others, such as Hooker, Hurley and Carlisle moved past him in rhe pecking order. When he has come back, he's been pretty poor in one-on-ones from what I've seen, but his decision making started to come back late last year I thought.

Just wondering why Pears can't get a regular game? Is it him or you guys are well stocked in defence?

Hasn't quite grasped the idea of how much intensity and aggression one needs to make it as a consistent league player.

Not the first and won't be the last to work this critical part out.

Hasn't quite grasped the idea of how much intensity and aggression one needs to make it as a consistent league player.

No, he's just had a truckload of injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chicken and egg. Pears lacks fire because he lacks confidence in his body because of all the injuries.

Survival of the fittest and all that ...but he has had a wretched run with leg injuries though.

When Prismall injured his spleen they had to cut up his guts. Seems like that has done him for good, probably lost all core strength and conditioning.

Injuries are no excuse. When you play you're ready to fire.

Pears lacks fire.
When he's spent more weeks in the injury room than on a field since his 2nd year, I'd say that's a fair reason.

Pears would be an ideal 3rd defender in this day and age. At his absolute best taking guys like Goodes, Gunston, Mayne, Crameri/Stringer, Darling would be his go.

He has shown he cn shutdown a player but also rebound albeit a long long time ago now, playign for his career hopefully it brings at the best in him.

Pears would be an ideal 3rd defender in this day and age. At his absolute best taking guys like Goodes, Gunston, Mayne, Crameri/Stringer, Darling would be his go.

He has shown he cn shutdown a player but also rebound albeit a long long time ago now, playign for his career hopefully it brings at the best in him.
I agree, hopefully he can sort out his body this season and take over from Fletch at the end of the year.

Tayte didn't play in the VFL practice game at the weekend, according to efcboy. I wonder if he's got an injury yet again.

The club had ruled him out previously - still building his fitness base prior to return. Haven't heard of any setback - just taking a cautious approach I'd suggest

I'll tell you what, if he continues to play that lead-up game well I'd love to see whether he can reproduce that at senior level.
Is it a similar role to what Ambrose is playing in the 1s? More of a genuine goal kicking target or what?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back