Retired #16: Tayte Pears - Has announced his retirement - 8/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Pears return was discussed on Sports tonight, though the consensus was moving Hurley forward. Looks like St Kilda will bring in McCartin to stretch our defence.

I am still leaning towards Steinberg or Gwilt playing forward.

Pears return was discussed on Sports tonight, though the consensus was moving Hurley forward. Looks like St Kilda will bring in McCartin to stretch our defence.

I am still leaning towards Steinberg or Gwilt playing forward.

Well if Steinberg or Gwilt were to play forward I would just as soon, in fact I'd prefer to, see Pears play.

How about Morabito?
Menzel?
Xavier Ellis Hawthorn

How do these clubs manage their lists keeping injured crocks on there.

Once again more horseshit backed by zero fact.

Never realised that Pears 8 years on the list, O'Brien and Kavanagh 4 years, Browne and Steinberg 5 years on the list for limited return was horse-s**t.

Its a fact.

Never realised that Pears 8 years on the list, O'Brien and Kavanagh 4 years, Browne and Steinberg 5 years on the list for limited return was horse-s**t.

Its a fact.

Hawthorn:

Woodward 4 years on the list 2 games
Jed Anderson 4 years 10 games
Litherland 6 years on the list 12 games
Simpkin 28 years old 37 games.

Every club gives kids a decent chance to succeed. We are not unique. We are no different.

Its a fact.
The crucial difference here is that before injury, Pears was best 22.

The guy can play.

The crucial difference here is that before injury, Pears was best 22.

The guy can play.

Pears has played enough footy in the last two years to be selected for the AFL if his form was good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. I think he was always a tall flanker and that he should have been developed accordingly. His body has not dealt with the rigor of footy and putting 10kgs on him in an off-season (09 to 10) will not have helped that.

It's one thing to pinch hit as a tall with some success and another thing entirely to build your body to the point that you can do it each week.

Ideally he would have developed into a Ben Stratton type with more run imo

Heard he went alright today. Is it worth giving him a game in the seniors so we can delist him at the end of the year without wondering?

Heard he went alright today. Is it worth giving him a game in the seniors so we can delist him at the end of the year without wondering?
Not really. Played defence and wouldn't be ahead of any of the ones last night.

I don't watch VFL. But would you be comfortable with his delisting at the end of the year (presuming current form continues)?
Yeah, I can't see him doing much further down the track.

Makes you wonder what happened.

Can a player lose so much through injury, or were peoples perceptions clouded a bit by him getting an above average few games, and us seeing what we wanted to see in a young bloke.

I think Bruno nailed it, he put on too much weight to handle the big key forwards, when he was perfect for a 3rd tall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back