Preview 1st Semi-Final – GWS Giants vs West Coast Eagles, Saturday 16th September, Spotless Stadium, 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

So..... Stevie J.....

Does he get another game given he's so obviously cooked?

I can see him scunging 2-3 goals against Richmond.

The risk on him will be against Adelaide in the grand final.

Leon Cameron might drop him for Jeremy Cameron if he comes up fit to play.

So happy to see him out there after half time. I was really worried after seeing him flat on the ground and stumbling off.
Haynes too dlanod. I thought we may have lost him for a bit there. Great courage.

Also did you guys see DeBoars tackle on the 4th. Right in front of me on the wing, 70 points up, body on the line. Hope that gets shown to the boys during the week

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

But those free tickets help convert people into three game memberships, which help convert them into full memberships, of which I'm sure you're fully aware.
Yes yes I know :) I'm just a little disappointed in the numbers last night and I'm trying to manufacture ways to make them seem better haha

Yes yes I know :) I'm just a little disappointed in the numbers last night and I'm trying to manufacture ways to make them seem better haha

Was always generational mate.

We didnt have an open slather to this town and the club that did took 30 years(they were a fully formed club over 100 years old as well)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I was at the game with a friend, and he was chatting with a friend of his who is a Foundation member and said that one reason for the low crowd was a lot of members are really angry at the club.

Anyone able to shed light on this?
* off.

Why would you ordain to speak to a plastic non club with no supporters?

Flog.

I was at the game with a friend, and he was chatting with a friend of his who is a Foundation member and said that one reason for the low crowd was a lot of members are really angry at the club.

Anyone able to shed light on this?
Can't imagine what he was talking about? Club is great to it's members. We get heaps of access through the year to the club and players and match day is one of the best going around. Just need more to come and experience it. Only knock I have is there is a 200 Club that offers extra experiences and access to club allocation of finals tickets, including GF. The second and last 200 Club event changed date at the very last minute and a little underwhelming compared to last year, but still ok. The first event was really good.

Can't imagine what he was talking about? Club is great to it's members. We get heaps of access through the year to the club and players and match day is one of the best going around. Just need more to come and experience it. Only knock I have is there is a 200 Club that offers extra experiences and access to club allocation of finals tickets, including GF. The second and last 200 Club event changed date at the very last minute and a little underwhelming compared to last year, but still ok. The first event was really good.

Interesting. My friend asked the guy for more info but didnt get a response.

Will have to chase him up.

Cheers.

I figured either of you may have some idea about the rift between the members and the club.
No, I can't imagine why. I'm not angry or disappointed with the club in any way, and haven't got any scent of any issues. Strange - he didn't say anything more than that?

Back to the game, fantastic display across the park by everyone. That intensity from the midfield is what we need to continue to keep winning games, and the change of team selection to a mobile team put us back into the running mode - both attack and defence - that has been most successful for us in the past. Really liked the games from Ward, Cogs, Shiel, Whitfield, Wilson & Corr last night, but really can't complain about anyone as they all contributed. Was discussing with my son at half time that Stevie J was writing himself out of future games with three possessions - then at 2 goals in 3 minutes we said 'ugh, that will probably get him back in the team' then he kept on going! But great theatre with the 'Stevie' chants and 'kick it to Stevie' in the last.

No, I can't imagine why. I'm not angry or disappointed with the club in any way, and haven't got any scent of any issues. Strange - he didn't say anything more than that?

Back to the game, fantastic display across the park by everyone. That intensity from the midfield is what we need to continue to keep winning games, and the change of team selection to a mobile team put us back into the running mode - both attack and defence - that has been most successful for us in the past. Really liked the games from Ward, Cogs, Shiel, Whitfield, Wilson & Corr last night, but really can't complain about anyone as they all contributed. Was discussing with my son at half time that Stevie J was writing himself out of future games with three possessions - then at 2 goals in 3 minutes we said 'ugh, that will probably get him back in the team' then he kept on going! But great theatre with the 'Stevie' chants and 'kick it to Stevie' in the last.

I would say Cameron is concerned. Patton Delidio and Stevie all missing to half time then popped up when the game was won.

West Coast werent even trying to put on any forward pressure in the second half.

Richmond is very different and are frantic around the ball. And given the players were pointing to the ball carrier to kick to Stevie I imagine that wont happen in a tight Prelim.

The biggest issue last year was the teams who rested played badly in the prelims.

Cats and Giants both rested this week as well.

Ive asked for more info on the members thing.

We are a polite bunch.

Not fond of booing. Just think it's poor. I'll boo a poor decision or bad sportsmanship but booing a team into the ground, or someone taking a well-earned shot at goal? There's no honour in that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks mate. Hard to find too many positives in this but at the end of the day you guys just deserve it more. Can't say I wish you well from here on in but you can take that as a compliment.
The coast must've been a little spent after the port game. Did you guys fly all the way home then all the way to Sydney. When did you fly i?

What did I say about Stevie :$
Never saw that coming from him.

Wilson was tremendous as was cogs.

Lobb was really good I thought. Injury to Mumford a blessing in disguise.

Question will be does de boer come out if Devon is fit?
I hope they leave the side as is.

I am actually really really disappointed in Giants fans tonight. Could have been the last game of the season.

Why not turn up.

If we make the grand final it is going to be embarrassing numbers :(

If we can only get that number at a final at home what would we get to a GF ? 1000 ?

A few blaming the lateness instead of it being 4pm which would've encouraged younger families. Didn't see many kids as usual but I was nowhere near my usual seat.

What an amazing win! I know, I know... the Eagles aren't exactly a 2017 superpower, but they are a side we've notoriously struggled against in our short history.

Even when we had our breakout win against them earlier this year, it was a massive grind and we were pretty lucky overall. So, to say I thought we'd win in a canter would be a complete lie!

I was very comfortable that the boys would get a win, but never did I think it would be by eleven goals! It was one of the most impressive and complete displays I've ever seen.

What a huge Preliminary Final coming up! Richmond was manic in its pressure on the Geelong players last week. I've never seen a team play with such ferocity in my short time watching AFL.

I am concerned with just how we will be able to handle that pressure, should Richmond replicate such a manner of style. The boys do struggle when severe heat in applied.

Combine that ferocity with 90,000+ crazy Richmond fans cheering on their side and I'm sure it will be real tough for our boys. It will be an intimidating environment and one which really test the boys' mental resolve.

However, if the boys can get past Richmond, I am actually quite confident we can take it right up to either Adelaide or Geelong at the big dance.

It's going to be a huge week, and an additional element of having Lids' 250th game, against his old club, in such an important game. It will be interesting to see just how well received Lids is by the Richmond faithful.

I think we can win. However, we'll need to be at our absolute best. We will have to win the clearances and make sure that we're clean with our disposal.

If Richmond come with manic pressure and a game style to bully and stifle, it is going to be a long night if the boys can't absorb it early.

Go Giants!
Was concerned that they fell into chip across the ground mode in the 3rd but it didn't last long. We won't be able to switch play with Tigers. They're all over that.

I think the club needs to stop giving out too many free tickets during the year. It really doesn't give a good reflection on what the growth is really like.

So if our crowds averaged 5k for regular season and then 14k for a final would look really positive.

I give those free tickets out at work to people that have never even seen a game. Not once has any of them said they didn't enjoy it. Is that how the popularity spreads?

I think the club needs to stop giving out too many free tickets during the year. It really doesn't give a good reflection on what the growth is really like.

So if our crowds averaged 5k for regular season and then 14k for a final would look really positive.

Those free tickets are needed to plant the seeds in people that otherwise would not go to watch a footy game. It's a strategy for growth and one that I think the club is doing right by

Edit: woops didn't see your reply to the post above

You guys are a big chance next week, crowd could be 98% Tigers. Do you get many to Melb games?

I thought your crowd last night was fairly sparse, a lot of WCE bolstering the numbers too. I know you're only 6 years in but that's a disappointing crowd when Swans had a record crowd the previous week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back