Traded #17: Jake Melksham - Traded to Melbourne for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly can't see what traits he has that will ensure he will be able to be a Best 22 player. In theory he has some, but he shows very little of it on a regular basis.

Should be given the same treatment as other returning players (not stars) and get a a couple of weeks at VFL level. If he doesn't perform, then he stays there and honestly should be on the trade table at seasons end as he has not developed. A second chance elsewhere might be best for him.

Either comes in for Howlett or spends a couple of weeks in the VFL.

Would like to see him dominate a few VFL games before being rewarded at AFL level.

Either comes in for Howlett or spends a couple of weeks in the VFL.

Would like to see him dominate a few VFL games before being rewarded at AFL level.

or spends the rest of the year in the VFL and is not offered a new contract.

This is the guy that, I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain, has never missed a game not through injury under Hird.

Big test for Hirdy coming up.
You are wrong, he missed the 2013 ANZAC day match. But he hasn't missed many.

This would be my preference, but Hird is in love with him for whatever reason.

Bomber dropped him around this time last year and he couldn't get a kick at VFL level. Someone above made a great call - he has a few good traits 'in theory'. He just has never seemed to put it together.

Would be interesting to see if he was offered another opportunity. Very interesting.

What does he have going from him that a quality state league player (e.g. Coghlan) doesn't? 100 games of experience and a fleeting ability to nail a kick over 50m is about it.

Would be interesting to see if he was offered another opportunity. Very interesting.

What does he have going from him that a quality state league player (e.g. Coghlan) doesn't? 100 games of experience and a fleeting ability to nail a kick over 50m is about it.
Would the fact that there are a few older players going save him?
What trade value would he have?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No need to call them s**t trucks. 1 game, let alone 100 games of AFL is a pretty god damn good effort regardless of their skill level or what you personally perceive to be ''s**t''

Remove this Banner Ad

Back