Preview 1st Semi-Final – GWS Giants vs West Coast Eagles, Saturday 16th September, Spotless Stadium, 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

What did I say about Stevie :$
Never saw that coming from him.

Wilson was tremendous as was cogs.

Lobb was really good I thought. Injury to Mumford a blessing in disguise.

Question will be does de boer come out if Devon is fit?

f867d3d1d0515985758aa161ed013c32.gif

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Congratulations guys and appreciate the send off given by the fans and players to Priddis, Mitchell and Petrie at the end.

Wish you all the best against the Tigers, it will be a ground swell of Tigers support but the great thing about this prelim, like last year against the Bulldogs, is that it will be either fresh blood in the Grand Final or a team that hasn't been there for 3 decades. Great outcome.

Deledio vs. Richmond and Dangerfield vs. Adelaide in the Prelims.

Last edited:
I am actually really really disappointed in Giants fans tonight. Could have been the last game of the season.

Why not turn up.

If we make the grand final it is going to be embarrassing numbers :(

If we can only get that number at a final at home what would we get to a GF ? 1000 ?

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am actually really really disappointed in Giants fans tonight. Could have been the last game of the season.

Why not turn up.

If we make the grand final it is going to be embarrassing numbers :(

If we can only get that number at a final at home what would we get to a GF ? 1000 ?

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

May as well tell the corporates to stay away and play it at Skilled if against the Cats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting Toby Greene is wearing a protective guard around his midriff.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's playing with a cracked rib.

The bloke is hard as nails.

There was a time in the second qtr i think where he copped a big hit and was sucking in big breaths for a while after. Pretty good chance he broke something in rd23, hopefully he doesnt get targeted.

What an amazing win! I know, I know... the Eagles aren't exactly a 2017 superpower, but they are a side we've notoriously struggled against in our short history.

Even when we had our breakout win against them earlier this year, it was a massive grind and we were pretty lucky overall. So, to say I thought we'd win in a canter would be a complete lie!

I was very comfortable that the boys would get a win, but never did I think it would be by eleven goals! It was one of the most impressive and complete displays I've ever seen.

What a huge Preliminary Final coming up! Richmond was manic in its pressure on the Geelong players last week. I've never seen a team play with such ferocity in my short time watching AFL.

I am concerned with just how we will be able to handle that pressure, should Richmond replicate such a manner of style. The boys do struggle when severe heat in applied.

Combine that ferocity with 90,000+ crazy Richmond fans cheering on their side and I'm sure it will be real tough for our boys. It will be an intimidating environment and one which really test the boys' mental resolve.

However, if the boys can get past Richmond, I am actually quite confident we can take it right up to either Adelaide or Geelong at the big dance.

It's going to be a huge week, and an additional element of having Lids' 250th game, against his old club, in such an important game. It will be interesting to see just how well received Lids is by the Richmond faithful.

I think we can win. However, we'll need to be at our absolute best. We will have to win the clearances and make sure that we're clean with our disposal.

If Richmond come with manic pressure and a game style to bully and stifle, it is going to be a long night if the boys can't absorb it early.

Go Giants!

If we can play like that next week, with that intensity, I think there's a fair chance we'll be playing at the MCG the following week.
Yeah, tend to agree, I left the damn GF allocation mail at home, any chance someone could take a pic of the category prices for me, tossing up how to roll the trip if we were to make it..

What an amazing win! I know, I know... the Eagles aren't exactly a 2017 superpower, but they are a side we've notoriously struggled against in our short history.

Even when we had our breakout win against them earlier this year, it was a massive grind and we were pretty lucky overall. So, to say I thought we'd win in a canter would be a complete lie!

I was very comfortable that the boys would get a win, but never did I think it would be by eleven goals! It was one of the most impressive and complete displays I've ever seen.

What a huge Preliminary Final coming up! Richmond was manic in its pressure on the Geelong players last week. I've never seen a team play with such ferocity in my short time watching AFL.

I am concerned with just how we will be able to handle that pressure, should Richmond replicate such a manner of style. The boys do struggle when severe heat in applied.

Combine that ferocity with 90,000+ crazy Richmond fans cheering on their side and I'm sure it will be real tough for our boys. It will be an intimidating environment and one which really test the boys' mental resolve.

However, if the boys can get past Richmond, I am actually quite confident we can take it right up to either Adelaide or Geelong at the big dance.

It's going to be a huge week, and an additional element of having Lids' 250th game, against his old club, in such an important game. It will be interesting to see just how well received Lids is by the Richmond faithful.

I think we can win. However, we'll need to be at our absolute best. We will have to win the clearances and make sure that we're clean with our disposal.

If Richmond come with manic pressure and a game style to bully and stifle, it is going to be a long night if the boys can't absorb it early.

Go Giants!
Good win tonight however I thought west coast applied little to no pressure, still you can only beat what's put in front of you. As for lids, if this game was a normal home and away game I wouldn't expect much vitriol towards him or if it was it would be good natured. However with the huge stakes in this game we will try and create the most hostile environment you can imagine and he will get booed along with a host of your players. Don't take it personally, we would be rabid to whoever we played next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back