Retired # 2: Tom Bellchambers - Knocks Cam Mooney the **** out - 24/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Stoked to see him back in the team... Not sure that he should have been dropped this year, given that if we had been able to play him into form we have our preferred structure. I see him as a kind of barometer of the team when looking at the difference between us being competitive and being a top four side. Imagine the team that we have seen the last few weeks plus an inform TBC! Kicking a goal or two while forward and releasing Ryder forward for the other half a game.
But when he is bad he is like sheet anchor :(

Needs to play his best game for the club this week.

I'd like to think TBC will be better for the run last week, but from what I saw (until half time then the last 10 minutes) he was so far short of a gallop that I don't expect much different from him this week.

Here's hoping it's one of those situations where I am more than happy for a player to prove me very wrong, because we need him to stand up if he maintains his spot.

but some of his tap ruckwork was outstanding - if your name is chris judd

i hope they tell him to ruck and forget the tap work just smash the ball forward.

last week against carlton he just looked plain lost for mine. like he was a few seconds out of timing and nothing was coming off

i hope they tell him to ruck and forget the tap work just smash the ball forward.

last week against carlton he just looked plain lost for mine. like he was a few seconds out of timing and nothing was coming off

Think that Bomber has acknowledged that Bellchambers was hitting the ball to the right spots and that the mids were terrible.

Judd was probably thinking "gee i would like a ruckman at Carlton who knows where to ruck tap"

I am not against playing Bellchambers nor am I expecting him to be in the top 30 players on the ground if he plays.

I just want to see him throw his weight around enough to be a target while forward and to enable us to genuinely rotate Ryder forward.

The problem is that, following the Carlton performance, there is some doubt that he can even do the most basic and expected grunt work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looks very much devoid of confidence at the moment.
Looks devoid of strength in his legs......Casboult jumped over him in the ruck and Rowe rag dolled him a couple of times when forward.

Tells you he's nowhere near 100%...not many get over him when he's right ( let alone Casboult) and never seen him shifted so easily 1 on 1. An issue of confidence in the ankle you'd think.

Goldstein will absolutely monster him in this (injury-affected) form. Ryder simply has to ruck the majority of the day which means Bellchambers has to be selected on his merits as a forward, or not at all. I'd rather he doesn't play and we take the extra security of Steinberg into the game.

Goldstein will absolutely monster him in this (injury-affected) form. Ryder simply has to ruck the majority of the day which means Bellchambers has to be selected on his merits as a forward, or not at all. I'd rather he doesn't play and we take the extra security of Steinberg into the game.
He looked nowhere near convincing enough as a forward last week, for mine, to merit taking him in as a forward.

I actually think if we go with him he could end up losing us the game, North will run off him with ease. Id much rather go with a more mobile forward line

I'd say his form on Saturday followed that of his recent vfl form, which has not been that good. What do we do? We need Ryder playing forward.

Huge selection dilemma for the coaches no doubt.

I wouldn't play him. Bring in another mid and try to outrun them at the G. It's a roll of the dice move.
It's very tempting because he's been poor all year in the seniors.
But I just don't see how our structure would work without him.
Apart from Ryder and Hooker, Carlisle is the biggest loss we could've had for this game. The domino effect in terms of our game plan puts us at great disadvantage.

Hope he can lift for us here. We all know what he can do when hes going well - and to be fair on TBell hes missed a heap of footy this year and it was his first senior game for a month last week. He should be better for the run, and if he can allow Paddy to go forward and kick a couple - or even better kick a couple himself it could be the difference between a win and a loss...

i cant believe you dweebs havent made a reference to former finals ruckman cale hooker

The great rucking duo of Cale and Nathan Lovett Murray 09 Elimination argh the memories featuring a side that had Michael Quinn in it....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back